Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My first nitrous kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 02:08 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My first nitrous kit

Hi Im starting to put togheter my first kit and im pretty sure it wil be the next one:

125 nos wet plate(Im not pretty sure what brand but it will be plate)
NOS progresive louncher
HSW the interface
stand alone fuel system for the kit(need recomendation on what pressure will be fine)

Im driving a stock internals ls1, whit some bolt ons, cam(dont know wich one, the previous owner forget it) headers, stall, transgo an 342 gear.

And I was giving some thought on trowing another stage whit a dry shot since I can get a kit very cheap from a friend of mine, so this way i can get more benefits of the interface and the NOs louncher.

The dry shot I was thinking on put it after maf an use the interface to compensate the mixture and use the safety function of Rich/Lean shot off on the louncher.

Opinios?, pros and cons of putting the second stage
Old 03-06-2009, 04:33 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by marols7
Hi Im starting to put togheter my first kit and im pretty sure it wil be the next one:

125 nos wet plate(Im not pretty sure what brand but it will be plate)
NOS progresive louncher
HSW the interface
stand alone fuel system for the kit(need recomendation on what pressure will be fine)

Im driving a stock internals ls1, whit some bolt ons, cam(dont know wich one, the previous owner forget it) headers, stall, transgo an 342 gear.

And I was giving some thought on trowing another stage whit a dry shot since I can get a kit very cheap from a friend of mine, so this way i can get more benefits of the interface and the NOs louncher.

The dry shot I was thinking on put it after maf an use the interface to compensate the mixture and use the safety function of Rich/Lean shot off on the louncher.

Opinios?, pros and cons of putting the second stage
Well depending on your current flow requirements on the intank pump, you might not need to spend the money on a stand alone fuel cell right away. Can I ask what your fuel system consists of now? The nice thing about our plate is that it flows equally well on the low pressure as well as high pressure unlike many other plates on the market today so honestly, if you did do a standalone you wouldn't be limited to using it on the high pressure side. How big were you looking to go on the second stage? The nice thing about the Interface is that its 100% compatible with progressive controllers.

Thanks.

Nick
Old 03-10-2009, 12:55 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We stock the NOS plate systems as well as our brand of plates. If you are not stuck on the NOS brand you may check out the Nitrous Outlet plates. There is not another plate on the market that can out flow our plate high or low pressure.

The NOS Mini works great... With a wet system there is no need for the interface. Spend that money better somewhere else. If you are wanting dual stages keep it simple and use our dual stage plate system. We are the only company on the market with a dual stage plate.

If I can help you spec out a system or answer any questions please let me know. I will be happy to help.
Dave
Old 03-10-2009, 09:53 AM
FormerVendor

The interface is a reliable form of pulling timing and it certainly can be used in conjunction with a wet kit. The interface will pull the correct amount of timing everytime you spray and you can actually see it being pulled.

With ten discharge points spread across the inside perimeter, there is no plate out there better at distributing the mixture. It works with the incoming air flow rather then against it and fully fogs the intake. It atomizes so well i doubt there is a plate out there that can suspend the fuel for as long as it does. It also flows just about all you would ever need.

There are many options you can go with, if you have any questions at all please dont hesitate to shoot myself or nick a pm.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:21 AM
FormerVendor

In addition to what Mike said about the Interface, you can also use the fueling end of the controller to fine tune the a/f on a wet kit as well as using the top end feature to add or subtract fuel to maintain a consistent a/f across the board, when used in conjunction. Many ways to use this modern marvel of nitrous technology.

Nick
Old 03-12-2009, 03:05 AM
Teching In

Thanks guys for the replys

Right now I got the stock pump,but im putting a walbro when i star up the hole installation of the nitro,

I want to use the stand alone for safety reasons cuse the fuel around here is kind of bad, I'll be using vp for the cell.

In first time I was just thinking to use only 1 shot of 125, but since i can get a complete dry kit very cheap thats why I add the interface to the kit, to tune the second stage and pull some timing when the shot came in,

I thinkig start whit a 125 wet, and a 50 dry and see how things going and later start to going biger whit the dry shot, maybe a 75 then a 100 hps shot

Or I can get better results whit 2 stage of wet, maybe 125/75 to start?
Old 03-12-2009, 06:36 AM
FormerVendor

Results are results, doesn't really matter which means you take to get there. Either scenario will produce the results you're looking for. The only advantage I really see on your set up with all wet is that you can take full advantage of the stand alone fuel cell and its contents.

Nick
Old 03-19-2009, 02:59 AM
Teching In

ok im back whit some more question

Whit the intarface i can pull more than 3 degres whit out pulling timing on the tune, these because the car is DD and im only sprayin at the track maybe 1 or 2 weekend per month.

I can run a safety switch pressure on the stand alone no matter if i go high or low pressure?