Nano Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 03:36 PM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

We can order solenoids that will operate under those pressures
Old 12-15-2008, 06:09 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea, i know you can, but then we are back to the price issue again, and of course the why factor, lol. Why spend $100+ when $2 will work just fine
Old 12-15-2008, 06:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

If you're in phoenix... I just called up one of my sponsors... Mesa paintball fills with nitrogen if you ask specifically.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:14 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Beer99C5
I am refering to bleeding the air off a partially used Nitrous Bottle that NANO has been used on to refill the Nitrous Bottle.

On the Nitrous Fill, the nitrous pump does not overcome the stored pressure of 1000 psi that is left after using NANO in the Nitrous Bottle, so you have to bleed off the air pressure that the NANO leaves in the Nitrous Bottle (if you want to refill a partially used Nitrous bottle). You can of course just leave it alone and use the NANO to empty out the rest of the nitrous bottle...

I do not fill the NANO, the paintball shop does. They can only do 3000psi though, and I have the 5000 psi bottle I have not yet sprayed with only 3000 psi in the bottle yet.

The real question is if we are using Air in the NANO, shouldn't it really be called AANO???
Air is made up of 78% nitrogen. Either or works just fine as well.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:17 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Chhh Chhh
how are u fbody guys mounting them to ur 10# bottles? in the spare tire weel...
with the supplied hardware
Old 12-15-2008, 10:53 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by AxisOfOil
If you're in phoenix... I just called up one of my sponsors... Mesa paintball fills with nitrogen if you ask specifically.
that's actually kinda far from us and.....

Originally Posted by Brad@NANO Direct
Air is made up of 78% nitrogen. Either or works just fine as well.
that's exactally what i was thinking but waiting to here, thanks very stoked, do you have any thoughts on our idea of putting a t-fitting and bleed valve or simple ball valve off that, and if the pressure starts to climb (as it always does here in PHX) slowly cracking the valve and letting the pressure back down to 1000psi, since it is in the top of the n2o bottle we wont be losing n2o at $5 a freakin lb, and since the pressure is above the nano output we shouldn't be losing pressure from the nano or screw up the pressure ratios as long as we monitor the bottle press and close the bleed valve as soon as the n2o is back in the 1050 range, right?
Old 12-15-2008, 11:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

regular air has water in it too.
i personally don't want water in any of my compressed fittings, especially with something that can easily be used as an oxidizer? i know that outside of stuff, any iron-based material (i.e. steel) with water and oxidizer = super fast rusting. just made sense to me that straight nitrogen would be better.

To each his own. I would just personally feel better about straight nitrogen from mesa... and I may or may not get a "special" discount on it. lol.

and really, is it that far? maybe it's because i'm used to driving a bit further for things (lived in KC for most of my driving time), but mesa is what? maybe 30 mins from phx? i really don't know. after the hour and some odd minutes of me getting to phx, mesa isn't that much further to me... distances get screwed up after spending time on 17. lol
Old 12-16-2008, 12:36 AM
12 Second Club

HPA should have been run through a dryer to remove the moisture from the air, i agree 3000+ psi in a steel tank over time throw in moisture and it can be bad, hence the reason that if you ever bring back a SCUBA tank to a dive shop empty they will usually take it to get hydro tested, and yea depending on time of day Mesa can be more than an hour away from where we are, how long you been up in the PRC, i lived up there for a few years
Old 12-16-2008, 11:23 AM
FormerVendor

All of the compressors used have 3 filteration systems to keep moisture out. One of the filters even purifies it. Its the same air that scuba divers need to breath. If you are worried about moisture nitrogen would be the way to go.
Old 12-16-2008, 11:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by evilbeef54
HPA should have been run through a dryer to remove the moisture from the air, i agree 3000+ psi in a steel tank over time throw in moisture and it can be bad, hence the reason that if you ever bring back a SCUBA tank to a dive shop empty they will usually take it to get hydro tested, and yea depending on time of day Mesa can be more than an hour away from where we are, how long you been up in the PRC, i lived up there for a few years
3 semesters. lol. I'm at Embry-Riddle for school.

Originally Posted by Brad@NANO Direct
All of the compressors used have 3 filteration systems to keep moisture out. One of the filters even purifies it. Its the same air that scuba divers need to breath. If you are worried about moisture nitrogen would be the way to go.
I wasn't sure if they used the same compressors for paintball shops that they did for SCUBA. Don't those filtration units also remove some small amount of Nitrogen also? I seem to recall that they did to help out even a little bit with stopping the bends. hmm... I really need to get recertified to dive... it's been a few years. lol.

But I'm glad to hear that you can use regular HPA without a problem. I don't even have to drive to mesa to get my special discount on that.. provided my team is still around here... u never know with those guys.