New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

is my trans am really a formula??

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 12:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lol, You have a T/A man.. Stop stressing. Your car looks great by the way.

Needs rims and a Ram Air hood though =] I understand your worried because carfax said the word formula, But you need to know that thats just what they do. Call it lazy or whatever.

Dealership will give you a 100% answer. Stop Stressing again, your the proud owner of a great looking F-body. Good luck =]
Old 10-25-2006, 12:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

krisxpc, thanks bro really appreciate it.

I understand your worried because carfax said the word formula, But you need to know that thats just what they do. Call it lazy or whatever. -krisxpc

it also said it on insurance and title. formula. i dunno why. but everyone says its a t/a. y82 means t/a and i have that. but i dunno
Old 10-25-2006, 12:46 AM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

dealership.......dude its almost 11PM your time, go to bed and go to the dealership tomorrow after you get off work.
Old 10-25-2006, 09:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

okay people, i called my local pontiac dealer and told him my case about me thinking my car isnt a trans am, he asked for the vin, and confirmed to me that it indeed is a FIREBIRD TRANS AM. thats what is said on his computer, a FIREBIRD TRANS AM. no sign of the word formula on there. So im relieved. what do you guys think?
Old 10-25-2006, 09:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a trans am is a converted formula. we already told you that and we already told you that you have a trans am. god. and you post too much, i saw points in this thread when u posted 3 or 4 times before the next guy did. edit your **** or something....or write a longer post.
Old 10-25-2006, 12:19 PM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by nickand98redta
okay people, i called my local pontiac dealer and told him my case about me thinking my car isnt a trans am, he asked for the vin, and confirmed to me that it indeed is a FIREBIRD TRANS AM. thats what is said on his computer, a FIREBIRD TRANS AM. no sign of the word formula on there. So im relieved. what do you guys think?
see? all that needless posting for what? lol j/k but you really need to condense your posts and chillout a little. i told you the dealer would come through.
Old 10-25-2006, 05:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Dude everyone in the thread told you that **** and your RPO codes confirmed it. What will you need next, the word of God?
Old 10-25-2006, 08:07 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by cerebrex
What will you need next, the word of God?
so are you sayin the word of Satan is no good???
Old 10-25-2006, 09:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2000HTSS
so are you sayin the word of Satan is no good???

^ he speaks
Old 10-25-2006, 11:59 PM
Launching!

there was a pro driver who drove both the 98 t/a and 98 formula. he put it on record that the 98 t/a was quicker by .2 secs 0 to 60 wise. thats 5.1 secs for the t/a and 5.3 secs for the formula
PLEASEEEEEEEEE DON'T TELL ME YOU GOT THAT CRAP FROM THIS WEBSITE!
http://www.albeedigital.com/supercou...0-60times.html

I've never seen anyone freak out so much about this!!!!! Every car is different, some T/As are faster than Formulas and some Formuals are faster than T/As. But the fact is Formula's are lighter and if you take your Trans Am and swap out all of the body panels with Formula ones it will be lighter and therefore marginally faster! So if your car WAS a Formula from the factory, but someone put all Trans Am visual parts... then guess what.... its a Trans Am.

I agree that Trans Ams look nicer, which is why I'm putting T/A body panels on mine, but I do realize that all I'm doing is slowing the car down.
Old 10-26-2006, 01:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

This is dumb, no more threads like this please. It's everywhere, you can look it up. They are the same except appearance, in fact since the t/a has heavier parts (heavier hatch, side skirts, etc...), it should be slightly slower.