Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to find good deals?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 12:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Where to find good deals?

I've been searching on craigslists and stuff...

are there any places that you guys recommend that I can find a good deal on a camaro?

I appreciate all responses

Old 07-24-2007, 01:10 PM
TECH Regular

I found mine on either Autotrader or Automart a couple years ago. I will look around craigslist every once in a while, and there don't seem to be many good deals, at least not in my area.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:19 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by mikerulzu
I found mine on either Autotrader or Automart a couple years ago. I will look around craigslist every once in a while, and there don't seem to be many good deals, at least not in my area.
+1 for autotrader
Old 07-24-2007, 01:21 PM
Teching In

autotrader or craigslist
Old 07-24-2007, 05:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

This website. Try looking around in the classifieds.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:59 AM
Launching!

Step 1 is have patience. Before you know it, a deal will fall into your hands. When i was looking for an LS1, a LT1 fell into my hands for $3400 on craiglist. The car was in good condition mechanically, but comsetically needed work. I only got to drive it for 4 days before i came back to the UK. Now im currently waiting on it to arrive here in the UK... All in all it took me about 4 months to finally land a deal..

And before anyone says, why didnt i buy an LSX BLAH BLAH BLAH... I was on a time crunch to buy a car. I was only in the US for 30 days and hadnt sodl my car in the UK yet, so i only have $4000 to spend... now i have another $6000 to spend on the car

-justin
Old 07-27-2007, 11:55 AM
Teching In

Patience is important. i was searching for an LS1 for 2 years. got on e-bay july 2006 and found a 35th anniv. SS with 694 miles M6 and bought it for 25k. just start to figure out what it is you want.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:27 PM
12 Second Club

Knowing what it is you want is very important in my opinion, patience is good too. I found my car in a autotrader magazine, the guy didnt pay to have it listed on the internet. I got a good deal, but I'm paying now to have what I wanted in the first place a M6 car. My car is super clean so I dont mind paying the extra cash so much, but that money could of went to better mods.
Old 07-27-2007, 02:13 PM
On The Tree

Autotrader, Automart, ebay, cars.com, craigslist, yahoo classifieds, **LS1TECH CLASSIFIEDS**, Vehix, and local postings around your area... Like everyone has been saying, its really all about patience and knowing what you want. It's well worth the wait and anticipation

If all else fails, get a Honda.

(jokes)
Old 07-27-2007, 02:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

ls1tech, local fbody boards, craigslist and autotrader, I found mine on autotrader and it was posted on a local board as well, just be patient and don't always buy the first thing make sure its worth whatever you end up paying
Old 07-27-2007, 03:09 PM
TECH Addict

My personal experience after buying and trading over 40 cars since 1993, don't buy ANYTHING you can see, touch, drive, and smell yourself. Be prepared to go a long distance and possibly have to go home with nothing. Some people mean to be honest, but really don't know what they're talking about. Take someone who knows how to look for paint/body work etc if you don't already know.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:49 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Redlinez
My personal experience after buying and trading over 40 cars since 1993, don't buy ANYTHING you can see, touch, drive, and smell yourself. Be prepared to go a long distance and possibly have to go home with nothing. Some people mean to be honest, but really don't know what they're talking about. Take someone who knows how to look for paint/body work etc if you don't already know.
Good advice. I am traveling to Colorado from Iowa tomorrow to look at (hopefully buy) a 99 Z28 with 58k on it that has everything I am looking for. I can get it for $9500. An older gentlemen in his 50's owns it. I am praying it is in as good of shape as the pics and he says. I bought my LT1 from South Dakota. My parents think I am nuts for traveling over 600 miles for a car but there aren't any around here. I am worried about coming home with nothing as well. Hopefully things go well. I found the car on autotrader as well as my old LT1. Good luck with your search.

Just a side note I forgot...

I was looking at two other cars as well. One was in Ohio and one was in Michigan. For both of those I found two extremely nice people to go and check them out for me. Good thing I did. Neither one was worth the trip or money. Both of those owners threw up red flags after I got the pics and talked to them. The one in Colorado seems like a stand up guy who knows his cars. He has a car cover for it, his garage looked very organized, and the cars interior was very nice in the pics. This guy has not thrown any red flags which I am taking as a very good thing. I am confident that the car is in nice shape. So if you find a car out of state, try to find someone willing to take a look at them for you. Hope this helps.

Last edited by RedRocketZ28; 07-27-2007 at 03:54 PM.