New 02 WS6
24.66%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

POLL: WS6 or Cobra

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2006 | 11:42 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Agt. Orange
For eveyone telling him to get the cobra WTF your all retarded.Cobras are for the week minded idiots that dont know how to work on cars.
The 13 second car owners talk all the ****.
Old 10-01-2006 | 12:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

just wondering if we have to have two threads going on at the same time about this?
Old 10-01-2006 | 12:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by staringback05
just wondering if we have to have two threads going on at the same time about this?
they are different...thanks

the last one was talking about heavily modded cars....this one is about stock cars
Old 10-01-2006 | 01:44 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by unit213
Why is it always in the guys with 13 second cars?
Is your ***** itchy again?
Old 10-01-2006 | 03:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SatanzWS6
this thread should be closed before it causes any more problems.
one of the better comments ive seen so far....i see flames starting to flicker

on a lighter note....the 03-04 cobra is pretty damn fast even with its faults....but to make an fbody compete it doesnt take much, i consider building internals on a car and it being fast alot more respectable then throwing on a good blower on a not so great platform and getting numbers....with the things i have now, i can have a good race with a cobra...with a h/c package on these cars, ls1s can beat the blower all day and thats what i find bothering.....BUT in final defense and neutrality.....i low the sound and feel of the cobra.....now we can stop the **** slinging?
Old 10-01-2006 | 03:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

been ducking the flying turds the entire thread
Old 10-01-2006 | 04:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LSGunZ28
Yeah well he said "Week" for "weak" and such. Also Keep in mind that the Camaro hit 12.99 stcok whereas the cobra hit mid-high 12s stock. there were done by Pros BTW

a good driver probably still cant get into the very high 12s stock, with a F body. But a regular driver should be able to get high 12s without much effort.
i know the cobras are faster dude i was commenting on the fact that he didnt do his homework.
Old 10-01-2006 | 04:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

90% of people on here dont know what homework is....let alone know how to fully read a post..... perception is a huge gift here
Old 10-01-2006 | 04:55 AM
Teching In

I understand the brand loyalty here. When I owned my Camaro, there was nothing you could say to make me see any good in a Mustang. I saw them everywhere and they came a dime a dozen. But the 03 and 04 Cobras are definately a different breed of car.

There comes a point and time when asked a question you need to put aside the brand loyalty and be truthful with yourself. I do think that people that have been around cars longer can appreciate a car that is made from another company that can put up serious numbers and the younger ones have their egos hurt when someone or something threatens their brand of cars. Not saying all youngsters are that way, but I say the vast majority are and also not saying that the older car guys aren't that way, but once again I think the majority are. Just my .02
Old 10-01-2006 | 07:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Cobra Vs F-Body thread's suck stop creating them.

That is all.
Old 10-01-2006 | 07:57 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ell Ess Won
Is your ***** itchy again?
My Spidey sense is tingling. I feel a lock and perhaps even a ban coming in the not to distant future

But I liked the visual aid. It was worth a good laugh.

I only have two problems with the 03/04 Cobras and both are subjective to personal taste and opinion. First is I hate the way they look. The only Mustangs I ever thought looked good are the classic 60's models and the new Shelby Cobra. So as impressive as the motor is I would still have to look at the interior when I drove it and the outside when it was parked. Second is the fact that they are only manuals. For the street that's definately the way to go but I prefer stalled autos for the track.

I'll take a WS6 any day. Build a nice 408 with 90/90 intake, big stall, RMVB, T-brake and spray the **** out of it. With the right traction you won't find too many Cobras out there that'll out run you. At least not at the track.
Old 10-01-2006 | 07:59 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Terminator X
I understand the brand loyalty here. When I owned my Camaro, there was nothing you could say to make me see any good in a Mustang. I saw them everywhere and they came a dime a dozen. But the 03 and 04 Cobras are definately a different breed of car.

There comes a point and time when asked a question you need to put aside the brand loyalty and be truthful with yourself. I do think that people that have been around cars longer can appreciate a car that is made from another company that can put up serious numbers and the younger ones have their egos hurt when someone or something threatens their brand of cars. Not saying all youngsters are that way, but I say the vast majority are and also not saying that the older car guys aren't that way, but once again I think the majority are. Just my .02
I used to fall in that category until I met some friends that all run in the Mustang camp. Boy were my eyes opened. One was a '04 Mach 1 that was an absolutley amazing car in every respect. The other was a '04 Cobra that words don't do justice. I love my Hawk and I love all LS1 cars, but Mustangs are very equal and often much better in competition. I would buy a Cobra any day of the week.....so long as I could keep my Hawk as well.
Old 10-01-2006 | 08:01 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by LT1-DAN
a stock 03-04 cobra can only take about 16psi if you want to get any long term service out of the engine.
Nope...me and about 50 other local guys have been running a lot
more boost than that for a long time now.

Honestly, I'm dissappointed in you guys. I thought people here were
more intelligent than this. Apparently I was mistaken.