Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Big shot help

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 11:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's a lot of spread, but Robin mentioned he's experienced similar requirements.

I would get that fuel psi back up. I'd be scared to run anything less than 5 1/2.

What does your a/f look like on motor?

Sounds like you need both a bigger spread and/or possibly more bottle pressure. Although I say that, I personally liked trying to keep my tune up pressure around 1050 just because it was so much faster to get there between rounds.

My last tune up was a 2 jet spread with 6 1/4 psi of fuel and 1050 on the bottle. At 6 psi I would see one aluminum ball on the base of the plug when looking at with a 30x mag. That was perfect power but I'd add a 1/4 lbs to be safe since I ate two motors and was too full to eat anymore

Bottom line is if your motor tune is good and won't be changed you have to add more nitrous. You should get that fuel psi back up as it's too close to the slightest hickup causing dinner time (and on the menu is your motor).
Old 11-02-2008, 12:00 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by next
That's a lot of spread, but Robin mentioned he's experienced similar requirements.

I would get that fuel psi back up. I'd be scared to run anything less than 5 1/2.

What does your a/f look like on motor?

Sounds like you need both a bigger spread and/or possibly more bottle pressure. Although I say that, I personally liked trying to keep my tune up pressure around 1050 just because it was so much faster to get there between rounds.

My last tune up was a 2 jet spread with 6 1/4 psi of fuel and 1050 on the bottle. At 6 psi I would see one aluminum ball on the base of the plug when looking at with a 30x mag. That was perfect power but I'd add a 1/4 lbs to be safe since I ate two motors and was too full to eat anymore

Bottom line is if your motor tune is good and won't be changed you have to add more nitrous. You should get that fuel psi back up as it's too close to the slightest hickup causing dinner time (and on the menu is your motor).
AFR on motor is 12.5-12.8 thats where it seems to run the best, I dont plan on running less than 5 psi of fuel but a jet change just cant happen at the track witch is why i keep lowering the fuel pressure.
My old 383 setup i ran a 34f 36n at 5.5 psi and it ran for a long time but did ended up lifting the ring lands on 4 pistons and this is what i am tring not to do with this motor lol I just hope to get this thing right soon hell at this rate i'll have to freshen it up by the time i get it right lol
Old 11-02-2008, 11:17 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ChevPower
AFR on motor is 12.5-12.8 thats where it seems to run the best, I dont plan on running less than 5 psi of fuel but a jet change just cant happen at the track witch is why i keep lowering the fuel pressure.
My old 383 setup i ran a 34f 36n at 5.5 psi and it ran for a long time but did ended up lifting the ring lands on 4 pistons and this is what i am tring not to do with this motor lol I just hope to get this thing right soon hell at this rate i'll have to freshen it up by the time i get it right lol
Damn, sounds like we're in the same boat with having to lean our cars out, with it squared up and goin down to 4.5 psi fuel wideband pegged rich at 9.0 and plugs confirmed it, I just put a 6 jet spread on it (93n 87f) and bumped pressure back up to 5.75 to start with and gonna try it out saturday when moroso opens up, I also picked up a 85f and 83f in case I have to keep goin down, we'll see what happens.
Old 11-02-2008, 08:21 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have to run at least a 6-8 jet spread. With 32n I run a 26f jet and its still pretty fat.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:09 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To get from 10.0 your going to need at least 4 in the jet. id put 36 in the N and start at 6 psi fuel and make a short hit like 400 ' and see what they look like.