New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP exhaust question

Old 07-09-2007, 04:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SLP exhaust question

Ok, so my friend bought an SLP exhaust for his car from the summit store (we drove there haha, it was sweeett) anyhow, It came with the exhaust system blah blah blah with the resonator, soon to find out the resonator (the one with no muffler packing, no insulation, nothing, just a hollow 'expansion chamber') was an after market part.

I wanna buy a slp exhaust for my car now too, but I dont want the quiet version, i want the resonator, the non street legal version, it sounds soo much better than the other one, we bought the other one just to hear what it sounded like.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thosewhohatedmecreat
It came with the exhaust system blah blah blah with the resonator, soon to find out the resonator (the one with no muffler packing, no insulation, nothing, just a hollow 'expansion chamber') was an after market part.

I wanna buy a slp exhaust for my car now too, but I dont want the quiet version, i want the resonator, the non street legal version,
Old 07-09-2007, 08:31 AM
TECH Resident

My guess is your talking about the SLP loud Mouth 1 catback. It has a straight through design. Just look on one of the vendors websites, they normaly end up selling this stuff cheap. Or go look though the items for sale section. A lot of people dont like the sound after adding Lt's, so they switch to a different system. What kind of car is this for?
Old 07-09-2007, 08:34 AM
TECH Addict

Yup its the LM I with the hollow resonator.
Old 07-09-2007, 03:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

the non street legal version? pretty sure the lm1 is 50 state legal but if you want to be a hundred times louder and sound like a dump truck you can go with an aftermarket ORY with the LM1s and then you wont be legal anymore, nor will you be able to listen to your radio very well
Old 07-09-2007, 04:22 PM
TECH Addict

LM1 and LM2 are both street legal but LM1 is the louder one.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:11 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by slow1999blackz28
the non street legal version? pretty sure the lm1 is 50 state legal but if you want to be a hundred times louder and sound like a dump truck you can go with an aftermarket ORY with the LM1s and then you wont be legal anymore, nor will you be able to listen to your radio very well

dumptruck? it's loud but I don't think it sounds like a dumptruck
Old 07-09-2007, 07:27 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by burnrubr88
dumptruck? it's loud but I don't think it sounds like a dumptruck
farm truck is what he meant it sounds like an 80's chevy pickup with a hole in the muffler, just 10 times louder
Old 07-09-2007, 07:31 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by slow1999blackz28

BS.... a dumptruck? bah..... i even open the cutout and cruise around and i still want it louder
Old 07-09-2007, 07:39 PM
Scammer Alert!

yah, not really sure what everyone is talking about, to loud? I have the loudmouth 1 with pacesetter longtubes and a 3 inch ory , the hollow big cylinder like resonator, and all i have gotten are compliments, with no cats however i have notices like the op stated fumes in the cabin, and when i got my car tuned they did say it was running a bit rich, i think when your running long tubes with the o2s deleted its bound to happen
Old 07-09-2007, 08:10 PM
12 Second Club

if you do decide to get the loudmouth1 * i did and LOVE IT* make sure you keep the stock stuff just incase that you have to swap it back out due to noise ordinance..anything over 3K rpm is going to be FUN!! lol..and your neighbors will learn to hate you for it..also run pace setter LT's or soemthing very similar to a block hugger style the SLP LT's sit way to low...i know...i got the whole SLP system...and clearance has always been an issue...
Old 07-09-2007, 08:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by thosewhohatedmecreat
Ok, so my friend bought an SLP exhaust for his car from the summit store (we drove there haha, it was sweeett) anyhow, It came with the exhaust system blah blah blah with the resonator, soon to find out the resonator (the one with no muffler packing, no insulation, nothing, just a hollow 'expansion chamber') was an after market part.

I wanna buy a slp exhaust for my car now too, but I dont want the quiet version, i want the resonator, the non street legal version, it sounds soo much better than the other one, we bought the other one just to hear what it sounded like.
You will enjoy it, I have it also, it's not as bad as some make it out to be. It's not quiet when you get on it, but who wants a quiet V/8. This is just one sound.
http://www.ls1sounds.com/SLPloudmout...wk_burnout.mpg
Old 07-09-2007, 09:03 PM
On The Tree

I have pacesetter LT's, ory, slp loudmouth 1 and it's only loud and raspy when you hit the gas more than normal and take it up in the rpms. It does not drone inside like everybody says it does. I drive down the interstate at 65-70 and it's actually quiet. And cruizing around it's quiet also. And it doesn't sound like a dumptruck by any means. Or a hole in the muffler truck. Sounds a little like an open cutout but I haven't gotten anything but compliments either and there are a lot of fbod guys where I live. My friend has the same setup on his LT1 and he loves it also. So I'm guessing if you like just the cat back sound you'll love it with LT's and ORY.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

What is the ORY? Im sorry I have never heard of that, and I live in Hawaii, I could give a **** how loud my car is... My friend supercharged his just to make the exhaust louder...

My friends car sounded nothing like http://www.ls1sounds.com/SLPloudmout...wk_burnout.mpg
it was more of a high pitched noise but you could tell it was a v8, resonating, rattling windows, shaking the house apart...
Old 07-10-2007, 11:31 PM
TECH Addict

ORY= Off Road Y-pipe

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SLP exhaust question