Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me trouble shoot my Microedge and interface setup from HSW

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 09:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick@HSW
No problem. I would also make sure that your shift drop rpm is set correctly as well.

Nick
But for right now does that matter? I'm just trying to get the solenoids to activate again. I think it's set to 1000RPM, I'll check though.

And just to be sure, when you say 1st gear lockout you're talking about; "Stags Gr1-None."
Old 06-29-2009, 06:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ok, 1st Gear Lockout is set to none. I also tried setting it to Stage 1 and Stage 2, but it made no difference. Drop RPM is 1000. Still nothing, just says Trigger when I got WOT. Again, everything is reading; AFR, RPM(when the car is running), TPS Voltage, toggle switch position. It just won't activate the nitrous. Purge works, same ground as the nitrous and fuel solenoids. RPM Windows are all set to 0.

Could it be a problem with the MicroEDGE software? I know the OP had mentioned he sent his back for an update. I haven't had a chance to check all of the wiring but I am only guessing that it's probably good since it powers up and reads all the parameters.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:18 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Grifter
Ok, 1st Gear Lockout is set to none. I also tried setting it to Stage 1 and Stage 2, but it made no difference. Drop RPM is 1000. Still nothing, just says Trigger when I got WOT. Again, everything is reading; AFR, RPM(when the car is running), TPS Voltage, toggle switch position. It just won't activate the nitrous. Purge works, same ground as the nitrous and fuel solenoids. RPM Windows are all set to 0.

Could it be a problem with the MicroEDGE software? I know the OP had mentioned he sent his back for an update. I haven't had a chance to check all of the wiring but I am only guessing that it's probably good since it powers up and reads all the parameters.
What version is the software? If you don't know how to check, jump over to the support ticket and we can shoot you over a step by step way to check.

Nick
Old 06-30-2009, 10:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

What version is the software? If you don't know how to check, jump over to the support ticket and we can shoot you over a step by step way to check.

Nick

PM sent/Support Ticket opened.
Old 09-15-2009, 05:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm going to bump this again. I am so close to finally having my system working 100%.

First I only set RPM(3K-6K). From a stop I arm the system and go. I got it to spray, awesome.

Next I setup the Lean Out delay to .20 seconds and the MIN AFR: 10.60-MAX AFR: 12.50. Go for another test drive, got it to spray again.

Now this is where I'm having problems; I go to setup the Stgs Gr1 and set it it to None, I'm an M6 car, I don't want it to spray in first. On my previous test drives I had it spraying in every gear. I then setup the Drop RPM to 300 which I think should be ok for an M6, no? Go to test it, 'TRIGGER' in every gear and it won't spray.

What parameter do I have setup wrong? I have it all working fine until I try to lockout 1st. Drop RPM means that when the controller sees it drop below xxxRPM it reads it as a shift meaning you're in the next gear, right? So for example; I'm stopped and I arm the system, launch, shift at 6200, RPM's drop to 5800(400RPM should see the drop) shift into 2nd the system should see it as gear 2 and spray.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:51 AM
FormerVendor

What is your Shift RPM set to? You need to start below this RPM and supersede it during the run. Also, what is Lowest Gr set to? Make sure this is 1 if starting from 1st.

Nick
Old 09-16-2009, 11:19 AM
9 Second Club

i had the same problem. mine was the trigger voltage being on the wrong setting. positive versus negative. switch it around in the microedge. mine also would only say trigger and never spray until i changed this setting. just food for thought.
Old 09-16-2009, 12:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

What is your Shift RPM set to? You need to start below this RPM and supersede it during the run. Also, what is Lowest Gr set to? Make sure this is 1 if starting from 1st.

Nick
Thanks Nick. I'll check the setting when I get home. I did not set the Shift RPM.

Originally Posted by subhumanzz
i had the same problem. mine was the trigger voltage being on the wrong setting. positive versus negative. switch it around in the microedge. mine also would only say trigger and never spray until i changed this setting. just food for thought.
Thanks. I have it set to positive I believe, but the system sprays. It's not until I try to lockout 1st that it won't activate.
Old 09-16-2009, 01:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just read over the instructions again, I think that's my problem. I know I never set the Shift RPM so the MicroEdge always thinks I'm in first or it's just not seeing it.
Old 09-16-2009, 06:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

I didn't get to test it yet but I think that was my problem, the Shift RPM was set at 4800. I changed it to 6200 and left the Drop RPM at 300.

Quick Reply: Help me trouble shoot my Microedge and interface setup from HSW