Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Microedge users, in here!

Old 12-15-2008, 11:32 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Microedge users, in here!

I just ordered my Microedge, and wanted to see where you guys have been mounting the controller. Its going to be mounted up in my 01 WS.6 (A4) if anyone has any recommendations..

Also, for the guys that have been using it, if you wouldnt mind postin up your settings, such as what A/F rich, and lean settings your using for on/off, and rpm limits, things like that. TIA

-Dave

Last edited by NVR_SPDS; 12-15-2008 at 01:42 PM.
Old 12-15-2008, 01:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine is not exactly mounted down yet, but it's going in the glove box. I don't think there will be an exact/absolute setting map for everyone's needs. There are just to many variables and one person's setting may cause problems for someone else. Actually it's very easy, however, when you first scan over the directions it can seem overwhelming. Just go step by step. IMO, if you get to many tangents going it will become more confusing. Also, the tech is great at HSW should you hit a wall. where were you thinking about mounting yours?
Robert
Old 12-15-2008, 01:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert56
Mine is not exactly mounted down yet, but it's going in the glove box. I don't think there will be an exact/absolute setting map for everyone's needs. There are just to many variables and one person's setting may cause problems for someone else. Actually it's very easy, however, when you first scan over the directions it can seem overwhelming. Just go step by step. IMO, if you get to many tangents going it will become more confusing. Also, the tech is great at HSW should you hit a wall. where were you thinking about mounting yours?
Robert
Not really sure where i want to mount mine yet. Thought about the glovebox, or the console, and i found a pic of someone who mounted theres to the dash, below the gauge cluster too. I know i wont be adjusting all the time, but i think it would be nice, to be able to take a look at every now and then.

As for settings, i was mainly just askin everyones preference on, say Lean and Rich A/F on/offs, and RPM settings, things like that. Ill edit my first post to be a little more clear.

I came from a pullied 04 Lightning, to a N/A WS.6 M6, now im learning to setup a stalled, sprayed Auto LS1.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:06 PM
10 Second Club

I have to pick up the kids from school right now, but I'll post pics of mine in about an hour. I put mine on the center console, in front of the shifter. It fits perfectly.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:58 PM
10 Second Club

It's kind of a mess right now, but I'm working on a new switch panel that's a little more organized.

Old 12-15-2008, 10:57 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey J, you know your gauges aren't lined up straight right? lol i keed i keed
Old 12-16-2008, 01:46 AM
10 Second Club

Bastard!!!!
Old 12-16-2008, 01:56 AM
12 Second Club

just here to help
Old 12-16-2008, 02:28 AM
Teching In

Loose in the glovebox here. Wanted it somewhere hidden along with the rest of my switches.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:08 AM
On The Tree

i put mine in my center counsel of my vette
Old 12-16-2008, 09:04 AM
FormerVendor

I'll be doing soemthing similar to Jmill96z, Gonna mount two (straight) gauges and all my switches on the radio plate. Then flush mount the microedge where the heater controls are.
Old 12-16-2008, 09:13 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by jmill96Z
It's kind of a mess right now, but I'm working on a new switch panel that's a little more organized.
Let me know if I can help, I would do the work in exchange for the Radio/HVAC delete templates so I could gain some expeirence in these areas as well

Course it would have to wait till early mid Jan. I'm stuck in the Gulf of Mexico til 1 Jan.
Old 12-16-2008, 09:38 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Beer99C5
Let me know if I can help, I would do the work in exchange for the Radio/HVAC delete templates so I could gain some expeirence in these areas as well

Course it would have to wait till early mid Jan. I'm stuck in the Gulf of Mexico til 1 Jan.
Sounds good. Hit me up when you get back in town. I'll make some good templates.
Old 12-16-2008, 09:41 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mike@HSW
I'll be doing soemthing similar to Jmill96z, Gonna mount two (straight) gauges and all my switches on the radio plate. Then flush mount the microedge where the heater controls are.
I can tell, I'm never gonna live this down. The gauges are close enough for government work when fully installed. The switches on the otherhand....well, I tried to leave myself a little room for additional switches. The trade off was not looking very symetrical
Old 12-16-2008, 09:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

idk where im goin to mount mine wen i get it but im thinkin on the bar above the windsheild on the halo just make a little plate
Old 12-16-2008, 09:45 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by jmill96Z
I can tell, I'm never gonna live this down. The gauges are close enough for government work when fully installed. The switches on the otherhand....well, I tried to leave myself a little room for additional switches. The trade off was not looking very symetrical
its all good, I go to car shows fairly often so im gonna put a lot of work into mine. maybe wrap the bezel and the plates in ebony leather.
Old 12-16-2008, 11:55 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mike@HSW
I was planning on doing exactly the same myself. I'd love to see some pics when you're done, Mike.
Old 12-16-2008, 02:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by AZNastyz06
i put mine in my center counsel of my vette
I saw yours and am now thinking about moving mine. the reason I was going in the glove box is because I wanted to mount my Interface also. So both could be on a nice custom and look nice when the glove box door is open. however, there is a problem with the length of the cable on the Interface. I have talked to Mike about making an extension, but he does not recommend this due to signal degradation. I still may try a non authorized jumper and bump the gauge of the wire up one size and see if we can keep a stable signal still. I believe he may be looking into it also.

jmill96Z28, I borrowed one of your pictures, I hope you don't mind? I think it looks fine over all, just needs a little detail work is all.
Robert
Old 12-16-2008, 05:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

jmill96Z, great minds think alike I guess...I'm in the process of mounting mine in the exact same place. It's pretty neat how the Microedge looks right at home there and fits so perfectly
Here's some preliminary pics of where I'm at so far (still gotta smooth out the plastic area that I cut to make room for the wire harness)......

Old 12-16-2008, 07:07 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Robert56
jmill96Z28, I borrowed one of your pictures, I hope you don't mind? I think it looks fine over all, just needs a little detail work is all.
Robert
No problem. You know you can use whatever.

Originally Posted by kc533
jmill96Z, great minds think alike I guess...I'm in the process of mounting mine in the exact same place.
Looks really good. It's a tight fit too. I thought about using celcro to mount it, but honestly I don't even think it's needed.

Search this Thread