Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hsw please help

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 01:56 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hsw please help

HAving troubles getting through via phone so hoping you can help here.

I have the ls1 dry plate system with interface and also using micro edge. nitrous will not engage. Wen interface cover is removed the "on" light is blinking. It blinks when acc power is applied and also when car is started. I have traced all wiring TWICE and everything is correct. The system worked perfect before a motor rebuild yet the only thing i unhooked during the rebuild was the maf plug, positive and negatives on solonoid and o2 sensor orange wire from microedge. Only odd thing I can notice is on the display of the microedge when system is armed the readout for ARM is 9.99 volts? Any idea what may cause this issue or my overall problem. Thanks so much for your help. Cant wait to back back up and running
Old 02-18-2009, 02:10 PM
FormerVendor

We were out to lunch. Give us a call when you get a second or jump over and open a support ticket. Thanks.

Nick
Old 02-18-2009, 04:07 PM
Staging Lane

Not sure who I spoke to on the phone but thanks for all your help so far. Still havn't resolved the issue but I was very pleased with the help. Thanks again hope we get this thing fixed
Old 02-18-2009, 04:30 PM
Staging Lane

Let me know if it is possible to just send me a new interface harness. Apparently thats were the trouble might inlay? Thanks again for your help
Old 02-19-2009, 01:04 AM
12 Second Club

if your battery tests good it sounds like you may have gotten a short in one of your arm wires during the rebuild, look for pinched or knicked wires, unplug the wire that leads from the microedge to the arm switch, measure the voltage at the switch, if it is 12v there with that wire unplugged then the problem is inbetween the arm switch and the ME if it is still 9ish volts then the problem is inbetween the 12v source and the switch.

also if you have a 12v battery charger with a built in breaker this can be a good test source of power, try disconnecting the + wire of the n2o noid leaving the - wire grounded as is and quickly tapping the + wire aginst the + of the charger, listen for the noid to click, make sure none of the other wires got pinched during the rebuild
Old 02-19-2009, 10:40 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by ls1redline
Let me know if it is possible to just send me a new interface harness. Apparently thats were the trouble might inlay? Thanks again for your help
Jump over to the support section and start with a support ticket so we can log any and all changes and to verify what happens with the changes.

Thanks.

Nick
Old 02-19-2009, 08:32 PM
Staging Lane

Working with Matt on this one. Ticket is open. Having some weird stuff happening but we are trying things to hopefully get this resolved.

I want to commend HSW on their tech support and customer service!!!
Old 02-19-2009, 10:10 PM
8 Second Club

my volts say 9.99 to but the nitrous still works. i did have not come on once but i think it was in my wiring, i moved some stuff around and it worked. it still shows 9.99 when armed though.
Old 02-20-2009, 06:37 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by dudeman
my volts say 9.99 to but the nitrous still works. i did have not come on once but i think it was in my wiring, i moved some stuff around and it worked. it still shows 9.99 when armed though.
There just isn't room for 1 more digit on the display so the highest readout it can show is 9.99, that's all .

If you moved wires around and the kit activated, I would suggest redoing a few of the connectors or maybe solder a few connections. Let me know if you need any help.

Thanks

Nick