Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The HSW Interface Nitrous Controller

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 10:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The HSW Interface Nitrous Controller

I semi found what i was looking for on here but not exactly.

I am looking for that best of both worlds controller. I would like to run full timing when running NA, and have a controller pull enough timing for me when i wanna hit the go go button.

So far I have found the HSW controller, but im not sure if it will pull enough timing on my car for a 150 shot.

The car has a custom tune for it already and is going back in to get work on with my next round of go fast parts

How much timing is needing to be pulled for a 150 shot?

Car is a 2000 LS1 f body
cammed, heads, full bolt ons.

It has the HSW plate kit with some nitrous outlet goodies for other things.

EDIT:

One last thing. What fitting is needed to adapte the fuel solenoid to attach to the fuel rail? Is the rail 1/8NPT or what lol. Sorry prob a very easy question but I had some issues finding it out haha
Old 02-18-2009, 10:42 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by matt3383
I semi found what i was looking for on here but not exactly.

I am looking for that best of both worlds controller. I would like to run full timing when running NA, and have a controller pull enough timing for me when i wanna hit the go go button.

So far I have found the HSW controller, but im not sure if it will pull enough timing on my car for a 150 shot.

The car has a custom tune for it already and is going back in to get work on with my next round of go fast parts

How much timing is needing to be pulled for a 150 shot?

Car is a 2000 LS1 f body
cammed, heads, full bolt ons.

It has the HSW plate kit with some nitrous outlet goodies for other things.

EDIT:

One last thing. What fitting is needed to adapte the fuel solenoid to attach to the fuel rail? Is the rail 1/8NPT or what lol. Sorry prob a very easy question but I had some issues finding it out haha
Well it depends. Technically it can pull as much timing as you want it to. Its not limited to 15 degrees like a few of the other units out there are. Unfortunately this would require you to make an adjustment in HP tuners in order to pull that much timing. Out of the box it is capable of pulling 3 degrees on the LS1 platform. Whether that's enough, we need to know what your current timing is at. There are other units out there that pull timing as well. Shoot me over a PM and we can discuss it further if you'd like.

The end of the fuel rail is a -4 male fitting. Just hook your hose end up to it but make sure to remember and pull the shrader valve out first.

Nick
Old 02-18-2009, 10:42 AM
Banned

My understanding is that with HPT or EFI Live you can setup the Interface to pull as much timing as you need too.

You beat me to it Nick.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

So if i need mroe than 3 degrees of retard when spraying then I will need to make sure my tuner knows how to work the tables with the HSW interface.. is this correct?

And a 4an female union will work on the rail to noid connection right
Old 02-18-2009, 11:19 AM
Banned

So if i need mroe than 3 degrees of retard when spraying then I will need to make sure my tuner knows how to work the tables with the HSW interface.. is this correct?

Yes make sure the tuner knows how to work the tables with the HSW interface. Its easy to do.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

I believe the documentation that comes with the Interface explains for the tuner what values need to be changed.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

ok thanks a ton guys
Old 02-18-2009, 12:00 PM
FormerVendor

Yes you could do a coupler and hook the noid right off the end of the rail. Just be careful as that isn't the most secure brazed fitting and the weight could take a toll on it.

Any tuner should be able to understand the tables. There is a how to in the instructions or they can just give us a call and we can walk them through it.

Nick
Old 02-18-2009, 12:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Nick,

let me pose this question to you then. The mounting brackets supplied in the HSW kit, required me to remove my STB. I recently purchased some fuel rail covers, and want to put the STB back on the car. So..

I purchased a head mount for the n20 solenoid and purge. Instead of putting the fuel noid on the rail do you have a better bracket or place to mount this? Having issues finding something that works well will fuel rail covers hehe.
Old 02-18-2009, 12:39 PM
FormerVendor

Nick,

let me pose this question to you then. The mounting brackets supplied in the HSW kit, required me to remove my STB. I recently purchased some fuel rail covers, and want to put the STB back on the car. So..

I purchased a head mount for the n20 solenoid and purge. Instead of putting the fuel noid on the rail do you have a better bracket or place to mount this? Having issues finding something that works well will fuel rail covers hehe.
Most guys with fuel rail covers bend the brackets up to tuck the solenoids underneath them...kind of giving it that hidden look.

Nick
Old 02-18-2009, 01:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Nick,

I didnt think about bending the brackets lol, seems so simple haha. So you just bend them towards the back of the car? Going to search around and see if i cant find some pictures
Old 02-19-2009, 09:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

See if I cant get some help identifying what the hoses ends are

The plate to solenoid line is way to long right now and I would like to shorten it up. As is the plate to fuel solenoid line.

I also plan on trying to buy a fitting that will allow me to attach my fuel solenoid to the fuel rail so I can get rid of the hose there. Anyone know of someone that sells one of those? Looks like i need a 4an-4an female coupling or something.
Old 02-19-2009, 10:50 AM
FormerVendor

Its just a 4AN coupler. Just about any local speed shop should have one for you.

Let me know if you have trouble finding it.

Nick

See if I cant get some help identifying what the hoses ends are

The plate to solenoid line is way to long right now and I would like to shorten it up. As is the plate to fuel solenoid line.

I also plan on trying to buy a fitting that will allow me to attach my fuel solenoid to the fuel rail so I can get rid of the hose there. Anyone know of someone that sells one of those? Looks like i need a 4an-4an female coupling or something.
Old 02-19-2009, 10:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

Nick, what is the size of the connection on the plate itself? I can tell its smaller than the 4an on the other hose but im not sure what size it is. I want to buy a smaller hose to route from the plate to the n20 solenoid. ( as you can tell the one i got is pretty long lol )
Old 02-19-2009, 12:17 PM
FormerVendor

Its a -3an

Nick
Old 02-19-2009, 12:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

thanks again nick
Old 02-19-2009, 12:26 PM
FormerVendor

You got it!

Nick
Old 02-19-2009, 05:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

alright Nick, im having issues haha. Been to a couple local place they dont have them. And i cant seem to locate the 4an coupler online.
Old 02-20-2009, 06:44 AM
FormerVendor

Here are a few options for you...

Nick
Old 02-20-2009, 06:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

You want a -4 AN to -4 AN coupler.

Link to summit:
http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku