New Orleans Put the greasy talk here...PiMp

shreveport/bossier hang out!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 11:39 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't need to see Broz truck, that thing is a beast! Now I need to get me a new motor and 343rwhp is a great excuse
Old 01-25-2009, 12:32 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Still a gets me excited

Old 01-25-2009, 03:31 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by StreetSilverado
Still a gets me excited

Dammit broz,that makes me want to slap the nitrous on mine and make some pulls. I'll be looking to make the next dyno meet to see if i can crack 500 NA.

Congrats on the numbers now the hard part begins on getting that monster to hook at the track. Brad said he still has the bags of concrete if you need them when we head to the track .
Old 01-25-2009, 03:37 PM
10 Second Club

Sounds like everyone put down some stout numbers with some of the setups that i see in the signatures.

Chris,remember about 8 years ago i put down 311rwhp/340rwtq then headed over to RRR imediately after the dyno and busted off a 11.96@113 with bolt ons I had the weakest HP numbers of the day but laid down a killer ET for the mods.
Old 01-25-2009, 05:36 PM
12 Second Club

Chris you know your car does much better on the track, then a dyno can say. I looked at your rear tires when you were on the dyno and they looked very low on air and with high stall you are running I think you are giving away alot of lost there. The black pick up just made my day, what a beautiful sounding & running truck.
Old 01-25-2009, 05:43 PM
9 Second Club

I had to do some touch ups on the video

Old 01-25-2009, 07:43 PM
On The Tree

Holy shnikies! What did Broz put down on motor? How big of a shot was it? And why the f-body elbow? With a truck engine bay he could have put a MUCH better flowing elbow in there! Sick numbers none the less.

And Blaine, are your heads stock or ported? Pretty damn good numbers you put down as well! And the car is so freakin quiet you wouldnt know what its got!

Maybe nextime Ill be able to bring the turd out and really show you guys what a low dyno number looks like!!
Old 01-25-2009, 07:49 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ElkyRacer
Holy shnikies! What did Broz put down on motor? How big of a shot was it? And why the f-body elbow? With a truck engine bay he could have put a MUCH better flowing elbow in there! Sick numbers none the less.

And Blaine, are your heads stock or ported? Pretty damn good numbers you put down as well! And the car is so freakin quiet you wouldnt know what its got!

Maybe nextime Ill be able to bring the turd out and really show you guys what a low dyno number looks like!!
Were working on fabing up a better elbow for his setup as we speak
Old 01-25-2009, 08:30 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by StreetStalkerZ
Sounds like everyone put down some stout numbers with some of the setups that i see in the signatures.

Chris,remember about 8 years ago i put down 311rwhp/340rwtq then headed over to RRR imediately after the dyno and busted off a 11.96@113 with bolt ons I had the weakest HP numbers of the day but laid down a killer ET for the mods.
Damn, 8 years ago! It's been that long? I was telling everyone about that. Dan was killing you about the low numbers then you went and laid down the 11.96. We knew back then to run 11.96 it took way more than 311rw and I know it takes a lot more than my numbers to run 11.4x's. I'll be axing the Hoosier QTP's for a set of MT DR's now that I have an auto. I'll for sure be ready when the track opens up.

Lol, I'm ok with the crappy numbers as long as it keeps running mid-low 11's. Things never change though, dynos can be very misleading both ways! I know tons of people who put down big numbers but their cars won't run at the track and I know others who put up low numbers but run et's their dyno numbers do not support.
Old 01-25-2009, 08:46 PM
11 Second Club

I can't wait until the 21st. That reminds me, I still need to call and RSVP so I can race. I hate to run some shake down passes on a new setup then enter a race cause I know I'm gonna be very inconsistent. Still will be fun though. I'm very curious as to what it will run. I figure at the very least a 11.99 would be possible on the second pass. I'll get faster as I get used to it so I'll have to guess on my dial in times and hope I get close.
Old 01-25-2009, 09:02 PM
9 Second Club

Nah my heads are bone stock 243's with comp 918 springs. I'm hoping to get them CNC'd soon after I get my job going..and it needs a better tune so I called up Greg . Still haven't got the damn converter in, just the cooler is holding me back . So I'll have it in next weekend. I love how quiet the thing is

And Broz....man lets just say it was a big shot, low bottle pressure, and needing a little more tweaking . He put down 480 on the motor with it running a little rich, it should put down closer to 500 on the motor after some tuning.
Old 01-25-2009, 09:36 PM
On The Tree

Why doesnt he just go with a 4bbl carb'd style TB? That would be the best setup no?

Ive got to get my EFI Live setup and going so I can get the car driving better. Its throwing a missfire code, and throwing the trans out of OD and lockup. Only thing is I have been messing with it here on the home PC, and theres soooooooo much crap to go through, hell even getting it setup with the drivers and crap is proving work against me. Its making my head hurt.
Old 01-25-2009, 09:52 PM
9 Second Club

I have no idea about any kind of tuning, I'd like to learn some of it one day...Yeah he was talking about going with that set-up yesterday. I'm trying to get rid of my Vega so I can get a nice F-body set-up for the strip. I found one I can get, I just need to get my car sold..

I got a motor sold to a guy here locally, well he said he was going to buy it anyway..that will get me the money to do some more stuff to the camaro
Old 01-25-2009, 09:58 PM
10 Second Club

Had a great time yesterday Stephen has a nice shop just wish he was a little closer. A 4 bbl carb tb would be nice but like scott said we are looking into something a little different with Broz's setup the real trick is going to be sticking it to the track I guess we have to use a few 10.5 outlaw tricks.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:13 PM
10 Second Club

Why doesnt he just go with a 4bbl carb'd style TB? That would be the best setup no?

Ive got to get my EFI Live setup and going so I can get the car driving better. Its throwing a missfire code, and throwing the trans out of OD and lockup. Only thing is I have been messing with it here on the home PC, and theres soooooooo much crap to go through, hell even getting it setup with the drivers and crap is proving work against me. Its making my head hurt.
A 4 barrel setup is the best TB to run on a single plane but with his throttle body setup being a drive by wire it's a little more crap to do than what he wants to do for now. Were going to try a different elbow setup that will be a custom peice that will have zero restrictions.

Here is something to think about: a 90mm TB setup will flow 1000-1100 cfm of air where a 4150 style TB will flow 1250 cfm of air. Not enough gain in air if your elbow is already flowing what the motor can handle. Now a 4500 style TB will flow 2000 cfm of air but your looking at a $800+ TB not counting having to change the air induction to fit this style of setup.

I almost did it to mine but i would have to lose the passenger windshield wiper and sell my hood for a sunoco outlaw to cover the TB from the weather. Just too much money for that RIGHT NOW
Old 01-25-2009, 10:21 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by StreetStalkerZ
A 4 barrel setup is the best TB to run on a single plane but with his throttle body setup being a drive by wire it's a little more crap to do than what he wants to do for now. Were going to try a different elbow setup that will be a custom peice that will have zero restrictions.

Here is something to think about: a 90mm TB setup will flow 1000-1100 cfm of air where a 4150 style TB will flow 1250 cfm of air. Not enough gain in air if your elbow is already flowing what the motor can handle. Now a 4500 style TB will flow 2000 cfm of air but your looking at a $800+ TB not counting having to change the air induction to fit this style of setup.

I almost did it to mine but i would have to lose the passenger windshield wiper and sell my hood for a sunoco outlaw to cover the TB from the weather. Just too much money for that RIGHT NOW
Ok I see what your saying, I completely forgot about his TB being a DBW...
Old 01-25-2009, 10:30 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by StreetSilverado
Ok I see what your saying, I completely forgot about his TB being a DBW...
Yup, same here. I see said the blind man......
Old 01-25-2009, 10:33 PM
9 Second Club

Elky you heard anything new about "thunderroad"? I'm ready to hit the track, especially since the law is getting the way it is..
Old 01-25-2009, 11:00 PM
On The Tree

Same old first of march is what Im hearing. I may hit up the ETMC Track day in Lufkin before that. Too bad we cant find somewhere over on the other side of town to run, at least they just give out tickets instead of revoking licenses!
Old 01-25-2009, 11:37 PM
9 Second Club

Yeah I'd love to go to that track day deal...I'd have to come up with the money and time and not have any idea of what my car would run or if it would even hook with just the DR's on it. I may just have to wait it out until March

Quick Reply: shreveport/bossier hang out!