any heard of factory freak?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 11:49 AM
dug
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by unit213
I don't.
I believe there are freakish 120lb drivers.
Old 08-19-2006, 12:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i realize that, but theres some things about this motor that just stick out....mines not a factory freak, but i feel that every block that comes off the line is different....even if minisqeul.....my friend with a 01 ws6 has a factory freak and thats why i believe in it.....i think he makes somewhere around 430rwhp with nothing but bolt ons....the highest ive heard most people have with bolt ons was 380
Old 08-19-2006, 02:30 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Horspower at the flywheel or rwhp needs to be taken for what it is. It can't be taken as proof. Many factors can affect the dyno ratings, including dyno operator error. Don't get me wrong you can't make a 200hp car appear to have 400 hp on a dyno.
But a 400hp engine can be made to show close to 50 more horses then it truly has depending on how the dyno operator loads it.
The true proof is in the et, comparing apples to apples. Weather, tire size, overall weight and short times need to be considered.
I agree with the mechanical variances possibly adding up to a better performing car but in my opinion the variances are not that huge as one would imagine. Quality control and checks have gotten alot better at GM.
I don't believe in this factory freak thing. I think it was created in the mind of some teen who wanted to feel he has something special in the garage.
The factory ringers of yesterday and street racers are responsible for this mythical creature.
When I foolishly street raced as a young man I always lied about my engine. It's part of the game. But my cars always ran like raped apes. I wonder how many people I convinced that I had a factory freak?