Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nano Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 09:03 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nano Question

If u have ur bottle stuffed in the spare tires area and have a remote btle opener would u stilll have to get back there with the nano and undo it.

In simple terms do they make a remote opener for the nano?
Old 12-14-2008, 10:12 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Chhh Chhh
If u have ur bottle stuffed in the spare tires area and have a remote btle opener would u stilll have to get back there with the nano and undo it.

In simple terms do they make a remote opener for the nano?
No remote opener, so I leave the NANO valve open and the nitrous bottle closed until I need it.
Old 12-14-2008, 12:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BOTTLEFEDLS1Z
No remote opener, so I leave the NANO valve open and the nitrous bottle closed until I need it.
is that ok? nano costs an arm and a leg but damn
Old 12-14-2008, 02:16 PM
TECH Addict

is that ok? nano costs an arm and a leg but damn
Refill a NANO is like $6 at a paintball refill location...
I use the heater on the street (and the bottle opener).

Track I use the NANO.
Old 12-14-2008, 02:51 PM
Banned

the bttles them selfs are upward of 500$ right?
Old 12-14-2008, 03:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the bttles them selfs are upward of 500$ right?
The new cheap series 3000 for a universal, if you have a compatible bottle valve, is $399.0 about $60 off as an introductory price. Like was said, just leave the NANO bottle open, as long as you bubble spray for leaks nothing to worry about, unless your not going to use it for a longer period of time. Unlike Beer, my bottle heaters are going in the trash. Maybe Beer doesn't realize that each and every nitrous refill you need a topped off full NANO bottle anyway and air is cheap. If we don't have a full NANO bottle with full nitrous bottle things can get askew pretty fast. So no need to try and save NANO air, might as well can the heaters and save the charging system and all the hassles associated with heaters and trying to get pressure correct. I have two used complete NX bottle heater kits for anyone looking?

Oh yea, NANO is working on an auto on/off kit for the NANO systems.
Robert
Old 12-14-2008, 04:35 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Robert56
Maybe Beer doesn't realize that each and every nitrous refill you need a topped off full NANO bottle anyway and air is cheap. If we don't have a full NANO bottle with full nitrous bottle things can get askew pretty fast.
I fill my own bottles...I always topped off after using them. I do not mind putting the auto heater on when cruising around town, takes twenty minutes to get somewhere I can open it up anyway, so even with a heater a random encounter on the street the bottle is ready to go. I do not open the bottle unless I am going to spray so I am very relient on the opener (even with the cheaper nitrous cost being self filled, I am stingy with it). Probably won't hit as hard as with the NANO through-out the entire run but I can live with that for street activity and save the extra trip to the paintball shop. Now at the track, the twenty minutes of warm up with a heater sucks, and thats were I think the NANO shines giving greater consistancy in Pressure throughout the run, allowing better prediction for Bracket style racing and a nice solid hit the entire run.

The only trouble I have had w/ NANO is trying to fill a half used bottle that has 1000 psi on it. You have to purge the air pressure out to refill it (flip it upside down). I learned that the first time I tried to refill the first bottle I sprayed w/ the NANO
Old 12-14-2008, 04:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Beer how come we have to purge the air out? Yea, i understand on being ready. That's why i originally got rid of my noid bottle openers. then I had my heater/transducer set to come on anytime the key was turned on, just had to remember to turn around, or reach back and open the bottle valve, which I left open unless I knew I would be away for a while. Then I was always ready. But eventually dumped the transducers because i wanted to keep my bottle psi exactly where I wanted it at all times, so it was then manual and had to keep an eye on it. God i love the NANO, lol. How much was it to get your own mother bottle of compressed air?
Robert
Old 12-14-2008, 05:07 PM
TECH Addict

Beer how come we have to purge the air out? How much was it to get your own mother bottle of compressed air?
Robert
I am refering to bleeding the air off a partially used Nitrous Bottle that NANO has been used on to refill the Nitrous Bottle.

On the Nitrous Fill, the nitrous pump does not overcome the stored pressure of 1000 psi that is left after using NANO in the Nitrous Bottle, so you have to bleed off the air pressure that the NANO leaves in the Nitrous Bottle (if you want to refill a partially used Nitrous bottle). You can of course just leave it alone and use the NANO to empty out the rest of the nitrous bottle...

I do not fill the NANO, the paintball shop does. They can only do 3000psi though, and I have the 5000 psi bottle I have not yet sprayed with only 3000 psi in the bottle yet.

The real question is if we are using Air in the NANO, shouldn't it really be called AANO???
Old 12-14-2008, 05:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

...You can get nitrogen fills at any decent paintball shop.

For a system like this, I would recommend it as well... based on my paintball experience at least...

Nitrogen flows more consistently than compressed air, has less temperature spiking as it expands (not so much of a problem with a NANO), and is less likely to leak.

And... then again, a large number or paintball shops WILL fill to 5000psi. Find a new paintball shop and get some 5000psi nitrogen.
Old 12-14-2008, 05:31 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by AxisOfOil
...You can get nitrogen fills at any decent paintball shop.

For a system like this, I would recommend it as well... based on my paintball experience at least...

Nitrogen flows more consistently than compressed air, has less temperature spiking as it expands (not so much of a problem with a NANO), and is less likely to leak.

And... then again, a large number or paintball shops WILL fill to 5000psi. Find a new paintball shop and get some 5000psi nitrogen.

as i said in another thread, i have been a paintball airsmith for about 14 years now and have worked at shops and owned a shop for a while, unless you go look at the mother bottle they are using to fill, you should probably just assume they are filling air not nitrogen, most of the people that work in shops dont know the difference as everyone reffers to the systems as running nitro, and they are used to every kid on the street asking for nitro fills, if you KNOW you are gettin a nitrogen fill great, but depending on who that shop is getting their bottles from they might/probably are just getting air to save a little money, (making any $$ with a PB shop is VERY hard since the internet took over)
Old 12-14-2008, 06:33 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by evilbeef54
as i said in another thread, i have been a paintball airsmith for about 14 years now and have worked at shops and owned a shop for a while, unless you go look at the mother bottle they are using to fill, you should probably just assume they are filling air not nitrogen, most of the people that work in shops dont know the difference as everyone reffers to the systems as running nitro, and they are used to every kid on the street asking for nitro fills, if you KNOW you are gettin a nitrogen fill great, but depending on who that shop is getting their bottles from they might/probably are just getting air to save a little money, (making any $$ with a PB shop is VERY hard since the internet took over)
Do you refill your bottles at home? I had my NANO topped off at 75th & Cactus and I'm pretty sure it was with HPA rather than Nitrogen. Do you know of any places on our side of town that fills with Nitrogen?
Old 12-14-2008, 06:40 PM
12 Second Club

i dont know, i have been out of it for a while, im sure APD fills nitrous but they are over off the 51 and bell, i just use HPA for paintball since i run Angel A.I.R. consistencey isn't really an issue for me, lol. I do fill my own tanks for PB using a scuba fill station, i'll probably try that for the NANO when ever my system shows up, some SCUBA shops can fill nitrogen
Old 12-14-2008, 08:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Beer99C5
I am refering to bleeding the air off a partially used Nitrous Bottle that NANO has been used on to refill the Nitrous Bottle.

On the Nitrous Fill, the nitrous pump does not overcome the stored pressure of 1000 psi that is left after using NANO in the Nitrous Bottle, so you have to bleed off the air pressure that the NANO leaves in the Nitrous Bottle (if you want to refill a partially used Nitrous bottle). You can of course just leave it alone and use the NANO to empty out the rest of the nitrous bottle...

I do not fill the NANO, the paintball shop does. They can only do 3000psi though, and I have the 5000 psi bottle I have not yet sprayed with only 3000 psi in the bottle yet.

The real question is if we are using Air in the NANO, shouldn't it really be called AANO???
Oh yea, I understand, I thought you were talking purging the NANO bottle, lol. I was talking to tom and suggested a bleed port for the NANO side of the check valve, or a small purge system. this would be good for times you open your system in the morning when it's cold, then later it heats up. well it's going to cause the bottle pressure to rise, and the normal fix is to purge off some nitrous or cool the bottle down. well why not bleed off some of the inexpensive air instead? He says they will look into adding this feature. it could be a very simple little mech bleed valve, or could add a tee and plumb a purge noid into the line.

Robert
Old 12-14-2008, 08:31 PM
12 Second Club

Oh yea, I understand, I thought you were talking purging the NANO bottle, lol. I was talking to tom and suggested a bleed port for the NANO side of the check valve, or a small purge system. this would be good for times you open your system in the morning when it's cold, then later it heats up. well it's going to cause the bottle pressure to rise, and the normal fix is to purge off some nitrous or cool the bottle down. well why not bleed off some of the inexpensive air instead? He says they will look into adding this feature. it could be a very simple little mech bleed valve, or could add a tee and plumb a purge noid into the line.

Robert
i am still waiting on mine to get my hands on it and start playing around, i agree on the need for a check valve, for this reason, what size is the line going from the nano to the n20 bottle, is it 1/8npt as well, if so you should be able to pickup a simple bleed valve from ACE hardwave that will work, infact thats what i have on my homebuild push system line for just that reason
Old 12-15-2008, 05:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

i am still waiting on mine to get my hands on it and start playing around, i agree on the need for a check valve, for this reason, what size is the line going from the nano to the n20 bottle, is it 1/8npt as well, if so you should be able to pickup a simple bleed valve from ACE hardwave that will work, infact thats what i have on my homebuild push system line for just that reason
yes, the line itself has male 1/8 pipe threads.
Robert
Old 12-15-2008, 12:12 PM
12 Second Club

hmmm, okay, well this fitting to the right of the pressure gauge is about $2 at ace hardware and is 1/8 npt, if we put it behind the check valve....

thoughts?
Old 12-15-2008, 01:25 PM
Banned

how are u fbody guys mounting them to ur 10# bottles? in the spare tire weel...
Old 12-15-2008, 01:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

hmmm, okay, well this fitting to the right of the pressure gauge is about $2 at ace hardware and is 1/8 npt, if we put it behind the check valve....

thoughts?
I would use the ball valve over the radiator drain style pet-**** as it would be better for the pressures we will see. just stick a "T" into the NANO line and have the ball valve off to the side. I have some extra purge noids I am think about, but they probably will not open due to pressure, so back to mech valve.
Robert
Old 12-15-2008, 03:28 PM
12 Second Club

yea the two biggest problems i saw with the purge noid idea are, one... they really dont seem to like to open above about 1200psi, and two cost, i think the mech idea is just a cheaper easier route to go, i'll rig one up and let ya know what i think