Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to tell?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 10:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to tell?

I'm looking into get some mods added to the car. Eventually getting cam, intake etc.

Is their anyway to tell if the TBis the original or if a different one has been added?

I bought the car with a lid, headers, full exhaust, strut tower brace already done to it, so its possible more has been done but this is the first FI car I have been thinking of modding, everything else has been carb'ed so this is pretty new to me on what looks stock and what is obviously not. Heck I didnt even know the lid was aftermarket until someone pointed it out.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:49 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hard to really say...

Get the cam doctored, look for diff. casting numbers, compression test, dyno run.
Old 05-14-2007, 05:42 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It shouldn't be to hard to tell if the throttle body has been ported/ epoxied. Just take of the lid and the big *** rubber peice attached to the throttle body. And look inside to see if you can see signs of it being ported or polished. Search the forums for throttle bodies. I know a couple people posted before and after pictures. Another thing to look for is to see if they bypassed the coolant going into the throttle body. Just look and see if there are two lines attached to the bottom of the throttle body that are open. Search throttle body bypass to find examples of that. Hope it helps. good luck with the new car.
Old 05-14-2007, 05:57 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Post up a pic of your TB with the bellows off of course. Myself or someone else can tell you if it is stock or ported.