Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Im wet kit confused,

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 04:38 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Im wet kit confused,

Im looking at getting a wet kit for my Ls1. But I some questions that I need answers to.Yes I have tried the search button and it has helped a ton but i need a little more info.

1.Does a wet kit 150 shot need a tune?
2.Do I have to change injectors with a wet kit?or is that only on dry?
3.Is a fuel pump swap a must?

Car has..9 inch,Intake,LTs,ORY,No Tune dynoed 316/336 on a mustang dyno
Old 02-24-2009, 04:49 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by jattgunman
Im looking at getting a wet kit for my Ls1. But I some questions that I need answers to.Yes I have tried the search button and it has helped a ton but i need a little more info.

1.Does a wet kit 150 shot need a tune?
2.Do I have to change injectors with a wet kit?or is that only on dry?
3.Is a fuel pump swap a must?

Car has..9 inch,Intake,LTs,ORY,No Tune dynoed 316/336 on a mustang dyno
1. Yes you need a tune with a 150 horse, it would be smart to.
2. its not always necessary to have bigger injectors with a wet kit
3. And with the fuel pump it would be a good idea because when i was running a 150 shot i was running out of fuel because the stock pump couldn't keep up.
4. After all that you should be good to spray a 150 shot.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:02 PM
11 Second Club

YES to all of your questions! Experience shows when you take the cheap way around things, you usually end up regretting it!
Old 02-24-2009, 05:58 PM
12 Second Club

give hsw a call or shoot them a pm they will help answer all your questions and guide you in the right direction
Old 02-24-2009, 06:07 PM
Banned

Talking

[QUOTE=jattgunman;11121574]Im looking at getting a wet kit for my Ls1. But I some questions that I need answers to.Yes I have tried the search button and it has helped a ton but i need a little more info.

1.Does a wet kit 150 shot need a tune? NO, as long as its jetted correctly

2.Do I have to change injectors with a wet kit?or is that only on dry? Nope, the NOS Jet handles the extra fuel.

3.Is a fuel pump swap a must? I would say your borderline at 316hp +150.

I have a complete NX wet kit lightly used for sale, with heater (new), remote bottle opener (new) and an extra bottle. Let me know if yoru interested. Knocked 1.3 seconds off my quarter mile time jetted with a 100 shot.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:21 PM
FormerVendor

You do not need a tune for a 150 wet shot. You do need to verify your A/F ratio with a wideband reading. If you are a little lean or fat you just adjust with fuel jets. If you are on stock timing then you are ok with that. No you will not need to change injectors. Changing the full pump is not necessarily a MUST, BUT i would suggest doing it regardless, not worth losing a motor over.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:56 PM
Banned

agree 100%

[QUOTE=chris23120;11122207]

1.Does a wet kit 150 shot need a tune? NO, as long as its jetted correctly

2.Do I have to change injectors with a wet kit?or is that only on dry? Nope, the NOS Jet handles the extra fuel.

3.Is a fuel pump swap a must? I would say your borderline at 316hp +150.

I have a complete NX wet kit lightly used for sale, with heater (new), remote bottle opener (new) and an extra bottle. Let me know if yoru interested. Knocked 1.3 seconds off my quarter mile time jetted with a 100 shot.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:23 PM
11 Second Club

Im on stock tune and pulling a couple of degrees of timing with the HSW interface just to be safe. Im on the stock pump as well, no problems so far. Im just sprayin away and lovin every second of it, it get addicting really fast.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:25 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Mike@HSW
You do need to verify your A/F ratio with a wideband reading. If you are a little lean or fat you just adjust with fuel jets.
Is checking the a/f ratio a one time thing or is it something that has to be checked all the time?And once I get a reading of a/f I can increase or decrease as necessary by changing the jets on the fuel solenoid?
Old 02-25-2009, 05:51 AM
FormerVendor

Is checking the a/f ratio a one time thing or is it something that has to be checked all the time?And once I get a reading of a/f I can increase or decrease as necessary by changing the jets on the fuel solenoid?
its good to monitor it all the time with an in car wideband, but its not a must. Yes, that is how you tune a wet kit. You may or may not want to pull a few degrees of timing as well.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:38 PM
TECH Regular

looks like im gonna go with the hsw $599 wet kit 78 mm plate kit...Do I need to buy a purge?I will get the fpss..
Old 02-27-2009, 05:53 AM
FormerVendor

We designed the all out accessory package to compliment any kit. It includes everything you would need to get your kit up and running safely. You do need a purge and it is included. If you go to any tracks you will need a blowdown tube, which is also included. Plugs, nitrous filter, bottle heater and the microedge window switch are all part of the kit

http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/shop...age=1&featured