New Orleans Put the greasy talk here...PiMp

"NEW ORLEANS greasy talk part 2" da remix

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 10:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by str8hood
First I want to send my condolences to the Brown family, RIP Soul! Though I didn't know you personally I did get the opportunity to hear you and your fellow racers "talk ****" Halloween night. Second, street racing is dangerous but it's a SPORT and most SPORTS are dangerous. I have seen my fellow bikers fall, some walk away unscathed, some with injuries, and unfortunately some die BUT it has not stopped any TRUE biker to stop riding. So to ALL the streetracing "haters" a TRUE streetracer will continue to drive and race anticipating the adrenaline rush it gives them to pass that flag man and cross that line be it as a winner or loser, all in all doing what they LOVE, ON THE STREET!! NOW they will do it in the memory of a fallen racer, SOUL! Lastly, this is really not the time or place to continuously point fingers or assume what happened that night, laying Soul to rest so that he can do so peacefully is what is important. How about sharing your fondest, funniest memories of Soul on here, keep his memory alive in the hearts and minds of those who KNEW and LOVED him and allow those who didn't know him a little insight into as the words of HotRod " a well known and respected for his skills MAN, a true street racer".

Dats WZUP STR8HOOD
Old 11-10-2009, 07:02 AM

The services for Soul are going to be on Friday in Hammond, no time and location have been gave yet....
Old 11-10-2009, 04:07 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Racer_X
Does the driver of the vette really think he is going to get away with this? and deleting his posts..hmmmm.....Vehicular homocide while committing a crime(drag racing)....
What makes you think anyone is trying to get away with anything? And what does deleting posts have to do with anything?

I'm not sure why so many are quick to turn on someone or judge someone....? It's not like anyone was drinking and driving.....and nothing was intentional.

This could have happened to any one of us.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:18 PM
On The Tree

Default Services

There will be a viewing Service on Friday I don't know if it will be at the same church. I was told the final Service will be held on Saturday in Tickfaw. I will post the final directions as soon as I have them. Tickfaw is 7 miles past I-12 off HWY 55 maybe 45 minutes from Laplace. I am still waiting to hear if it will be o.k. to bring our cars to give a farewell salute to our Fellow racer.R.I.P. Soul
Old 11-10-2009, 05:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

It was a mistake we have to learn from That's all ,I don't it was intentionally.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:50 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by WHATSHOT=ROD
There will be a viewing Service on Friday I don't know if it will be at the same church. I was told the final Service will be held on Saturday in Tickfaw. I will post the final directions as soon as I have them. Tickfaw is 7 miles past I-12 off HWY 55 maybe 45 minutes from Laplace. I am still waiting to hear if it will be o.k. to bring our cars to give a farewell salute to our Fellow racer.R.I.P. Soul
ill roll wit ya out there
Old 11-10-2009, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by lfsglass
What makes you think anyone is trying to get away with anything? And what does deleting posts have to do with anything?

I'm not sure why so many are quick to turn on someone or judge someone....? It's not like anyone was drinking and driving.....and nothing was intentional.

This could have happened to any one of us.

Never said it was intentional!! It is truely a terrible situation for all partys... a very good man lost his life to someones neglegents, so how do you justify getting off scott free....? It is no different than drunk driving being or being an innocent bystander and being killed by a stray bullet ect ect...why did he spooky07 find it so important that just 4hrs after the accident he was on here deleting the majority of his posts? did he feel he has something cover up? Sorry if i upset you...Soul was a good freind of mine(RIP)..........
Old 11-10-2009, 09:34 PM
On The Tree

Never said it was intentional!! It is truely a terrible situation for all partys... a very good man lost his life to someones neglegents, so how do you justify getting off scott free....? It is no different than drunk driving being or being an innocent bystander and being killed by a stray bullet ect ect...why did he spooky07 find it so important that just 4hrs after the accident he was on here deleting the majority of his posts? did he feel he has something cover up? Sorry if i upset you...Soul was a good freind of mine(RIP)..........
Not sure what you consider "scott free".......living with this in the back of his mind for the rest of his life?

I feel for Mr. Browns family and friends and my prayers go out to all of you. I lost a brother about 10 yrs ago as a result of an unexpected and uncontrollable circumstance.....and I really wanted to point the finger at someone.

If a heavy equipment operator made a mistake or used poor judgment and that "poor judgment" result in someone death......I don't think the operator should have his life ruined as a result (although he will likely loose many night sleep for years to come).

This situation is different b/c as you said: "Vehicular homicide while committing a crime". Well the fact is we all have been guilty of that crime and this same situation could have happened to any one of us.

As far as the deleted posts......what can I say....he likely panicked (maybe another case of poor judgment, but who knows what one would do in this circumstance.

It is my understanding he didn't go out there with any intentions of "committing a crime".......he was "called out" and went home to get tires......then he was "called out" a second time and the event (that we all wish we could reverse) took place.

I'm just looking at it from both perspectives and as I've stated before:
My condolences go out to the Brown family, friends, wife and kids. I did not know "SOUL" personally but you should all be thankful for the time you have had the opportunity to spend with what appears to have been an admirable and exceptional individual....and Racer X....I am also truly sorry for your loss of a good friend.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:34 PM
Teching In

Maybe it would be considered Negligent Homicide vs Vehicular. Not a lawyer so..... If he hasn't been picked up by now I doubt it will happen. Like said before in a few months it will be back on again. Also LFS he gets to live.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by DaJoker
Maybe it would be considered Negligent Homicide vs Vehicular. Not a lawyer so..... If he hasn't been picked up by now I doubt it will happen. Like said before in a few months it will be back on again. "Also LFS he gets to live".

It is saddening to know that yes this will pass and those that choose to street race will be right back at it.....The tracks are so close to the N.O area, I wish more people would make better choices...I know I did when I came so close to loosing my life in a street racing accident years ago.....and yes all parties will have to live with their decisions the owner of the camaro and the vette made that night.....It is just sad to see people put such a low value on their own lifes and the lifes of those watching and participating...You can not put a dollar amount on a life or for the rush of adrenaline you get from street racing!!!!!!!!!!! Guys take it to the track...think of the people you will affect, your family, children, wifes, freinds and possibly someone elses familys?????
Old 11-11-2009, 09:05 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Race In Peace "Soul"
Old 11-11-2009, 12:48 PM

Does the driver of the vette really think he is going to get away with this? and deleting his posts..hmmmm.....Vehicular homocide while committing a crime(drag racing)....
Every one really needs to think hard about street racing...There is no safe way to race on the streets.....And yes I did it for many years.....but stopped years ago... NPR, Gulfport, SCR, Hattisburg...come on really its not that hard to go to the track...especially considering how fast some of the cars are these days!!!! and the amount of people that are watching....
No he's not going to get away with it. My conscience has got the best of me, and I'm calling Crimestoppers with what happened and who was driving and what I saw. Good luck to you-
Old 11-11-2009, 12:52 PM
Teching In

thank god some one is steping forward
Old 11-11-2009, 01:05 PM

We will seeing, knowing how the NOPD rolls down here I wouldnt be suprized if they just wrote it off as careless street racers..........I would hope not!
Old 11-11-2009, 01:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Location: From the Bowels of Hell!!! You want some of me bitch?!?!?!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lfsglass
If a heavy equipment operator made a mistake or used poor judgment and that "poor judgment" result in someone death......I don't think the operator should have his life ruined as a result (although he will likely loose many night sleep for years to come).

It is my understanding he didn't go out there with any intentions of "committing a crime".
So a drunk, that gets in his car without the intention of killing someone, should not have HIS life ruined if he killed someone??????
WTF?
Old 11-11-2009, 01:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Some of u people are too much.....so ready to throw someone under the bus, I cant wait to meet some of u ********. While your calling crimestoppers, call the dick stoppers as well. The fact that u were there spectating makes u just as guilty as the drivers (who by the way, KNEW the risks). If charges are filed, I will see to it that u are charged as well. People wanna stand on the sidelines and then talk about coming clean when it goes bad? I can see u will never be anyone because u won't take risk or responsibility, and u need both to succeed. We will have a moment of silence and prayer at the track friday, and I personally pray for the Brown family. But if people think this needs to go further (as in charges filed) maybe they should look in the mirror and call your lawyer....I will see to it u need one.

JUNK
Old 11-11-2009, 01:33 PM

#1 I wasnt there...I know him personally thats all. I dont participate in street racing....
#2 So you feel that because they knew the risks they were taking it is okay to screw up and take a life?
#3 Its just like the drunk driving his freinds home. he wrecks and kills them, ya they knew the risk taking that ride but they didnt deserve to die, thats when the state steps in......
#4 No ones death caused by another party should go unpunished
#5 It would seems that you are just trying to justify the fact that you condone street racing...thats your choice 100%... Dont be upset when you or someone else ends up in jail for the choices they make...
#6 Soul knew the risks but he didnt deserve to die at the hands of an idiot who was worried about loosing a race...so he stayed in it lost control ect ect, what people need to remember is there is always tomarrow or the next time. This is where judgement comes into play! He had poor judgement and didnt want to loose a race for what I ask...He will evenetually answer to that, be it GOD or the LAW...
Old 11-11-2009, 02:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

1st off, I don't street race, EVER. I don't condone it, but it's going to happen. The guy in the z06 was out there on street tires, with no real intention to race that night. But, because of by-stander ****-talking and bucking-up.....choicies were made. I was not there for the race, I run at the track. I was at a truck stop watching people talk someone into getting race tires to do the deed......not to mention the red car almost lost it on a race just an hour or so earlier that night because it would not hook and went way left into oncoming lanes. That should have been enough, but no, the crowd wanted more. People need to look in the mirror.....and don't throw stones when most of u will be back at a street race in a week. Go to the track more and street race never, That's my stand.
Old 11-11-2009, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by JUNK
1st off, I don't street race, EVER. I don't condone it, but it's going to happen. The guy in the z06 was out there on street tires, with no real intention to race that night. But, because of by-stander ****-talking and bucking-up.....choicies were made. I was not there for the race, I run at the track. I was at a truck stop watching people talk someone into getting race tires to do the deed......not to mention the red car almost lost it on a race just an hour or so earlier that night because it would not hook and went way left into oncoming lanes. That should have been enough, but no, the crowd wanted more. People need to look in the mirror.....and don't throw stones when most of u will be back at a street race in a week. Go to the track more and street race never, That's my stand.
I agree with you 100%....Its a grimm reminder of how things happen out there in the heat of the moment...I prey for all of those that were unfortunately involved with this tradgic situation....I am sure no one anticiapted this outcome nor would they want that! But when you cause someone to lose their life they must be held responsible regaurdless...
We have complete access to 4 tracks within a reasonalbe distance from N.O....there is no excuse for this to go on and to lose another life like this, as i said before ALL of you need to think of the inoccent FAMILY MEMEMBERS WIFES CHILDRENS PARENTS FREINDS BYSTANDERS ect ect....that will be affected by your death or you causing a death.....Just think about how you would feel or maybe your parents wives kids??????? On the street it can all go wrong so qucikly..but at the track you have help and NO ONE will leave you there alone for the cops to find you! and they will require you to have ALL safety gear!
Old 11-11-2009, 07:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hey !To all out there I just wanna add the cars ran on the street are way! to fast unlike when we use to go out there,see it was just headers and geared cars now its 11' an 10 second car that is a little to fast . It will never work on the street Just my opinion .
Not to mean any harm because were all in the same game.

Quick Reply: "NEW ORLEANS greasy talk part 2" da remix