Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NXL... WOT or TPS?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 06:04 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default NXL... WOT or TPS?

Did some searching, but didn't come up with much. Does the NX NXL direct port kit include a standard WOT switch or a TPS activated switch? Also, does the kit include the accumulator?

Last edited by BackinBlack02SS; 11-10-2008 at 09:51 PM.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:01 PM
10 Second Club

kit comes with a WOT switch. the accumulator does not come with it. i used to have it with their NX direct port intake

Old 11-12-2008, 11:01 PM
TECH Resident

Did you have any problems with lean spikes? Also, how did you set up your purge?
Old 11-13-2008, 11:14 AM
10 Second Club

no problems with a lean spike at all. i had a dual purge set up. had the system set for a 250 shot and got 225 rwhp. overall had 663 rwhp

here's a video of the purge
http://centralfloridastreetcars.com/videos/003.MOV

Old 11-13-2008, 08:35 PM
TECH Resident

Where is the drivers side nitrous line going to before the red y fitting?
Old 11-14-2008, 07:31 PM
10 Second Club

i had two main lines with two bottles in the trunk. kit only comes with one.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i just traded my nxl kit with the accumulator to n20addict.he might not want it.i think money is better off spent towards a healthy fuel setup than an accumulator
Old 11-14-2008, 08:48 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by cbra-klla
i just traded my nxl kit with the accumulator to n20addict.he might not want it.i think money is better off spent towards a healthy fuel setup than an accumulator
I'm leaning toward the NOS Noszle kit right now. The NXL just seems to have too many issues. It looks great, but I've seen more of them for sale than actually being used. I also spoke with an NX tech, who confirmed the lean spike problem. If it is known, why would they continue to sell the kit as is? The NOS Noszle kit may not look quite as trick, but it still looks pretty damn nice, without all the associated problems. It looks like it can handle a bigger shots as well as being much easier to set up a purge. I have no idea why it's not more popular than it is.
Old 11-15-2008, 12:52 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am not really a fan of any under the injector nozzle. I would suggest putting a real directport on the intake if you are spraying enough to need one.

THe NOS sytle nozzle can block injector flow if you are not careful. The NX and I am sure the NOS under the injecor nozzle pulls a 3lb vacumme on the injector which can create a tunning nightmare with larger injectors..

The NX NXL kit is really cool looking and works well on smaller shots and will work well if you have enough fuel system on larger shots with a motor that can take it. The problem is that the motor and directport are feed off the same rails. IN some cases this creates a huge lean spike and the accumulater is only a band aid fix.

You could invest in something like dual intank pumps and it should help.

If you are set on under the injector nozzles NX offers a universal NXK that is just like a real directport but comes with the NXL nozzles..

For the huge difference in cost between the regular nozzles and NXK nozzles you could pay to have a real directport plumbed on your intake.

If I can help in any way let me know. I will help you do it right the first time and save money.
Dave