Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

remove tail lights

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 07:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
I support being different, but as long as it is a good kind of different. Different does not always equal good, and this is a prime example of such a time.
how bad are these... the are kind of a really dark chrome (like gun metal)... again wasnt my idea, and wouldnt have paid for them but i havent had any bad comments on them. i was actually going to put the originals back in today (guy gave them to me in a box when i bought the car) but it started raining bad...

edit and b4 anyone says anything... yes i HATE the chrome z/28 exhaust pipes

edit: removed pic forgot to edit out license

Last edited by 406malibu; 07-06-2008 at 09:38 PM.
Old 07-06-2008, 08:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what would be wrong with chrome tips?
Old 07-06-2008, 09:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

nothing, i just dont like the rectangle ones am i the only one lol
Old 07-06-2008, 09:10 PM
Staging Lane

Listen do you know what the best tail lights are? The stock ones, if you wanna be different, use blackouts. I'm telling you. You got a muscle car, not a rice burner. But whatever... Depending on the color of your car, you might be able to pull it off. By the way, what kind of shifter are you putting on? Do you got an SS, Z28, RS?
Old 07-06-2008, 09:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 406malibu
how bad are these... the are kind of a really dark chrome (like gun metal)... again wasnt my idea, and wouldnt have paid for them but i havent had any bad comments on them. i was actually going to put the originals back in today (guy gave them to me in a box when i bought the car) but it started raining bad...

edit and b4 anyone says anything... yes i HATE the chrome z/28 exhaust pipes
They just don't fit or flow with the car at all. If you have the originals, I say put those back on.
Old 07-06-2008, 09:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

how bad are these... the are kind of a really dark chrome (like gun metal)... again wasnt my idea, and wouldnt have paid for them but i havent had any bad comments on them...
Well, here's a bad comment on them. They ******* SUCK! Hopefully you don't plan on leaving them riced out. I would have changed them in the rain, even a meteor shower, before any pics were taken, so there was no record that I EVER owned a car with ricer taillights.

I don't think I've ever seen something that looked so
Old 07-06-2008, 09:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by camaroracer91
First question that comes to mind is "Why, ******?"

Please just sell your car to someone who cares and buy some ricer ****-box you can do that to.
Old 07-06-2008, 09:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by nddragon01
Well, here's a bad comment on them. They ******* SUCK! Hopefully you don't plan on leaving them riced out. I would have changed them in the rain, even a meteor shower, before any pics were taken, so there was no record that I EVER owned a car with ricer taillights.

I don't think I've ever seen something that looked so
thanks for bein so mature as i said, i didnt buy them or put them on the car, nor would i have paid for them. just wanted to know if i was correct in thinking i should change them, good thing i negotiated getting the originals when i purchased it
Old 07-06-2008, 09:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Please just sell your car to someone who cares and buy some ricer ****-box you can do that to.
who made you god?
Old 07-06-2008, 09:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

LMAO. I smell a in the near future. We all agree those ricer lights suck and the OP is an idiot for thinking of buying them, end of story.
Old 07-06-2008, 09:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

lol yes the tails really suck,and yes i probably would have changed them in the rain...but its all good,they just really do not fit a fbody in no way shape or form.....
Old 07-06-2008, 09:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by johnLs1camaro
lol yes the tails really suck,and yes i probably would have changed them in the rain...but its all good,they just really do not fit a fbody in no way shape or form.....
thanks for a civilized answer will be changing them out first thing tomorrow thank god i dont have to pay for a set of originals (tho 93-96 tails would be quite nice... i love the simplicity of those)

i might take these and use them as a vht night shades project.
Old 07-06-2008, 09:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

lol...the only other tails i like is the overseas camaros the ones that were made in germany or somewhere around there...they are kinda sweet not real different from ours but look pretty good..
Old 07-06-2008, 09:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

if i was to vht the "rice" ones, how would that look, would the euro show through? if not thats the way i might go when i get chance. also how well does the light tend to shine through the nite shades in the camaro tails (ive seen the posts with the trans am that had it done, but would ours be as visible?) i want it to look good, but dont want a ticket.
Old 07-06-2008, 10:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

if i was to vht the "rice" ones, how would that look...
Well, if you put a *** out in the sun and he gets a tan, it's just a darker skinned ***.
Old 07-06-2008, 10:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well, if you put a *** out in the sun and he gets a tan, it's just a darker skinned ***.
seriously if they are completely dark you'd never know your post is absolutely worthless, give reason instead of just bashing. if all you are going to do is make comments like that you are of no use to a tech site.
Old 07-06-2008, 10:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

if you went with the all black covers you wouldnt even notice them,so that would work,but i would just throw the stockers on because you wouldnt have to worry about wasting 50 bucks on some covers..I think the stockers look good enough how they are imo...
Old 07-06-2008, 10:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

406malibu, You ask an opinionated question, get an answer, then get all pissy when you get a response you don't like? Grow the **** up.

Okay, here's your technical response then since you want something technical about spraying your lenses with vht. Technically speaking, they would still look faggoty if you spray them darker. Happy?
Old 07-06-2008, 10:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

You ask an opinionated question, get an answer, then get all pissy when you get a response you don't like? Grow the **** up.
i asked an opinionated question, your right. but i was expecting a mature anwer (those look terrible, they dont flow, go back stock, etc.) wasnt expecting someone to come on here and start with the immature comments, with no backing. no need for calling calling people "****" because you dont like their lights. guess maturity is too much to expect from a 29 year old... yea i should grow up
Old 07-06-2008, 10:37 PM
Launching!

guys chilll the **** out my stock ones are cracking and there not going to be on your car, i didnt ask for you approval i asked how to do it, if i asked you which ones to get i wouldve oh and btw i think they look much better because my car is all black

Quick Reply: remove tail lights