Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I be scared of ramping up nitrous?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 01:59 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Should I be scared of ramping up nitrous?

I have a 02 ls1 w/ stock engine, torquer v3 cam, full boltons, 150 wet kit. I have a/f cutoff, rpm window switch, wot switch. I have tuned the car myself with hptuners. I tuned the car myself with hptuners and have it set up to pull timing when spraying. Racetronix fuel kit.

Ive been through three bottles of 75 shots with no problems.

I kinda want to push it higher. Should I be worried or is it fairly safe to do so? Any point where I actually am taking a huge gamble with? I hear a few mixed things.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by pHEnomIC
I have a 02 ls1 w/ stock engine, torquer v3 cam, full boltons, 150 wet kit. I have a/f cutoff, rpm window switch, wot switch. I have tuned the car myself with hptuners. I tuned the car myself with hptuners and have it set up to pull timing when spraying. Racetronix fuel kit.

Ive been through three bottles of 75 shots with no problems.

I kinda want to push it higher. Should I be worried or is it fairly safe to do so? Any point where I actually am taking a huge gamble with? I hear a few mixed things.
As long as you have enough fuel there's nothing stopping you. Once you get to around a 200 shot you'll want to invest in a standalone fuel system. I've heard of a guy running a big cam, boltons, and a 225rwhp shot. Not sure how long he'll be able to do that for though. Most guys on here seem to be pretty confident in running a 200 shot through the motor for quite a while. Figure a big cam and a 125 shot would be making rougly the same power, so a 150 isn't much more. I'll be doing it this summer on my stock motor with 120k, but I'm crazy, and I'm not worried about it blowing cause I'll just replace it.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:11 AM
11 Second Club

You should not have any issues. You just need to make sure you have the AFR right, and pull out your timing.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

I see no mention of what plugs your running or what octane. Do you plan on pulling a little more timing?
Old 03-18-2009, 10:02 PM
11 Second Club

You should be pleanty safe at 150HP. Pull 6* and creep up if you want to live on the edge. Get plugs a couple of sizes colder. 200HP is a lot all at once and hard without good rod bolts, but the 150HP is fine. I ran 3-5 bottles a week for 3 summers. Now going to try FJO and ramp it up 50-200HP or more as I went to forged setup. Add the NANO and have a blast!