Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How awful are the NOS wet nozzles?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 12:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got a plate on the way, I'll post if that fixes the problem.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:23 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by KingKiller
I've got a plate on the way, I'll post if that fixes the problem.

I think you are throwing your money at the wrong stuff. 2 nozzles being bad not likely possible but not likely. I think you are having a Fueling/Ignition problem. Something is going wrong at the higher cylinder pressure. Have you tried different grades of gas or something?

Derek
Old 03-17-2009, 08:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by derekderek
I think you are throwing your money at the wrong stuff. 2 nozzles being bad not likely possible but not likely. I think you are having a Fueling/Ignition problem. Something is going wrong at the higher cylinder pressure. Have you tried different grades of gas or something?

Derek
I don't think the nozzles are bad, I just don't think they are good for more than a 75 or 100 shot. especially my original nozzle, very very old. I always run 93, and I'm not a brand loyalist so it's not like I always have the same gas in the car. Should have plenty of fuel, in fact if anything it seems to be too much fuel getting into the motor, as it's been backfiring and occasionally shooting flames out the cutout when i let off the gas after a bottle run. As for ignition, i'm not really sure what could be going wrong there, any ideas?
Old 03-17-2009, 09:36 PM
12 Second Club

I don't think the nozzles are bad, I just don't think they are good for more than a 75 or 100 shot. especially my original nozzle, very very old. I always run 93, and I'm not a brand loyalist so it's not like I always have the same gas in the car. Should have plenty of fuel, in fact if anything it seems to be too much fuel getting into the motor, as it's been backfiring and occasionally shooting flames out the cutout when i let off the gas after a bottle run. As for ignition, i'm not really sure what could be going wrong there, any ideas?
Do a compression check on the engine if ya want. If all comes out good then get a multi meter and check voltage on all your coil packs just to rule that out after that man its anyones guess but atleast you know where you stand with the motor aint hard to do those checks etheir. Just throwing stuff out there for ya man.

Also a good wideband would be good so you can see what its doing when you spray and a fuel pressure gauge would be ideal for ya.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Do a compression check on the engine if ya want. If all comes out good then get a multi meter and check voltage on all your coil packs just to rule that out after that man its anyones guess but atleast you know where you stand with the motor aint hard to do those checks etheir. Just throwing stuff out there for ya man.

Also a good wideband would be good so you can see what its doing when you spray and a fuel pressure gauge would be ideal for ya.
I'm gonna hold off on doing a compression check, kinda afraid what it my reveal about my 120k mile motor lol

As for checking the coilpacks, sounds like a good idea. My problem with all of this is everything works fine when I'm running a 75 shot, the only thing I'm changing is the two little jets in the nozzle and it's screwing things up. If it were electrical it would be doing all the time. I think between the nozzle positioning, the efficiency of the NOS nozzle, and the possible flex in the bellow that it's probably getting, it's totally message things up. With a little luck my plate will be here tomorrow and I'll get everything straightened out. Either way the plate is much better for atomization than the nozzle so I should be better off. Let's see what happens.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:30 AM
12 Second Club

Either way the plate is much better for atomization than the nozzle so I should be better off. Let's see what happens.
I agree with you on the plate being much better. The thing about ignitions is it can be fine running just on motor but once you start spraying it raises the cylinder pressure pretty good thats when the week links start showing ignitions have a hard time keeping up if they are weak. I hope the plate fixes your issues so you can really spray that sucka.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

I agree with you on the plate being much better. The thing about ignitions is it can be fine running just on motor but once you start spraying it raises the cylinder pressure pretty good thats when the week links start showing ignitions have a hard time keeping up if they are weak. I hope the plate fixes your issues so you can really spray that sucka.
Hell yea, there's a nasty 03 cobra I need to put a hurtin on
Old 03-18-2009, 12:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

this might be an idea. SOunds kinda strange but, what about replacing ignition cables? He has the factory ignition cables that came with the car 120k and 11 years ago.
Old 03-18-2009, 12:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

and his nozzle is very loose in his intake rubber tube. There is no question the plate will help but i still dont think its the issue. The car is literally going no faster on the 150 shot then the 75 shot. The only way to explain what the car is doing is pulsing. Also another piece of information was last year when we raced, we were about even when he was spraying the 150 shot while it was pulsing. We then added a splitter to the solenoids and added a second 75 shot nozzle. The car still pulsed but it went a **** load faster so that kinda stops all inquiries about ignition and electrical failure.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to replace the factory ignition wires...
Old 03-18-2009, 03:31 PM
12 Second Club

Well, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to replace the factory ignition wires...
Yea I think its about time for those to be replaced. How about the fuel filter when was it replaced that could be causing it to.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yea I think its about time for those to be replaced. How about the fuel filter when was it replaced that could be causing it to.
Not sure when the fuel filter was replaced, but it's definitely not a fuel problem. If it weren't getting enough fuel I would have blew that motor sky high a long time ago with the amount of nitrous I've run through it haha
Old 03-23-2009, 03:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm running one and it seems that it only works when I run a 75 shot. Any more than that and it starts to break up. The more I run the more it breaks up. Seems to be an atomization issue. How shitty are these nozzles? Does anyone here actually run one? I'm converting to a plate immediately unless an act of god stops me.
Looks like a act of god stopped ya! Or a act of a 200 shot.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hell yea, there's a nasty 03 cobra I need to put a hurtin on
You not gonna get to put that hurtin on me, yet atleast.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:37 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Give me a call at the shop and I will go over your set up from the top to bottom. I can give you the knowledge to locate the problem.
Dave
Old 03-23-2009, 10:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well guys, the plate fixed the problem. Fixed the problem so good that the motor told me to screw, and threw a rod threw the side of the block. above and beyond, it managed to start a fire which quickly spread to the fuel tank, and the back of the car experienced severe damage. I'm just lucky I wasn't hurt between the motor blowing or the fire in the car. Yea, I guess that was the act of god mentioned in my earlier post lol
Old 03-23-2009, 10:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Or maybe the act of god was the feeling of the 200 shot when it worked momentarily, making it feel like he hit the back of the car with a sledgehammer and said eat this cobra! lol
Old 03-23-2009, 11:00 PM
FormerVendor

Im lost.. Did you really blow it up?
Old 03-23-2009, 11:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

yea :'( it's unclear exactly what happened, but a piece of rod definitely left the building
Old 03-23-2009, 11:07 PM
FormerVendor

Wow. that sucks. Sorry to here this. When you get it back together call and talk one on one with me. The car was talking to you telling you something was not right. You just did not understand what it was trying to tell you. I will be happy to help so this does not happen again.
Dave