Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with exhaust!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 08:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Provie
...Out of those, if you wanted loud and obnioux, go with the LM1. ...
LMAO!! Thats how we roll!!!! But,.. part of the reason why I like it is because it annoys the "right" people! Ya know,.. like old neighbors who complain about anything and everything, small children who dent your car on the street while their playing catch and crazy ex's that always give you **** for working on the car when you should be with them...AT ALL TIMES!!! ...just my .02s.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heck my car(g/fs previous car she get a new yukon i inherited the camaro) has stock pipe all the way back untill it gets to the axle then its aftermarket pipe into a flowmaster with nothing coming out of the flowmaster. Had to cut the tips off because she backed out of a ditch on a country road. Anyways its no the best sounding fbody ive heard but i cant complain to much. Its got a mild deep sound, alittle raspy at times but people wont ride in it cause its to loud. I dont know what thats about i dont think its loud enough. Just enough to know its there. I know its alittle redneck but it looks alot better then having one tip hang out 6 inches past the bumper and the other one being under the car.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:03 PM
On The Tree

I heard both of them and they are both loud. It all depends on what you do from the headers down!
Old 11-06-2007, 09:03 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SSOZ28
Heck my car(g/fs previous car she get a new yukon i inherited the camaro) has stock pipe all the way back untill it gets to the axle then its aftermarket pipe into a flowmaster with nothing coming out of the flowmaster. Had to cut the tips off because she backed out of a ditch on a country road. Anyways its no the best sounding fbody ive heard but i cant complain to much. Its got a mild deep sound, alittle raspy at times but people wont ride in it cause its to loud. I dont know what thats about i dont think its loud enough. Just enough to know its there. I know its alittle redneck but it looks alot better then having one tip hang out 6 inches past the bumper and the other one being under the car.
WOW!!! ,... I can leterally sound out your accent just by reading that! Thats pretty cool.

Anyways,... well,... your basically a stocker. Invest....and **** people off.... LETS GO!!! LETS GO!!!! LETS GO!!!!!
Old 11-06-2007, 09:05 PM
On The Tree

I have heard them both and they are both good and loud. It all depends on what you do from the headers down!
Old 11-06-2007, 09:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks for everyone's input..im now leaning towards LT's with TD's but i deff want it to extend past the rear axle for the apperance of the tips and the reduced drone of a dumped exhaust
Old 11-06-2007, 11:09 PM
On The Tree

cant believe no one has suggested cutouts
Old 11-07-2007, 12:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

I went for maximum **** off the neighborhood in my car. Flowmaster 1 chambers on the collectors of Kooks 1 7/8 LT's. its crazy loud, pops, and makes a ton of noise in and outside the car. I've been told by neighbors that they can hear me coming from the highway about a 1.5 miles away... lol. I can set off most all car alarms at idle.. and yes I still daily drive it every day and I work in Chicago too.

http://www.fquick.com/videos/Exhaust...1_Z28_LS1/3690
Old 11-07-2007, 12:32 AM
On The Tree

that thing sounds damn good..nice n deep..hope u dont mind if i steal ur ideas n get the same set up
Old 11-07-2007, 01:51 AM
12 Second Club

also take into consideration that video clips aren't as loud as they are in person for the most part, his setup is loud as hell lol. As for the extending your TD's out the back, look into having a custom under the axle setup done, more simplistic and ground clearence is still okay if you do it right. It also looks pretty badass, kind of like the 03/04 cobra's exhaust looks from behind.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah Its insanely loud... like forget turning on the radio unless its full blast kind of loud and forget having a conversation with a passenger unless you are yelling kind of loud. lol! I'm changing mine to a TD setup with cats dumped at the axle relatively soon which will be a lot quieter... although it sure is fun having a crazy loud setup.
Old 11-07-2007, 04:01 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by sixvi6-camaro
Yeah Its insanely loud... like forget turning on the radio unless its full blast kind of loud and forget having a conversation with a passenger unless you are yelling kind of loud. lol! I'm changing mine to a TD setup with cats dumped at the axle relatively soon which will be a lot quieter... although it sure is fun having a crazy loud setup.
ya but it does get to you after a while, especially if you have to DD the car everywhere. that's what the cutouts are for haha.

Are meaning to say that you want to run TD's with only cats, and no mufflers, then dump it? Or keep the existing mufflers but also add cats to it before dumping before the axle??
Old 11-07-2007, 05:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

LMII is a deep and cleaner sound...no rasp just a nice deep clean tone...LMII gets my vote
Old 11-07-2007, 09:00 PM
On The Tree

yea its still up in the air..neways what kind of headers do u all recommend?? im leaning toward pacesetters
Old 11-07-2007, 10:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rob98LS1
ya but it does get to you after a while, especially if you have to DD the car everywhere. that's what the cutouts are for haha.

Are meaning to say that you want to run TD's with only cats, and no mufflers, then dump it? Or keep the existing mufflers but also add cats to it before dumping before the axle??
Plan is cats with probably Powersticks dumped at the axle with turndowns.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:42 PM
On The Tree

Didn't read all responses but if you want deep, loud, and BAD ***. Go with TD's. Preferably long-tubes into true duals.

OMG, secks.

Dan