New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls1 or ls6 or bbk or?? whats the best for my application??

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 10:55 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default ls1 or ls6 or bbk or?? whats the best for my application??

I am currently running a ls1 intake on my car. would it be worth the time and money in buying a ls6 intake? how much of a difference will their be? My car has stock heads, and a stock intake- its procharged twin intercooled D1SC. Would i be expecting that much more hp by just changing intakes? Also will a ls6 intake bolt right up and i have no problems on the install? I have a ported tb, would i have to change the tb? And also with a ls6 intake- will the car need a re-tune?? Im interested in taking off my intake- and painting/etc.. so i was wanting to know what i would gain here?? thanks for any help..
Old 04-21-2008, 11:06 AM
12 Second Club

i wouold wait a few months first....the new weiand street dominator for the LS engines is comming out soon and that should drop the price of any other intake you are looking for
Old 04-21-2008, 12:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would have to agree, wait a little bit. But hell yes you will see more power no doubt. The LS1 manifold is pretty crappy compared to the LS6 atleast. I think in a performance stand point a LS6 is atleast neccessary to put on. It will bolt right up just like the FAST or Weiland, but the only think you'll have to change is the coolant lines under the intake. They are relatively cheap and the install on a intake is easy also. You'll most likely be in need of a tune after an intake swap especially if it's procharged. I would figure it would set your Air/Fuel off.
Old 04-21-2008, 12:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

as long as you have good exhaust i wouldnt be suprised if you picked up 30+hp with a s/c...stock they are usually good for about 10-15hp