atv,

you using a programmable box yet?
Old 05-19-2009, 09:04 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ty_ty13
atv,

you using a programmable box yet?

We have a FAST XFI ... it can do just about anything a box can do.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ShiznityZ28
We left it the same as last year( pass front valve cover near the pump) but when we changed valve covers the new ones had a -12 oring port in them so we screwed the fitting directly in. Last year we had about a 3" stand on it then the fitting this must have been enough. we are moviong it to the valey cover so we can weld in a bafle .
Originally Posted by Fireball
be careful...tyson and I tried the valley cover on mine (with an aluminum bafflle) and it sucked serious oil becuase the cam is throwing alot of oil upward. I moved mine on the front of my valvecover where yours was and its been great...not pulling really any oil...and there really isn't any standoff either

I do use one of those moroso oil-air separators inline between the valve cover and vac pump inlet just to be sure, but its been dry (just condensed oil and water vapor)
What pump are you guys using? I am definately at the point of needing one. Tired of the mess and changing out the sock, lol.

Any updates?
Thanks
Robert
Old 05-19-2009, 09:43 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW!....can't wait to see what it does with the Nitrous.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:47 AM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by ATVracr
We have a FAST XFI ... it can do just about anything a box can do.
have launch retard, gear retard, and slew?
Old 05-19-2009, 09:49 AM
9 Second Club

have launch retard, gear retard, and slew?
Yes, Yes , no.... but you can upgrade to the traction control box.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:56 AM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by ATVracr
Yes, Yes , no.... but you can upgrade to the traction control box.
you have a link to the instructions for the xfi?
Old 05-19-2009, 09:58 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Robert56
What pump are you guys using? I am definately at the point of needing one. Tired of the mess and changing out the sock, lol.

Any updates?
Thanks
Robert
We have the moroso. we modified a richart racing pully and bracket to work in the stock fbody ac location and use the stock ac belt.

Fireball-- i used the valley cover on mine with 0 issues. Hopefully it will work fine. The new valve covers are closer to the rockers and the fitting is very close. with the lift and rpm its going to throw the oil in there pretty good.I think the rocker arm throws more oil than the cam in the 2 locations. We will move the fitting back so its not over top the cam hole in the valley.With carry's intake theres plenty of room to put it anywhere.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:02 AM
TECH Addict

you have a link to the instructions for the xfi?
http://www.fuelairspark.com/Base/Dow...Help/index.htm

it seems like alot but with the ls1 harness and xfi/xim box it was a relitivly simple install.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

We have the moroso. we modified a richart racing pully and bracket to work in the stock fbody ac location and use the stock ac belt.

Fireball-- i used the valley cover on mine with 0 issues. Hopefully it will work fine. The new valve covers are closer to the rockers and the fitting is very close. with the lift and rpm its going to throw the oil in there pretty good.I think the rocker arm throws more oil than the cam in the 2 locations. We will move the fitting back so its not over top the cam hole in the valley.With carry's intake theres plenty of room to put it anywhere.

that should help...I had mine near the front since the vic jr (at the time) had a limited height
Old 05-19-2009, 10:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Shiz/ATV, can you give me any insight on to why I had oil on the back side of my intake valves? No PVC system at all. The cylinders are all with in 3% of each other. Would a pump fix this as I suspect? I am thinking some kind of reversion and the motor not breathing correctly? Lots of blow by when hitting it hard spraying and it was built pretty loose as i wanted. the rings are .028 top and .021. Any insight would be great. Sorry not trying to steal the thread, but the guys reading along can get some good info on max effort motors...
Robert
Old 05-19-2009, 12:58 PM
9 Second Club

Reversion would be my guess.
We had signs of oil on the plugs last year (not good on N20) we put the Vpump on and problem solved. Its good for some HP to.
Old 05-19-2009, 01:13 PM
7 Second Club

yeah they've now decide that even on the big n20 motors that the pump is better than a dry sump... takes too much power to run...
Old 05-19-2009, 02:26 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Robert56
Shiz/ATV, can you give me any insight on to why I had oil on the back side of my intake valves? No PVC system at all. The cylinders are all with in 3% of each other. Would a pump fix this as I suspect? I am thinking some kind of reversion and the motor not breathing correctly? Lots of blow by when hitting it hard spraying and it was built pretty loose as i wanted. the rings are .028 top and .021. Any insight would be great. Sorry not trying to steal the thread, but the guys reading along can get some good info on max effort motors...
Robert
Like atv said probably reversion but if your pressurizing the system the oil will get past the seals and end up on the valve. the v-pump fixes tha also. no oil in atv's intake or runners.
Old 05-19-2009, 07:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Like atv said probably reversion but if your pressurizing the system the oil will get past the seals and end up on the valve. the v-pump fixes tha also. no oil in atv's intake or runners.
That's why i thought is was reversion, the oil has not migrated up the runner to far, and the plenum stays dry. But the seals did cross my mind as they were put on new by a shop i am not to familiar with when the heads were cleaned up (normally I do my own heads seats/valves/assembly). I thought maybe the screwed them up, but it could be pressure? What ever it is, the oil is uniform in the amount at all intake valves. I will be checking in to pumps, though now.
Robert