Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wow be careful this sucks

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 06:09 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wow be careful this sucks

well i just got fucked in the ***...no more car till monday..then lots of fees and lots of court. any ideas?

Old 03-18-2007, 09:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Street Racing????
Old 03-18-2007, 09:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i think it says drac racing, also a loud muffler. I can't read the other one
Old 03-18-2007, 09:55 AM
11 Second Club

u can fight the loud muffler by saying he doesnt have a deciable meter.

if it would of said for disorderly conduct then u would'a been hosed on that one
Old 03-18-2007, 10:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

lawyer comes to mind as a good idea.
Old 03-18-2007, 11:32 AM
Banned

*sigh* Another victim of The Man...Mr. Ben Dover
Old 03-18-2007, 12:46 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,775 Likes on 1,265 Posts

I can't read a damn thing in those pics. Too blury.
Old 03-18-2007, 01:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
I can't read a damn thing in those pics. Too blury.
+1.....
Old 03-18-2007, 01:56 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just go and get lawyered up man!
Old 03-18-2007, 01:58 PM
Launching!

+2 but i would say you need a LAWYER! did you get the car back?
Old 03-18-2007, 02:05 PM
Launching!

That sucks, sorry to hear that. Good thing they did not nail you for !emissions equipment, the loud muffer as stated above could be thrown out.
Old 03-18-2007, 02:08 PM
12 Second Club

Get a lawyer, you will need it. If you were doin something wrong and got caught, don't complain about getting "Fuc*ed in the ***."
Old 03-18-2007, 02:11 PM
Trunion King

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Look like the two tickets say..."drunk driving" and "loud muffler". I can't read the other one.

Last edited by bene; 03-18-2007 at 02:18 PM.
Old 03-18-2007, 02:15 PM
Banned

You deserve it, and I'm glad you got caught. I hope you spend 10 grand on a lawyer, and the officer shows up to court. Owned.

The risk you put every other citizen in is enormous, and I hope you learned your lesson. I had the pleasure of receiving a 12 point Grand Auto Contest citation when I was 16. Changed my life forever. I haven't been in a street race since, haven't gotten a speeding ticket since, haven't been pulled over since. And I always thought, well I'm safe, I'm smart about it. And I thought a good friend of mine was too. Today he's in prison for Vehicular Manslaughter, and that's where he will be for the next 15 years of his life. I'm glad I learned my lesson with a $80 citation, a year without my license, and double the insurance rates. It's saved me 15 years of my life, and made the rest of society a safer place.

As for the loud muffler, good luck. Of the 2 a month our department writes on average, I haven't seen one get canceled since I've worked here (2+ years now), and more than half are appealed. An officer DOES NOT have to prove it was too loud. Him saying it was louder than the reasonable person would expect a stock unmodified automobile to be is reason enough to cite you on the offense, EVEN IF the exhaust is stock. Yes, a car manufacturer can sell a car that breaks the law in stock unmodified form. Look at the Z06. At full throttle, it breaks the sound ordinances in most states that have them at a certain decibel level.
Old 03-18-2007, 02:19 PM
12 Second Club

Is it public urination

I cant read it....lol
Old 03-18-2007, 02:24 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by FieroZ34

As for the loud muffler, good luck. Of the 2 a month our department writes on average, I haven't seen one get canceled since I've worked here (2+ years now), and more than half are appealed. An officer DOES NOT have to prove it was too loud. Him saying it was louder than the reasonable person would expect a stock unmodified automobile to be is reason enough to cite you on the offense, EVEN IF the exhaust is stock. Yes, a car manufacturer can sell a car that breaks the law in stock unmodified form. Look at the Z06. At full throttle, it breaks the sound ordinances in most states that have them at a certain decibel level.
While I fully agree with you on the street racing/possibly drunk driving bit...I think this loud exhaust law is ******* stupid. If someone's out racing around with open headers, by all means..ticket the dumbass. But any officer that gives a ticket to someone with a catback or stock exhaust that is minding his own business and driving responsibly is a c*nt bag. And the fact that it's nearly impossible to win a case like that in many states is sad. Why don't officers just start accusing us of murder too? If the officer doesn't have to PROVE it then I guess that would be an effective form of population control. I believe the saying goes, "Innocent until proven guilty." Unless you are a car enthusiast.
Old 03-18-2007, 02:26 PM
Banned

I don't even believe there is a clause in the law against public excretement of bodily wastes.

However there is against Indecent Exposure of course.
Old 03-18-2007, 02:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by FieroZ34
A well written respononse, but I'd like to stress that it varries from state to state. I know in Mass. the law is that you can't alter your exhaust in any way to make it louder than stock, but I'm 99.9% sure a stock car can be cited.

Anyways, if the charges are racing/DUI, get a lawyer! There's a reason that everyones telling you to do so. This isn't some lame parking ticket.
Old 03-18-2007, 02:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Ls1Bait
Is it public urination

I cant read it....lol
public urination for 200 alex..
Old 03-18-2007, 02:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by edwardswb
While I fully agree with you on the street racing/possibly drunk driving bit...I think this loud exhaust law is ******* stupid. If someone's out racing around with open headers, by all means..ticket the dumbass. But any officer that gives a ticket to someone with a catback or stock exhaust that is minding his own business and driving responsibly is a c*nt bag. And the fact that it's nearly impossible to win a case like that in many states is sad. Why don't officers just start accusing us of murder too? If the officer doesn't have to PROVE it then I guess that would be an effective form of population control. I believe the saying goes, "Innocent until proven guilty." Unless you are a car enthusiast.
I agree and disagree. I agree if someone is driving responsibly, even with a loud exhaust, isn't causing any problems, should be left alone. It's when they are on the throttle, slamming gears, making A LOT of noise that it gets to be a problem. No doubt most of you have laid in bed at night, hearing the cars/bikes until 4:00am. It isn't enjoyable after a 10 hour day at work, even if you are like the rest of us (Myself included), that would prefer the sound of an LS1 to most anything. Most cops are good about this. I can honestly say though, if I stopped a car for DUI and was able to prove beyond a reasonable doubt (Which is what the law says about exhausts too), that the vehicle operator was drunk, I would cite him with loud exhaust, if his exhaust was loud. Even if he was driving slow. It adds punishment to the overly lax punishment of the DUI infraction.

And yes, the above is right, it varies greatly from state to state. I am only knowledgeable in the basic laws of Colorado and Oklahoma, and nothing I say should be taken as fact, because I do make mistakes. (Though rare...lol).

Quick Reply: wow be careful this sucks