Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

asr switch...

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 03:59 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default asr switch...

since the wires are there for the asr even though i dont have the switch, if i put a switch in will it still work? or no?
Old 04-18-2008, 05:55 PM
Banned

I'm not sure what the window sticker price was for ASR but I guarantee if you ordered your car new and wanted ASR they did more than install a switch.
Old 04-18-2008, 06:54 PM
12 Second Club

thats what i thought too but then why would the harness be there for it behind the dash bezel around the cd player
Old 04-18-2008, 09:17 PM
Banned

It may be more convienient to wire them into all harnesses. Maybe if you find more wire harness ends you could get some used parts and make it all work.
Old 04-18-2008, 10:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 9000th01ss
It may be more convienient to wire them into all harnesses.
Just like what GM did with the CD changer wire.

Not sure, however, if the ASR needs some additional programming in the computer...?
Old 04-18-2008, 10:23 PM
TECH Addict

No would not work. The switch would not have anything to control, unless you have the actual ASR unit under the hood on the passenger fenderwell. How many throttle cables do you have.
Two = non-ASR
Three= ASR

The wiring harnesses are all universal and have inputs for all options. My Z had the wires for the ASR but was not optioned for one so there was no ASR unit under the hood. It also had the wiring for the rear CD changer but did not have the actual disk changer.
Old 04-19-2008, 12:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

bottom right - asr unit is that black plastic thing just to the left of the battery with the cables coming out of it.

Old 04-19-2008, 09:31 AM
12 Second Club

gotcha...i dont have all of that...im just gonna get the switch to fill in the fake one on the dash bezel....any one have one they dont need?
Old 04-19-2008, 05:14 PM
Teching In

I'm not sure what the window sticker price was for ASR but I guarantee if you ordered your car new and wanted ASR they did more than install a switch.
Old 04-19-2008, 07:39 PM
((((((Administrator))))))

Besides what these guys have mentioned why you can't just slap the switch in, you also don't have 4-channel ABS. Your non-ASC/TCS car has a 3-channel, one ABS sensor for each front wheel, and one on top of the rearend pumpkin. The 4-channel cars don't have the ABS sensor on top of the rearend pumpkin but one on each end of the axles behind the brake caliper. This subject has been asked many times before, a simple search and you could've found your answer.

Now about your blank switch, how about hardwire installing a radar detector with a remote display? Here is an 8500 X50 with remote display I wired up for a buddy:

Peace,
Craig.
Old 04-20-2008, 02:06 AM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nick if you want a switch then I have one I took out of my TA. Shoot me a PM and let me know
Old 04-20-2008, 02:21 PM

Got the "blank stare" look on my '99 SS. Has never bothered me, but now you've got me thinking, haha.
Old 04-20-2008, 05:34 PM
Banned

jesus what the hells the matter with you?? why would u want a dummy ASR switch in your car?? IMO that retarded so everytime u get into your car u can see a useless switch that will never do anything?! just leave the little GM plastic insert in place and stop messing with to much, i swear some of these guys have way to much time on thier hands..................and further more what kind of putts hardwires in a radar detector and then cuts out a hole in the dash to put thier gay little remote display (as if looking at your windsheild is hard enough) on an anniversary Z?? i swear some of the people who do these things to other peoples cars are as dumb as the people letting them do these things to thier car

NICK if u have a clean LS1 Z than dont start kidding it up with nonsense like useless traction control............i mean for that sake i got an old performance button from my old LT1 formula A4 car u can have to go with an array of useless switches.................not to mention if u go to sell it ever in your life good luck explaining to the potential buyer that its just a dummy switch as opposed to a malfunctioning TCS
Old 04-20-2008, 07:48 PM

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by MR.HOPKINS03Z06
jesus what the hells the matter with you?? why would u want a dummy ASR switch in your car?? IMO that retarded so everytime u get into your car u can see a useless switch that will never do anything?! just leave the little GM plastic insert in place and stop messing with to much, i swear some of these guys have way to much time on thier hands..................and further more what kind of putts hardwires in a radar detector and then cuts out a hole in the dash to put thier gay little remote display (as if looking at your windsheild is hard enough) on an anniversary Z?? i swear some of the people who do these things to other peoples cars are as dumb as the people letting them do these things to thier car

NICK if u have a clean LS1 Z than dont start kidding it up with nonsense like useless traction control............i mean for that sake i got an old performance button from my old LT1 formula A4 car u can have to go with an array of useless switches.................not to mention if u go to sell it ever in your life good luck explaining to the potential buyer that its just a dummy switch as opposed to a malfunctioning TCS
Its not a special edition anniv 35th SS, so you have no point. Plus his 8500 X50 is up top by the headliner, not striaght in front of his view at all.

He wanted it there and all he destroyed was a blank switch so take your crap attitude and worthless posts elsewhere.

Thanks,
Craig.
Old 04-21-2008, 06:19 PM
Banned

certainly.................looks like a 35 anniversary badge correct? if u look at my last post did i say ANYTHING about an ss? no i said y would someone want a hot wired radar in thier anniversary ls1 Z? its just typical kid ****.....like is the cig lighter to hard to operate? lol let me guess............it houses the push button start? haha well good thing u came thru in a pinch for your boy craig! tell ya what if i ever need a hot wired radar detector and a remote monitor incase i cant see 18 inches infront of my face u will be the first to know!!!
Old 04-21-2008, 07:13 PM

No, it's typical kid **** that you are pulling calling HARD (not hot) wiring a remote display "gay." Grow up, you need to learn some internet etiquette.

35 anniversary badge was not messed with nor was anything damaged, the blank switch was pulled out and a remote display inserted so YOU are the one that needs to since you have no clue what you're talking about.

Peace,
Craig.
Old 04-21-2008, 07:57 PM
Banned

You're both are acting like a bunch of retards, yea I said both acting like a bunch.
That switch looks like **** IMO.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

My car has ASR and it totally sucks! I turn it off all the time.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:12 PM

You're both are acting like a bunch of retards, yea I said both acting like a bunch.
That switch looks like **** IMO.
For that newb member (just like yourself) to come in here and talk trash is not welcome here. And for me to put him in his place is not your problem.

Switch looks like **** to you? Thats your opinion, but at least you didn't thrash on any members saying "putts, gay, kid ****...etc" to describe it. Since this thread has gone to "kid ****" its done!

Thanks,
Craig.