Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Supercharging 98-01 LS1 F-bodies

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 09:59 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supercharging 98-01 LS1 F-bodies

I'm looking to get my hands on a 98-01 Z28 LS1 Camaro, chances are it will be 98-99. Through looking at some other forums I was told it was difficult to SC LS1's due to high compression and that it's not the smoothest thing, I was looking to get some other opinions, and possibly some suggestions on other mods following a supercharged LS1, or possibly turbocharged, if it's a shaky deal I will go all-motor but looking for some input. Also, what kind of power could be expected from a LS1 running basic mods (I notice theres a handful of mods everyone suggests on LS1's) and maybe a 100 shot?

PS. If this was answered in a previous post I apologize, I searched back a couple pages and used search and was unable to find specific answers in m y limited time, and I figure if it's deeper than what I looked then it would be efficient to just start another topic.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Old 11-04-2006, 10:05 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by KillmaroZ28
PS. If this was answered in a previous post I apologize, I searched back a couple pages and used search and was unable to find specific answers in m y limited time, and I figure if it's deeper than what I looked then it would be efficient to just start another topic.

Lets start out with: Welcome. I am moving this to the Enthusiasts section for you since Forced Induction is not conversed too much in the internal engine section.
Old 11-04-2006, 10:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you will need a lower compression to run much more than 7 or 8 psi to go forced induction. however a head/cam/bolt-on car can put down 400-480rwhp depending on the set up. bolt on cars will normally put down roughly about 360wrhp? Orange help me out on that one
Old 11-04-2006, 10:08 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome aboard!

Well there is a new maggie kit that has everything you'll need. The maggies are proven power with the Vettes. Heres two links for you with more info:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction/582864-those-interested-magnuson-kits-f-body-step-inside.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/sponsor-sales-specials/598487-now-taking-orders-magnacharger-f-body-kit.html

HTH