Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HSW MicroEdge related issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 06:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HSW MicroEdge related issue

I am not saying that the problem is the MicroEdge, but we are trying to get this figured out. As soon as we plug in the MicroEdge the car runs very rough even at idle. We unplug it and the car returns to normal. We have double checked the wiring and the settings on the MicroEdge and Interface and this is a brand new out of the box HSW plate kit and accessories. We are stumped and are eager to get this thing to the track.

Anybody have any ideas, any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:59 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Dskeet6
hmm.... where are you picking up your tach signal from?
The wire near the driver's side fuel rail.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:31 PM
12 Second Club

hey hawk, we tried to talk a little about this while i was in the staging lanes at the AZSRA event sat night. this is definatly a weird issue, since the ME shouldnt effect anytghing with the pcm, did you tap into any wire of the pcm for the install, the tps or rpm wire? did you try to, maybe nicking one of the wires? now when you say as soon as you plug in the ME is the activation switc on? what does the screen of the ME say, do you have everything hooked up/ plugged in wih the car not running, and the key on, what does the ME say? i think i remember you saying that you we running the interface too right? when are you plugging in the ME, it should just be left plugged in, the switched 12v turns is on, and the arm switch activates it
Old 02-26-2009, 09:34 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 96AZHAWK
I am not saying that the problem is the MicroEdge, but we are trying to get this figured out. As soon as we plug in the MicroEdge the car runs very rough even at idle. We unplug it and the car returns to normal. We have double checked the wiring and the settings on the MicroEdge and Interface and this is a brand new out of the box HSW plate kit and accessories. We are stumped and are eager to get this thing to the track.

Anybody have any ideas, any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Jump over to the support system or give us a call and we can run you through some diagnostics.

Thanks.

Nick
Old 02-26-2009, 02:01 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by evilbeef54
hey hawk, we tried to talk a little about this while i was in the staging lanes at the AZSRA event sat night. this is definatly a weird issue, since the ME shouldnt effect anytghing with the pcm, did you tap into any wire of the pcm for the install, the tps or rpm wire? did you try to, maybe nicking one of the wires? now when you say as soon as you plug in the ME is the activation switc on? what does the screen of the ME say, do you have everything hooked up/ plugged in wih the car not running, and the key on, what does the ME say? i think i remember you saying that you we running the interface too right? when are you plugging in the ME, it should just be left plugged in, the switched 12v turns is on, and the arm switch activates it
You seemed to be busy so I did not want to bug you a whole lot about it. We did tap into the PCM for the RPM/tach signal. We also tapped into the TPS wire near the TPS. As soon as the ME is plugged in the car immediately runs rough. The nitrous is not armed. The screen of the ME seems to read normal with all the standard diagnostics being available as well as all the menus and settings. Yes this setup is also running the interface doohickey as well. We can not leave the ME plugged in or the car runs extremely rough at idle or driving around. As soon as we unplug it, everything goes back to running normal.

David
Old 02-26-2009, 02:02 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Nick@HSW
Jump over to the support system or give us a call and we can run you through some diagnostics.

Thanks.

Nick
We will probably just call you tomorrow. What are your hours on Friday?
Old 02-26-2009, 05:00 PM
12 Second Club

Yeah sorry i didnt have more time, we were just getting ready to run the final race... so when the car is running rough what does the screen on the ME say, does it say standby, or arm, or spray, have you checked the interface to see if the spray light is lit up on the interface, if the interface is getting a signal to add fuel that could be a problem. Are you getting the correct values for the RPM and TPS on the ME, at least on the obd-I pcm's there is 4 bundles and two of them have pins 13 and 22 so it is easy to hook into the wrong wire? Have you tried unhooking the wires from the pcm to see if the problem goes away? Have you tried leaving the ME hooked up but hooking the stock MAF harness back up (taking the interface out of the equation)
Old 02-27-2009, 09:49 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 96AZHAWK
We will probably just call you tomorrow. What are your hours on Friday?
10 to 6. Just hit 3 for tech support. Thanks.

Nick