Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's wrong with the car?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 11:27 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mines doing the same exact thing.

Take 1 spark plug out on the drivers and passengers side and compare them. Mine were perfect on the passengers side and very black on drivers side. If 1 of the plugs is black take all the plugs on that side of the motor out. If they are black. Unplug that side's 02 sensor, then take it for a drive and see if it does it. Mine is running pretty damn well in open loop running 1 02 sensor. Then you'll know your problem.

put the plugs back in of course

Last edited by fortmyerspolice; 06-25-2008 at 11:38 AM.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Shackleford
We changed the plugs and wires a couple months ago. Why it start just now and be fine after a few seconds of acting up? The same goes for the dirty MAF. I put in a lid several months ago. If the MAF needed cleaning then, I would have done it. I'm leaning toward the oxygen sensors, unfortunately.

how did you judge how dirty the MAF was? because its kinda hard to tell. only takes alittle shmegma. do you have any way at looking at the front o2 sensors to check their activity?
Old 06-25-2008, 10:29 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Omec
how did you judge how dirty the MAF was? because its kinda hard to tell. only takes alittle shmegma. do you have any way at looking at the front o2 sensors to check their activity?
Actually, I just remembered that I did clean the MAF sensor when I put the LID in. If autozone can't check it, then I don't know how I can check their activity.