Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Microedge & LM-2 Wideband

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 10:29 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Microedge & LM-2 Wideband

Just wondering would it be better to hook the Microedge up to the factory 02 sensor from the pcm or to one of the Analog Outputs from my LM-2 Wideband, i think the LM-2 would be more accurate, and if i should hook it to the LM-2 should i hook up the orange microedge wire to the + or - output of the LM-2

Also as far as the white wire goes can that be hooked up to the 6al box or must it go to the PCM
Old 01-15-2009, 10:37 PM
11 Second Club

Wideband>narrow band o2
Old 01-15-2009, 10:38 PM
12 Second Club

my thoughts exactally, the question is WHICH analog output to i run the orange wire to, the + or -
Old 01-15-2009, 11:13 PM
10 Second Club

I'm not sure about the hook up of the Micro Edge but you've spent the money on the LM-2 so you may as well utilize it to the fullest. It is a lot more accurate than the factory narrow band and will give you less false readings.

You can shoot one of the guys at HSW a call and they will get you set straight right away. How's the car running? Have you used the NANO yet
Old 01-15-2009, 11:13 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Deffintly hook it to the wideband. Narrow band is not near as good.
Dave
Old 01-15-2009, 11:26 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by myfast70
I'm not sure about the hook up of the Micro Edge but you've spent the money on the LM-2 so you may as well utilize it to the fullest. It is a lot more accurate than the factory narrow band and will give you less false readings.

You can shoot one of the guys at HSW a call and they will get you set straight right away. How's the car running? Have you used the NANO yet
car is running great, i havent hooked up the nano yet, been gone a lot, trying to get everything done tonight and tomorrow and gonna run in the azsra on sat night, i want to get as much hooked up as possible now, still gotta see if i can find the damn ticking sound (probab headers) and waiting on the springs to show up so i can install my new shocks, qa1'a up front, summits in back

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
Deffintly hook it to the wideband. Narrow band is not near as good.
Dave
yea thats exactally what i was thinking, now that everyone has confirmed that, any idea if it should be the + or - output from the lm2????
Old 01-16-2009, 09:35 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by evilbeef54
yea thats exactally what i was thinking, now that everyone has confirmed that, any idea if it should be the + or - output from the lm2????
What you're going to do is use the analog output 1 since its pre-programmed. Hook the + wire up to the a/f wire on the microedge. Then take the - wire from analog output 1 and ground it at the same location that the microedge is grounded.

Hope that makes sense?

Nick
Old 01-16-2009, 12:33 PM
12 Second Club

okay thanks nick you are the best, what setting to i put the microedge in to read the signal correctly, also does it have to be the same ground, i can re-wire up the ground if it will really help
Old 01-16-2009, 12:41 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by evilbeef54
okay thanks nick you are the best, what setting to i put the microedge in to read the signal correctly, also does it have to be the same ground, i can re-wire up the ground if it will really help
Nick is pretty good with that kind of stuff. I'll ask him your questions when he gets back from lunch, but I would hook the ground up to the same exact spot that the wideband is grounded. It doesn't need to be connected to the wire, just use the same screw for both.

I think its going to be set to the LM-1. Shoot Nick a PM and he can look at it if you have any issues.

Rick
Old 01-16-2009, 01:40 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Rick@HSW
Nick is pretty good with that kind of stuff. I'll ask him your questions when he gets back from lunch, but I would hook the ground up to the same exact spot that the wideband is grounded. It doesn't need to be connected to the wire, just use the same screw for both.

I think its going to be set to the LM-1. Shoot Nick a PM and he can look at it if you have any issues.

Rick
okay, CAN it be hooked up to the same wire, the reason i ask it the ground is in the engine bay and the lm2 harness is in the car, if i can tie into the microedge ground in the car it would look a lot cleaner and be easier, the only reason i wonder is the wires are so thin, will the microedge ground wire carry both the microedge and the o2 out put just fin or does it the analog output need to go directly to the body

Last edited by evilbeef54; 01-16-2009 at 02:45 PM.
Old 01-16-2009, 03:56 PM
FormerVendor

Well hopefully it isn't too difficult for you to run the ground back to the same point on both. This really needs to be done on the wideband units for a clean signal. Where are you grounding them out to right now? There should be plenty of good grounds inside the vehicle that you can ground both wires to.

Nick
Old 01-16-2009, 07:39 PM
12 Second Club

okay great, no it wont be too much trouble, i should be able to easily move the grounds, right now what i did was remove the wires from the sleve that would be staying in the car (switched 12v, arm, 02) and then ran the sleve with the rest of the wires into the car through a boot in the firewall next to the heater and under the PCM, i can easily move the ground tomorrow to something in the cab.
Old 01-17-2009, 11:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nick@HSW
What you're going to do is use the analog output 1 since its pre-programmed. Hook the + wire up to the a/f wire on the microedge. Then take the - wire from analog output 1 and ground it at the same location that the microedge is grounded.

Hope that makes sense?

Nick
That's exactly like I wired in my LM1. It may not seem important, but it really is, and that is the ground at the same location. Otherwise you could get skewed readings from signal taking different paths and having non identical resistance. grounds on our cars cause more issues than any other gremlin I am begining to think, lol.

Then you can take analog two out put and run it into your tuner program to log directly there. But you will have to program, at least the LM1, the WB to match your tuner program.

My wide band goes into the LM1 for logging/reading, to the MicroEdge for reading (can program it to show on screen) and rich/lean shut down, and to the HP Tuner for direct on screen reading and/or logging directly into program. God this stuff is fun.
Robert
Old 01-19-2009, 06:32 PM
12 Second Club

So i moved the grounds, it works AWESOME, just for future reference if you are using a LM-2 it must be set to the LC-1 setting NOT the LM-1 setting.

Quick Reply: Microedge & LM-2 Wideband