Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hey guys!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 03:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey guys!

Hey guys I am new to this forum, despite being ristered since 06. I registered before because I wanted to share my input with someone considering a 944/ls1 swap.

Anyway I am soon going to be 944-less and therefore trouble free .

I'm traditionally a Ford man, as my cars would suggest, but I have a great respect for the LSx (who couldn't?). I've been extremely impressed with not only the power output of stock and mod'd LSs but also the in the manner that they do so without guzzling gas... And let's not even get into how they are so much more compact and light weight than the Modulator (or any cammer for that matter).

I've been very interested in how the LS7 can crank 550HP and still get nearly 30MPG hwy! Granted the Z06 is a pretty aerodynamic shape (and relatively lightweight), but how does GM make such a beast so tame at the pump? I ask because it has been a dream of mine to have a LSx powered 944 or Z3 for years... I'd be perfectly happy with a reliable tune of 350HP so long as it get's decent millage on 87. I would imagine that a nicely tuned LS in a lightweight frame such as the aformentioned cars would likely get millage near 30 perhaps?
Old 07-28-2008, 10:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

i'd assume it'd get very decent mileage. i just wanted to comment that a ls1 powered 944 would be sick.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

An LS1 in a not-so-light F-body frame can get damn near 30mpg, so you should definitely be able to pull it off. Would be an awesome swap! On a side note, I don't know what you will get on 87 as the LSx motors are designed for high octane, maybe try an E85 conversion while you're at it?