New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So I just got my 02 WS6 (advice needed)

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 03:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Wow so much hate on that thread vs us. Oh well, I guess that happens no matter where you go. I'll keep driving my "mullet, redneck, trailertrash, outdated pos Firebird". I tried to find the timeslip from when I raced the 350z but I can't find any of my races from that day. All I now is it was the new style type, don't know if it was an auto or manual.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:41 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow some major **** on that board!!! The mods list for the guy who posted the kill is all appearance mods - what a ****** loser. I don't understand how these **** tards think a stock 350Z can beat a WS6. Not gunna happen just like a stock f-body isn't gunna take a tremy cobra. On the 2nd page some moron says that his stock 350z kept up with a C5 throught the 1st 3 gears. --- What????? MORONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-14-2007, 04:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

by all means turn the traction control off. it will pull the throttle from you and/or throw you in second way early and he will blow past you. trust me you would rather risk spinning a little then to have the computer take over. its awful, but helpful in the rain.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:15 PM
Launching!

Don't get caught up in the forum bashing BS. Half of the people posting on forums (in general) have no idea what's going on. There is good info out there, and some bad, at every forum. Just roast his *** in the name of the LS1, and post a thread there laughing about it. I'd lay down some money, at least $20, if not 50 or 100. It'll help pay for your next mod. Sorry, got carried away with the smilies.

I've got a buddy I work with that bought a 2006 350Z new. It was his divorce present to himself. He'd be glad to hit a 14.0 in the quarter. It has an auto transmission, but can be shifted manually too. They aren't slow cars, but they aren't as fast as an LS1 car.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

please film this race, it will be priceless, just like that 350z forum
Old 11-14-2007, 04:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

**** them **** and their Tampon mobiles! I'll gladly sport my "mullet" while spinning and going sideways in my "redneck mobile" right on past them.

Just remember:
1. Dont be an asshat, turn that ******* TC OFF!
2. Dont try to "roll into it". Stomp on that ******* go-pedal and modulate for traction
3. Own his sorry ***
4. Have fun
Old 11-14-2007, 05:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Vai
Well okay guys, thanks for the input. I have 3.23 gears. I've also noticed how much of a pain in the *** tc is. I'm going to practice launching alot with it off. I'm going to take a buddy along to film it as well... can't wait!

And here is a stereotypical 350z bashing ws6 thread, from a site ironcially called 350Ztech.

http://www.350z-tech.com/forums/inde...howtopic=28892

It's great for a good laugh.
holy ****... I actually feel bad for a lot of those guys...

Sig worthy quotes:
" Am I missing something?
GTO's are just a crappy re-do of a grand prix with rwd, and a corvette engine stuffed in right?
Kind of like what would havppen if a c6 and a grand prix had a child.
Isn't it designed by Ausie's as well.
Who ever heard of a car coming from Australia?"

"was on my back from the sunday morning car show, when I ran into a C6.

He stayed 2-3 cars back, and he'd hit it. When I saw him coming up fast in my sideview mirror, I'd nail it, but was never able to catch up. He just kept pulling further away from me. He did this a couple times.

Then I ran into a Camaro SS, with a loud exhaust. I get the jump, but he pulls past me 1-2 cars, and shut down.

Moral of the story: I need F/I "

"this has been the third time that i have been beaten by some punk with a camero with a ls1 they were all slightly modified and one was even a automatic. i have a 03 touring z with jwt pop charger, megan y-pipe, fujitsubo legalis r exhaust, nismo clutch, act flywheel, and a motordyne 5/16 plenum spacer and i still cant seem to beat them. i know im not the best driver but thats not the problem
what other mods can i do to beat them without going fi
?"
Old 11-14-2007, 05:47 PM
11 Second Club

My girlfriends co worker owns a brand new 350 z and he was talking about his car and how muched he loved it. After dinner one night I let him see my ls1 and he said that he would never run me because he knew I would eat him for lunch.
Some of them know there place on the food chain and usually give way to the Apex Predator.

What ya want to do is line up on him and right before ya launch look over at him and give him the biggest **** eating grin you got,then smoke his ***
Old 11-14-2007, 05:50 PM
Launching!

Talk about a bunch of fucktards....

Roast that ***** and like said before film it, please!
Old 11-14-2007, 07:12 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by whyte95ZRida
Roast that ***** and like said before film it, please!
I'll second that, you REALLY need a video to post here and on the 350Z boards...
Old 11-14-2007, 07:31 PM
Launching!

where did you get that avatar Vai? thats awesome looking... I want one in blue
Old 11-14-2007, 07:59 PM
Staging Lane

race him humilate him get it on video then proceed to post it in "350ztech" which by the way the admins should sue for infringement
Old 11-14-2007, 08:33 PM
Vai
Teching In

Originally Posted by Twigs
where did you get that avatar Vai? thats awesome looking... I want one in blue
I googled "firebird logo" or something to that extent, and it was on some guy's personal website. You could easily photoshop a blue version.

And to everybody else, I really can't wait for this race. I need to practice my launching though. I heard of something called vacuum launching. Here's a description I found on WRX forum:

1. (left foot on brake, right on gas) At a complete stop, put the car into N.
2. Start revving until you feel the brake pedal depress. (usually a quick rev to 5k RPM does the trick)
3. WAIT until the revs drop all the way back down, and put the car back into D.
4. With your left foot still firmly planted on the brake pedal, start revving the engine. You should see RPM's climb to around 2400 rpm and stall. After 2-3 seconds it'll start rising and you should hit around 3200 RPM.
5. Once at this RPM take your foot off the brake, and hold on for dear life!

Would this be possible with a stock ls1? Also, wouldn't this hurt your transmission if done alot? Would you advise doing this?

Thanks alot guys.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hes obviously an ignorant kid if he really believes he can beat you..get it over with and post the video so we can see how many lengths u beat him by
Old 11-14-2007, 08:48 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Vai
I googled "firebird logo" or something to that extent, and it was on some guy's personal website. You could easily photoshop a blue version.

And to everybody else, I really can't wait for this race. I need to practice my launching though. I heard of something called vacuum launching. Here's a description I found on WRX forum:

1. (left foot on brake, right on gas) At a complete stop, put the car into N.
2. Start revving until you feel the brake pedal depress. (usually a quick rev to 5k RPM does the trick)
3. WAIT until the revs drop all the way back down, and put the car back into D.
4. With your left foot still firmly planted on the brake pedal, start revving the engine. You should see RPM's climb to around 2400 rpm and stall. After 2-3 seconds it'll start rising and you should hit around 3200 RPM.
5. Once at this RPM take your foot off the brake, and hold on for dear life!

Would this be possible with a stock ls1? Also, wouldn't this hurt your transmission if done alot? Would you advise doing this?

Thanks alot guys.
There is no need to do any of that. Simply follow these directions and you will win:

1: Stop
2: Go
3: Win

Easy as pie.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

I wish i video had the time when all i had was a Loudmouth and messed with one a good while ago. All I know is he had an exhaust and intake and must have raced him 7-8 times in a row at a light and from a roll. Smoked him bad every single time and boy o boy was he pissed off every time. I would like to see a video of this. Hell, have the video in your car. You definitely won't loose because you have another person in the car, then even mention that to em if their *** still hurts
Old 11-14-2007, 09:02 PM
Staging Lane

Remember me, been there, done that? I wasn't kidding -- an older gentleman and I were lined up waiting for a light to turn red, me in the right, him in the left -- my lane merged with his about 1/8 of a mile past the light (BTW, I'm a 43 yo mom). I looked at him and smiled, he smiled back and revved. My car looks like a WS6 but it's not, it's just a 2000 T/A M6 with the WS6 hood and ram air. Anyway, I passed him and made the merge before I hit second gear, by third I was well on my way. We hit the next red light together and talked a bit -- he had a 5-speed and said he was "extremely" surprised that my old car left him behind. He was even more surprised when I told him I still had three gears to go before I ran out of speed...(we also noted that while you may get older the rev of an engine beside you still brings out the need to be faster than the other guy -- or girl). It was a fun ride to work that day.

My point is -- I did this with a pretty much bone stock 2000, I don't think you'll have any problem at all. Just practice your launches so you don't stall out and make a fool of yourself, and turn off the TCS. Let us know how it works out.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:05 PM
TECH Regular

If I remember correctly he said its an A4 soooo yeaa... Stomp and go... thats about all there is to it.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:15 PM
TECH Regular

i just wasted a lot of time reading that bullshit on the 350z forum.. i have known many people completely ignorant to cars in my life.. but this takes the cake.. how can people be so stupid?? that is some really immature bullshit on there.. and a lot of statements with no facts lol.. i am glad i dont have to deal with that here.

anyway. i mashed the same black 350z time and time again in my town. when i finally got rid of the lt1, and got my ss... i raced him.. and wrecked him terribly... you got it.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:00 AM
12 Second Club

People who drive 350z's are bitches..Kick his *** but watch out for the ricer flyby after the race. If he has a video camera you know its coming.

Quick Reply: So I just got my 02 WS6 (advice needed)