New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HOLY SH!T I have a Freak!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2003 | 05:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Re: HOLY **** I have a Freak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know dude but I have an a4 and I always chirp the tires through second and I have 3.73's but its like Unit says that's normal for every LS1!!!...because mine still did it with my old 3.23..and I have traction control...Probably your traction control is going out dude.....but that's not good if it spins with it on!!...that's bad....and it's like everybody says you need to dyno or else your claims are unbelievable!!!sorry man!!
Old 07-26-2003 | 05:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm another A-4 with 3.73's and like JPZ28 I often chirp in second. I actually adjusted shift firmness back to stock so that it doesn't do it as much in nomal driving. Your car sounds like it was purchased used, if that is indeed the case you may not have a totally stock car. Could that be possible? And like someone else said, you need to look into the traction control. You should not be spinning with it turned on. Mine will push the pedal back at me and make all kinds of noise because it's applying the brakes and fighting against the wheels breaking free. In other words it's very noticable when it's on and I go to WOT.
Old 07-26-2003 | 07:19 PM
BADA BING BADA BOOM!!!!!!

Guys Let him beleive what he wants... he's only 16 years old! With the hot weather and rain we have here in FL I can make my wife's bone stock 99 V6 CAMARO spin all the way through first gear!

My car probably dyno's 325 RWHP with the mods I have right now. If I lined up against him I would put atleast 2 full cars on him!
Old 07-26-2003 | 08:53 PM
Administrator

Richie Carbone brought up a good point. This guy is 16 years old. His frame of reference for fast cars probably isn't too vast.

...and did I read that you're shifting your A4 manually?
Old 07-26-2003 | 08:57 PM
Administrator

Also, I have 10inch wide tires on all 4 corners. They are quite sticky, seeing that they are Goodyear Eagle F1's...
For the record, F1's are horrible tires when you're talking traction. Also, wider tires generally don't provide too much more traction. Taller tires create a larger surface area for traction.

You either need to get to the track or put it on a dyno. Estimating power by SOTP feel and by tire spin doesn't cut it. BTW, tire spin is a BAD thing.

Having 10" wide wheels up front probably doesn't help a whole lot since it's a rwd vehicle.
Old 07-26-2003 | 09:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well my 2002 SS BONE STOCK wouldnt peel out or chirp for ****.

Maybe he does have a freak. Geesh, there are many freaks wondering out there. I know if I had a practically stock Camaro Burning the tires in 1st and 2nd, I would think I had a freak too.

There are many 12 second LS1's out there with just an airlid you know.

But I agree, if u dont wanna put in on a dyno, take it to the track and see whats up. I know your a Newbie to the track, so post your slips of the 2nd or 3rd time out when you know what your doing and know the car at the track.
Old 07-26-2003 | 10:01 PM
11 Second Club

Thank you all, but Richie Carbone's claims are a little outlandish don't you think. I have beaten an M6 2002 SS no wheel spin while I did a little, he had headers, borla, and a lid. Actually, I didn't beat him, I killed him, more then 2 cars, more like 2 1/2. But I may be a kid, but in my quest to find my F-body, I have driven 3. None, I repeat none drove like this. This cars original owner was a high performance vehicle builder, and had 2 500hp+ vettes to his claim. So it is possible that the car has internal work done. My freinds dad thinks it has pored heads, but we can't look unless I want to void my 3 year warranty. So do NOT bash me, I have experience with high performance vehicles, and I help build them. I don't think that any of your out there have a mostly stock A4, and can floor the car, and the wheels spin all the way to redline before the tranny shifts to 2nd. Mine does, with traction control. The peddel does push back at me, but does nothng in the ways of stoping the wheels spin. These are not the stock F1's look at my site. I trying to make it to the track soon, and plan to post the times, I do not know when that will be seeing that my parents don't want the car at the track. Don't say you can beat my car, because unless your car is faster then an M6 you can't beat me. Don't make a claim that you can't back up, I am not sayin I'll beat you, but you did, so I told you the facts.
Old 07-26-2003 | 10:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It doesnt matter if you look to see if you have ported heads because if you do your warrenty is no good anyhow.And your traction control is either fd up or your full of
Old 07-26-2003 | 10:18 PM
11 Second Club

This is no BS. And the dealership I bought it from was real real dumb. They don't check your internal engine before they sell the car. I don't know who does either, so accordig to them, my car is stock, with un ported heads. They even thought the Flowmaster was stock. What dumb asses!!!!! I promise this is no BS, my friend Crguy7 can back me up, ask him if CamaroSS spins his wheels. He has been in the car many many many o' time, and knows. I can cruise down the street at 30-35 and punch it an spin like no ones buisness.
Old 07-26-2003 | 10:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Old 07-26-2003 | 10:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well this definitely makes my top ten list of most useless threads!
Old 07-26-2003 | 10:57 PM
12 Second Club

Wow, this guy really set himself up for a thrashing!!! That's a nice car for a 16 year old to have... he must have a good job.
Old 07-26-2003 | 11:16 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks guys!!!!!!
You are the best!!!!
**** all of you, I was tying to anounce that I had a freak so that the others that own one could tell me if it was true. All I got was a bunch of *** holes that say oh, hes 16 don't listen, well go **** yourselfs! This started out with a purpose and now you are right it is useless. If you have no experience with Freaks then don't respond, this was to find support for my claims, but all of you are like, take it to the track, get it dynoed. Well I can't, and if you think it is BS than screw you all, there is the posibility that it has ported heads, so it may not be a freak. Either way, the car is faster then a stock car sould be, and you losers can come to grips with that. The Pdyno is extreamly accurate, and has been tested against track times to reveal almost identical result, with a 1/100 second difference. SO SHUT UP! None of you know what your talking about unless you have one.
Old 07-26-2003 | 11:23 PM
7 Second Club

Dont believe the factory freak nonsense.I would bet money that if every ls1 powered vehicle in the same yr and configuration could be dynoed at the same time on the same dyno they would be within 2-3% of each other.Heads and cams are identical from car to car.With modern,precise manufacturing and computer control these cars are very close.I contribute the so-called freaks to perfect weather and elevation,or dyno pimping.Tell mom&dad that the track is alot safer than agressive street driving.If you crash you have the ambulance right their to drag you out.If your car is really a freak I want to see some 12 sec time slips.You cant B.S on this site to many racers here.
Old 07-27-2003 | 12:30 AM
12 Second Club

BTW, 13.56 at 107 is not a freak for your car, it is quite normal. I meant no disrespect to you or your car and I'm sorry if you took it that way. I just think by the way that you worded your original post and the title that you set yourself up to be questioned and doubted. Next time you may want to think more before you post this stuff.
Old 07-27-2003 | 12:36 AM

Junior you need to relax, I'm not bashing you. I wish I could have had an LS1 powered F-body when I was 16. I didn't get my first car until I was 18. I'm just saying that you shouldn't go around throwing out claims of 3XX RWHP if you haven't had the car on a dyno.

BTW I'm 32 and I've been driving manual cars since I was 15 which means I was shifting gears before you were even a sperm cell!

Just go and enjoy your car and keep it in one peice then start modding it when your parents let you have free reign of the car.

And if you ever want to line em' up just let me know.
Old 07-27-2003 | 12:38 AM
12 Second Club

This kid is funny
Old 07-27-2003 | 12:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

dude you're a dumbass...you have a bad attitude and I don't see you lasting long on this site by cussing people out everytime they give you an opinion that goes against yours...

my 98 ls1 in its stock days ran 13.3's with avg driving and it is not a freak...the times you claim to run are nothing special and compared to 01-02 ls1's stock for stock is nothing special.

You do not know if it is a freak by SOTP feel. You need to dyno it and run some 1/4 mile times. I understand if your strapped for cash but comon. Don't sayyou cant afford 10-15 bucks to run it at the track or 35-75 bucks for a dyno session?

take my commentary as you will,
Rick
Old 07-27-2003 | 12:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Well.. I'm guessing this is a joke... cause he sounds too stupid... and pulling the "oh i'm 16 so u think i'm stupid" card .... but just in case he's legit...

lol... if you wanna know if your car's a freak.. get a 1/4 mile time on it... or at least a dyno number

and dude.... you got **** before you said you were 16... sounds like bragging to me... no one asked how old you were...

I beat a viper one time when my car was stock so my car must be a freak... get a number... ESPECIALLY if you're going to cope an attitude...

-----------
Mike
"Freak car number #19284374329, yup... I beat a car w/a turbo and I beat a modded SS (he had exhaust!!!!)"
Old 07-27-2003 | 12:55 AM

Hey Horist, did I ever tell you about the time I beat a car with quad Dilithium Crystals and Flux Capacitor Cold Fusion!!!

Quick Reply: HOLY SH!T I have a Freak!!!