New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Charcoal Canister Location

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 06:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Charcoal Canister Location

Ok im a long time lurker but first time poster with a stock 2000 Trans Am. My SES light is on with the code P1441. Ive done the research in these forums and learned that it has to do with my EVAP system. I made sure the purge valves are clean already and now moving onto the charcoal canister. Ive read that it was in the rear driver side tire well. When i went to look for it, and thought i was looking in the right spot (a plastic piece that comes off above the rear tire) i didnt find it so i guess i was wrong. Can anyone tell me the exact location of the charcoal canister and where the rear tire well is and how to access it easily? Id really appreciate it.
Old 09-24-2008, 02:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im almost certain its right next to the fuel tank, I remember a thread a while back that had a pic of it... ill try to dig it up
Old 09-24-2008, 03:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That would be great. thanks. Im being told the code is more than likely due to the purge solanoid valve even though i checked to see if its clean but maybe im missing something.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:08 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

charcoal canister is above the tank on the side nearest the axle. that is the EXACT location. i know this because i removed mine for weight redution. i cut the access door and undid all line from canister and pulled it out

Quick Reply: Charcoal Canister Location