Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

is my battery going out?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 05:11 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is my battery going out?

ive had this batter since ive had my car going on 2 yrs or more and i notice now when i like act like im gonna stall the cltuch and let it bog the car it self loose power and comes back on and some time the car its self will like loose full power and have to learn its tune back and wat not, the batttery is weak and the system i have it in probably does not help either.

what would be a good battery to go with?
Old 03-21-2007, 06:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd have the battery load tested first. I'm on my third battery, went with Optima red top.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Die hard makes a good battery great warrenty also
Old 03-22-2007, 11:40 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LightEmUpLs1
ive had this batter since ive had my car going on 2 yrs or more and i notice now when i like act like im gonna stall the cltuch and let it bog the car it self loose power and comes back on and some time the car its self will like loose full power and have to learn its tune back and wat not, the batttery is weak and the system i have it in probably does not help either.

what would be a good battery to go with?
had same thing happen to me a few weeks ago + sec light, only started when it wnted to.....it was the batt conection, and out of all things that was the last thing i checked. i was pissed for it to be something so little and that was the last thing i checked
Old 03-23-2007, 04:35 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your positive battery terminal leaks, or ever has, it could have also got inside the insulation on the battery cable and ate away at the wire from the inside out. That happened to me. The week before I found it I had the engine relearning the idle thing happen to me twice and then I had engine whine in my speakers even when the radio was off. When I got the car the connection was corroded and I cleaned it all up really good and replaced the terminal but the damage was already done. It's $49 for a new positive cable so if your battery leaks take care of it right away. It's a common problem with the OEM batteries in these cars. It sucks spending $49 and it doesn't even make the car go faster or look better.