Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Burning the Clutch?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 10:20 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Burning the Clutch?

I just bought a 2001 T.A. about 6 months ago. I'm trying to master the stick shift but and curious if i'm burning up the clutch. When i start moving in first it seems like it will almost always make a noise and i usually have to take off slowly and i can feel like and vibration on the clutch pedal. Any videos or suggestions? I'm a total noob here, i know its pathetic.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:25 PM
12 Second Club

There should be no vibration comming form the clutch pedal, unless you keep surging the car when you try to take off. The more rpms you have the less the motor will surge, but it will start to burn up the clutch if you let it slip to long. Lerning to drive sitck is a feel so you cant really explain it. Just keep praticing and eventually you will get it, Becides if you plan on moding your car you are going to kill the stock clutch anyway.
Old 03-22-2007, 12:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Have an experienced driver try your car to make sure its not something like a bad trans mount or U joint ect....
Old 03-23-2007, 07:08 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

How did you just buy it 6 months ago?

I had a ripped trans mount and my Spec3 at the time chattered like crazy. Fixed the mount...and still kinda chattered. (Welcome to Spec clutches)

If you admit that you can't drive it very well, then I would have to say the problem is probably in between the seat and clutch pedal.
Old 03-23-2007, 03:00 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

are you saying you have been driving you car for 6months and your trying to master having a manual? or are you saying you just got it but haven't drove until now?