Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats the best direct port system out there??

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2003, 07:12 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Reckless
I would guess it was 1/2 gallon after cutting. Way more than enough. You can make several passes on that. I would estimate $1600-$1800 for parts to complete everything if you go with a separate sump for the bottle. I ran 104 in the sump.

Nitrous Outlet (sponsor) cut me a good deal on everything. Just realize, the jetting supplied is not accurate for our motors. Check with EVIL for the jetting sizes if you run the NX stuff.

The cool thing about a separate N2O sump is you can regualte the air/fuel just by adjusting the fuel pressure from the sump. You want richer, increase the pressure a bit.

the jet map that you gave me is the same thing derty is running and works like a ****** champ!

the 1/2 gal cell can get 3 or 4 runs on it with the 150 shot. i check it ever pass, and fill it ever 2 just to be safe. i just need to get the check jet put into it so its a little more accurate and i can get the pressure set.
Old 10-28-2003, 09:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Reckless
Nitrous Outlet (sponsor) cut me a good deal on everything. Just realize, the jetting supplied is not accurate for our motors. Check with EVIL for the jetting sizes if you run the NX stuff.
Bingo, I think that is the problem with the jets on the NXL kit as well. Their jets never seem to be the right rating for our fuel systems.
Old 10-28-2003, 10:37 AM
On The Tree

I wonder if someone with the NXL would expirement with the propper jetting and see how it works?

Can any of you guys shoot me a PM about the Jet Map?

Thanx
Old 10-28-2003, 11:19 AM
11 Second Club

the jet map we are using is a low pressure fuel system jet map. rated for 8-10 psi not 58.

it wont help the nxl.
Old 10-28-2003, 12:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Man, looks like I might have to run around N/A for a while until I can save up that 2G's for that stand alone for the spray...

I really don't want to bother just putting a TNT F2 on it, you really don't get the performance you would get out of a DP...
Old 10-28-2003, 04:50 PM
TECH Junkie

I wonder if the nx jet chart would work on my nos pro shot fogger system. I have a chart but haven't had the chance to see how accurate it is.
Old 10-28-2003, 08:08 PM

Default Noszel

I would have to say Noszel System, it is a perfected system and Eastside helps alot...This system can be installed clean if you take the time as alot seem to think its a kit that you can't install clean, I prooved them wrong....
Old 10-28-2003, 10:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

How much does the NOSZEL system go for, does it need its own fuel supply like some of the others?
Old 10-29-2003, 01:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have the NOSzle system. It is not as clean as BADZ's but I still have coil packs to deal with too. There are pics on the NXL pic thread. I did run a low pressure fuel system but it is not absolutely needed. If you use the high pressure fuel off of the rail you will need to regulate the pressure down before the solenoids.

My fuel system is very simple, easy and cheap. I have a 1 gallon plastic cell mounted in the spare tire well with 3/8" rubber hose running to the front. A holley blue pump is mounted where the rear bumper used to be but I am sure you can mount anywhere else if you still have your bumper in. I plan on changeing to braided line after I get everything perfected and know exactly what lengths I need. I think the NOSzle kits go for around $1300-1400.00.

S
Old 10-29-2003, 01:04 PM
TECH Addict

I say do a custom direct port! Something like a NOS sportsman or TNT f4 would work nicely. I'm a big fan of the injector style systems like the noszle and the nxl ANYMORE b/c of all the b/s I have heard about each so go with the REAL DEAL.

Josh S.
Old 10-29-2003, 06:17 PM
TECH Regular

double post sorry!
Old 10-29-2003, 06:17 PM
TECH Regular

So I could run a 93 octane setup for my all motor setup, and then when I wanted to spray I could have a seperate 1 gallon fuel cell with 100 octane in it, with its own fuel pump to supply the kit?:
yes but problem is (at least for me) is the seperate fuel cells location
Old 10-29-2003, 07:19 PM
TECH Regular

My NoSsle is mostly done. I will post moer pics up soon after the new hood is ready. Here are some pics of the big mess.

Looks pretty nice now that it is all in. It definitely was a LOT of work.
Thanks to Ken at Eastside!!!!!
Cant wait to get the hood on and go see if we can go 10's up here.
Old 10-30-2003, 03:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I currently have the Nossle and I think it is a great kit. Every thing works as advertised and I like haveing the big ol' solinoids from NOS. You can check out my web site under the pictures section to see what it looks like. www.angelfire.com/ab7/sscamaro I havent updated my site in a while but there some decent pics of the system. The kit to install is pretty easy, now that I have installed it 2 times(brought to dealer for unrealated problems) I can do it pretty quickly. This kit is proven and works as intended. Good luck.

-William

Quick Reply: Whats the best direct port system out there??