New Orleans Put the greasy talk here...PiMp

shreveport/bossier hang out!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 01:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Everything I have researched always says its all in the tunning of the car!
Old 09-25-2011, 02:45 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Goat's ss
Everything I have researched always says its all in the tunning of the car!
For the most part, I'd agree. I wouldn't try to throw 1,000rw at an Eagle or Scat bottom end though, great tune or not.
Old 09-25-2011, 03:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Anyone want to meet up today? I'm going to wash and gas up the truck.
Old 09-25-2011, 09:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 02blackbeauty19
Do any of you Minden guys know if PTS Racing Engines builds late model LSx stuff? If so, do they have a website or email or anything?
I tryed to get him to build my motor, went by there and spoke with him, talked to him 5 times on the phone then he stopped answering my calls, i know hes a hell of a builder but you better have deep pockets and ALOT of patience..... i just went up to texarkana and got Chuck @ Best Motors to do all my machine work, Chuck and John went to school together and im more than pleased with Chucks work, very nice guy, very easy to talk to, more than welcome to answer any question or research it for ya, and what means the most to me is he will communicate with ya!!
Old 09-25-2011, 10:00 PM
11 Second Club

True but John is to when he's not swamped building everybody and their mommas dirt track motor. I went up there and he helped me with some of my stuff.
Old 09-25-2011, 10:15 PM
10 Second Club

When I have my next toy, it will be sporting a Proline motor. No ifs ands or buts about it, they will handle well over 1000 hp. Just google Tim Lynch (an old friend of mine from Atlanta) and you'll see what I'm talking about. Ron and Mike at Vengeance Racing and Chris at Hunter's Performance Solutions are all Proline dealers. If you're every ready for a Proline build, just give them a call and tell them Todd aka Blue Thunder told you to call.
Old 09-25-2011, 10:27 PM
Launching!

I have heard good things about proline, I think for the most cost effective engine I would give aes a look, they have very nice and competitively priced short blocks.
Old 09-26-2011, 06:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

What happened to gear heads building there own motors? One builder is not better than another as far as putting one together. Now machine work is a different story. If you do a little research there is nothing the other guys can do that you can't. Mic and match the clearance then torque down your parts. I've built every one of my motors and never had a problem. It just takes time, a few tool, and a little research. Keep in mind, these big builders yall speak of don't have special wrist that turn wrenches better than the rest of us.
Old 09-26-2011, 06:59 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BadAssBowties
What happened to gear heads building there own motors? One builder is not better than another as far as putting one together. Now machine work is a different story. If you do a little research there is nothing the other guys can do that you can't. Mic and match the clearance then torque down your parts. I've built every one of my motors and never had a problem. It just takes time, a few tool, and a little research. Keep in mind, these big builders yall speak of don't have special wrist that turn wrenches better than the rest of us.
Nuff said

All I need is someone to do my machining. I'll do the rest like I've done on every motor I've built and I've never had one scatter or tear up so I musta did it right.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:41 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BadAssBowties
the builders we speak of also build 6-7 sec engines capable of running right at and around the 200 mph mark. Not a cam only 6.0l. I have built a couple myself but it doesnt make me feel like a mans man to assemble my own engine. A monkey can assemble an engine. If I am having someone do the machine work on my block/parts I am certainly going to let them put it together to their specs.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:44 AM
TECH Resident

I agree, but it's not about the lack or ability nor tools. It's about the need for this motor to be flawless at 1,000+rwhp, be reliable, and not use a lick of oil. I'd rather pay a badass shop a small fee to make sure everything above is going to work like it should. Not only that, we really don't have anyone around here I trust for machine work, so if it's going to be shipped out or driven hours out of town, it might as well stay. Ift his was going to be a 500hp motor in some other kind of vehicle, I wouldn't mind building it at all.
Old 09-26-2011, 12:21 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ren987
the builders we speak of also build 6-7 sec engines capable of running right at and around the 200 mph mark. Not a cam only 6.0l. I have built a couple myself but it doesnt make me feel like a mans man to assemble my own engine. A monkey can assemble an engine. If I am having someone do the machine work on my block/parts I am certainly going to let them put it together to their specs.
Originally Posted by 02blackbeauty19
I agree, but it's not about the lack or ability nor tools. It's about the need for this motor to be flawless at 1,000+rwhp, be reliable, and not use a lick of oil. I'd rather pay a badass shop a small fee to make sure everything above is going to work like it should. Not only that, we really don't have anyone around here I trust for machine work, so if it's going to be shipped out or driven hours out of town, it might as well stay. Ift his was going to be a 500hp motor in some other kind of vehicle, I wouldn't mind building it at all.
Nuff said LOL!
Old 09-26-2011, 12:29 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by BlueThunder2
When I have my next toy, it will be sporting a Proline motor. No ifs ands or buts about it, they will handle well over 1000 hp. Just google Tim Lynch (an old friend of mine from Atlanta) and you'll see what I'm talking about. Ron and Mike at Vengeance Racing and Chris at Hunter's Performance Solutions are all Proline dealers. If you're every ready for a Proline build, just give them a call and tell them Todd aka Blue Thunder told you to call.
Sorry Todd, We are not a Proline Dealer. Only Vengeance is a dealer for Proline Engines. You have to go thru Vengeance to get a LSX Motor from Proline!.

Chris
Old 09-26-2011, 01:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

still learning this camera

Old 09-26-2011, 01:30 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by chris@hps
Sorry Todd, We are not a Proline Dealer. Only Vengeance is a dealer for Proline Engines. You have to go thru Vengeance to get a LSX Motor from Proline!.

Chris
Thanks for the correction Chris. Hope you had a good weekend. The new programmer for the F350 is Awesome! It's fun smokin' up the tires on such a big *** truck! LOL! (oh and that's in fuel save mode...can't wait to see how she does with one of the performance tunes in it).
Old 09-26-2011, 01:31 PM
10 Second Club

Good pics Daniel. Should of went to the Nationals with us at Ennis, TX this last weekend. Great show they put on!
Old 09-26-2011, 04:54 PM
11 Second Club

The way I look at it is those same guys yall speak of did just like what we do now and were no name nobodies. Word of mouth, special certifications, reputation, etc got them to where they are today. In the end it's all the same. I just prefer to build my own so I dont have anyone to blame. I hear of engines coming from all over that were built by so and so and pressure drops or a bearing shifts then what? Nobody wants to warranty **** or it's such a hassle that you may wonder why not do it yourself. To each his own though. I'm patient enough to send off a block or order a block, rotating assembly, and whatever to keep it "in house" so to speak. It doesn't make me any better than anyone else. It's just a sense of pride for me and we all share the same passion or we wouldn't be on here. I love to hear that first start and to know I did that. When it comes time to test it's either gonna hold or it won't. That goes for anybody and any builder. You can't guarantee a man made part to not have a possible flaw from time to time. Just a gamble you take on any build. But if it's done right, then no matter who you are it's gonna perform as long as the parts don't fail. Now I know I cant shoot motors out left and right like the big guys do, but I can do my homework just like they had to at some point and build a killer and still be a nobody. Just my .02

Now if I were to order a motor ready to go then without a doubt it would be from Vengeance Racing. Ron has been helpful to me in the past on questions and his knowledge and outstanding customer service is enough for me to keep coming back for whatever.
Old 09-26-2011, 05:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

I had all my machine work done then i assembled it myself just because i wanted to know how to do it and for my own confidence in the engine..... I can actually say i had a part in building it, id say the big benifit of having a well known person build the whole thing is the knowledge and how many times they have done it in the past does matter..... As long as i have confidence in it i will continue to do more and more of the build but somethings i would just rather leave to the pro's.... Oh and daniel you need to make those pictures a little bigger
Old 09-26-2011, 05:14 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by blue98Z
The way I look at it is those same guys yall speak of did just like what we do now and were no name nobodies. Word of mouth, special certifications, reputation, etc got them to where they are today. In the end it's all the same. I just prefer to build my own so I dont have anyone to blame. I hear of engines coming from all over that were built by so and so and pressure drops or a bearing shifts then what? Nobody wants to warranty **** or it's such a hassle that you may wonder why not do it yourself. To each his own though. I'm patient enough to send off a block or order a block, rotating assembly, and whatever to keep it "in house" so to speak. It doesn't make me any better than anyone else. It's just a sense of pride for me and we all share the same passion or we wouldn't be on here. I love to hear that first start and to know I did that. When it comes time to test it's either gonna hold or it won't. That goes for anybody and any builder. You can't guarantee a man made part to not have a possible flaw from time to time. Just a gamble you take on any build. But if it's done right, then no matter who you are it's gonna perform as long as the parts don't fail. Now I know I cant shoot motors out left and right like the big guys do, but I can do my homework just like they had to at some point and build a killer and still be a nobody. Just my .02

Now if I were to order a motor ready to go then without a doubt it would be from Vengeance Racing. Ron has been helpful to me in the past on questions and his knowledge and outstanding customer service is enough for me to keep coming back for whatever.
Again, for me, the motor in question is not a 400-500HP motor. If that were the case, I'd slap together a motor.
Old 09-26-2011, 05:51 PM
11 Second Club

Well I'm not gonna keep beating this dead horse. Apparently the average Joe can only build 400-500hp motors around here. We're all incompetent monkey's with below average skill

Quick Reply: shreveport/bossier hang out!