Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP!!! SLP Flo Pac

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 03:03 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!! SLP Flo Pac

So when I bought the 99, it seemed that the only mod on it was a 80mm bbk throttle body. Picked up the Slp flo pac from jegs. Seemed like a good deal. Can't use the smooth bellows at all. (friggin pissed on this one) won't mate up with the stock maf, and the bbk's got some kind of spacer on it to mate with the ls1 intake, and there isn't enough clearance to mate it to the maf. But I was out there, late for work, pissed off. And decided to make the "ram air" part of it installed, with my tin snips, punch, and box cutter. And it's all on. Box mod, lid, filter, etc... Chopped, screwed and what not short, it's on. Now I'm wondering,....... if I drive through a car wash with the under carriage wash, Am I going to split my block? Anyone have same intake and do the undercarrage wash? Was it expinsive noise?
Old 09-05-2008, 03:07 AM
Teching In

if i remember correctly, the flowpac doesnt hang that low, so you shouldnt be pulling water into your Induction...

and cant you turn off your car in the car wash? ive never went to one i couldnt.?
Old 09-05-2008, 03:24 AM
Teching In

I do live in the people's republic of california, where undercarage wash as you drive through is the norm.
Old 09-05-2008, 06:51 AM
Staging Lane

I have the same cold air kit on my car, and I have never had any problems. I have driven through some nasty rainstorms in it. It seems to me like it would take an act of god for water to get all the way up in there, especially with the metal intake scoop so close behind that large piece of plastic. I would not worry too much about it.
If anything, the first time you go through one of these "undercarriage car wash's" pull off and turn the car off. Then quick take out the air filter and see if it is damp at all. That would help you see whether or not any water is getting up in there. I hope this helped you.

Daniel
Old 09-06-2008, 09:38 AM
Teching In

I do it all the time. Never had a problem.
Old 09-07-2008, 11:44 PM
Teching In

awesome! Thanks for the answers.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:52 PM
TECH Addict

It really does not go that low. I never sucked in water yet from heavy rain. I like the flow pack, it really seems like it would do something for you power. With the ram air like function.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

A Little Water Wouldnt Hurt Anyways...actually Might Do Some Good Cleans The Carb Off Backside Of Valves And Intake Runners...back In The 50's Chevy Actually Had Water Injection On Their V8's...

Quick Reply: HELP!!! SLP Flo Pac