Sponsored by:

xtreme vision hid knock offs..

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 01:20 AM
tx3
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default xtreme vision hid knock offs..

anyone ever use the xenon hid xtreme vision 8500k knock off bulbs that are sold on an auction website or what not.. just trying to get some input.. dont feel like buying a full hid setup.. too broke now just bought my new car

Last edited by tx3; 06-14-2007 at 12:15 PM.
Old 06-14-2007, 02:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

go back and take ebay out of the post, and post up some pics..."has anyone ever used these bulbs"?....cause id like to see what they look like but im not searching ebay for them
Old 06-14-2007, 02:43 AM
TECH Addict

They're all over ebay but I can't say I've seen them installed on anybody's car. Any more I'm leary about buying stuff on ebay like that especially the ones that are mass listed by some japanese company. Not saying they're not good but I worry about the quality and the service after the sale. I've emailed a few of the sellers of these kits and they didn't seem to know too much about their own products which scares me.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:24 AM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

If they are the knock off blue tinted Halogen bulbs with the "HID Look" but are not actually HID capsules, don't get them. The light they produce will look whiter, but the tint blocks some light reducing lumen output. In other words, they will actually be dimmer.

Check out this article:
http://www.danielsternlighting.com/t...uperwhite.html

If you really want brighter bulbs, here are some recommendations:
* Sylvania XtraVision
* Phillips VisionPlus
* GE NightHawk
Those are actually brighter and the light is slightly whiter than standard halogen. They are not tinted. The glass is clear. Although they don't have the "HID bright white look", they are brighter than standard Halogen.
Old 06-14-2007, 03:03 PM
tx3
Launching!

ttt to the top
Old 06-14-2007, 04:40 PM
Teching In

yea I have used similar lights they will actually have a slight blue tint to them but as far as light output its actually worse they seem worse then orginial stock
Old 06-14-2007, 05:31 PM
Teching In

[QUOTE=tx3]anyone ever use the xenon hid xtreme vision 8500k knock off bulbs that are sold on an auction website or what not.. just trying to get some input.. dont feel like buying a full hid setup.. too broke now just bought my new car

YEa man Ive used them . I bought the same thing pretty much from a customizing shop down here in FL. But there 7000 k . There pretty blue N I like them. Tho I will warn you now I would not buy the brights because there really blue for 7000k and just not as bright as stock brights and they mess with your eyes at night the only reason I keep em is just cuz there cool. Either way there not that bright as the stock ones but Im just after that blue light got more than I wanted. But for $60 for low beams and high beam bulbs Im not complaining
Old 06-14-2007, 05:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got a set for my jeep from circuit city. Not that brand or anything... The ones I got were higher wattage. 100/80 I think. I built a harness to support the extra wattage. They work fantastic.

One thing you can do to improve you lights perfromance is check the voltage at the headlight plugs themselves. You might find that even while the engine is running that the voltage is below 12v. Or below the battery voltage. You can buy an upgrade harness, or make your own. Those really help.

But those ones you posted seem like the regular old imitation bulbs.

J.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:57 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Since you've posted the picture, it confirms what I said earlier. They are blue tinted knock-offs.

Quick Reply: xtreme vision hid knock offs..