Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Attm: HSW guys or anyone that had there solenoids rebuilt

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 02:39 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Attm: HSW guys or anyone that had there solenoids rebuilt

I had my solenoids rebuilt buy HSW and I just got them back today. In the box where two of these (one's alittle different):

What are they? They look like the plunger but if they were suposed to rebuild them why did they send them?

Also,

They did not take the NPT fittings off or the bracket. Do you need to inorder to rebuild them?

Last edited by badaSS346; 05-09-2009 at 04:09 PM.
Old 05-09-2009, 06:07 PM
FormerVendor

Those are your old ones, the new ones were installed. We provide them back to the customer so you can see that they were replaced. As for the fittings I don't remember seeing anything for removing the fittings on your note, we ususally don't offer that kind of service. You can use a little heat to heat the fitting to remove it.
Old 05-09-2009, 08:37 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Matt@HSW
Those are your old ones, the new ones were installed. We provide them back to the customer so you can see that they were replaced. As for the fittings I don't remember seeing anything for removing the fittings on your note, we ususally don't offer that kind of service. You can use a little heat to heat the fitting to remove it.
Not to get to personal but I had a motorcycle accident that has left my dominate hand pretty much useless and cant enough torque on the wrench to take it off with the amount of heat I already used to try and get it off. So that’s why I asked in the note. I never thought that remove fittings from a solenoid was a special service, especially for a performance shop. I just figured that there was a chance that I could ruin something so I figured let you guys do it, and i also wanted to do it before they were put back together.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:27 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Matt@HSW
Hey Matt,
These solenoids that Paul sent back in for a so called rebuild were on my C6. I did not even use one full bottle with this brand new plate kit that I purchased from you all. I pulled off the kit when I decided to do a stroker build. Why would brand new solenoids need to be rebuilt after not even one bottle of use? If you would like, I can PM you my name, address and so forth so that you may look up my purchase.

Thank You,
Mike