Sponsored by:

pics of your exterior nitrous emblems on your car

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 09:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SPEEDYws6
Don't forget to bolt the intake down.
The vacuum leak makes it sound like a huge cam. Don't hate bro.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:40 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ShiznityZ28
Thanks you just confirmed Domestic rice status. I understand what nitrous does for a turbo. Id love to see you hit it with a 300 shot on twin 60's...... please video.
I thought I explained that normally would be running maybe 7 to 10psi on current turbos and hitting it with maybe a 125 shot.

If upgrade to the 70lb/min turbos over winter would then again run maybe same 7 to 10psi and again hit it wiht a 125 or possibly 175 shot. Because I have the turbos don't need to run the top shots or run near full boost.

I am pretty confident that my fully forged iron 408 can take 1000rwhp.Have afr thick deck heads and don't see any big problems at that level.And the 1000rwhp would be likley only for dyno runs ,there is no need to run 1000rwhp on street.

I am pretty content running around at 7.5psi presently and maybe hit it with a 125 shot.

You guys are sure negative. I have tons of experience with turbo cars , I have owned many dsms and still have some. Some big power dsm builds running gt35R type turbos as well.And nitous is common in the dsm world with fi. Have had big block chevies with 6.71 supers, nitrous ,etc. I am not a kid, am 51 year old hot rodder.

Nitrous works excellent with FI if you are smart about it.Window switch,the right safety stuff.
I would only go past 1000rwhp if went to LSX block. I am not some kid that works at McDonalds.If I did kill my iron forged 408 would simply get an LSX this time around. No big deal.If you want to play in the big leagues you have to be prepared to spend the money.

As for tuning ,no its not a mailorder tune and its not stock tune.
I have been tuning my own cars for years both ls1 and lt1 and dsms. I have a good understanding of tuning. We have a few hptuner local guys that are pretty good too, although mostly with NA tunes.

I am runnning conservative with afr 11.1 and timing around 15 degrees max.
I am checking plugs and all that proper stuff.

Not sure if you guys are jealous of the build or what. As said nitrous works fine with FI.

But yeah won't just crank boost to max and hit it with the 300 shot without making sure things are up to snuff. My fuels system can handle 1000rwhp or bit more. Twin pump top of line Lonnies setup. I have low impedence 120 pound injectors to use if was going to go to full power. Wet shot like I run don't need bigger injectors.

I have dana 60, soon top of line 4l80 RPM trans. Engine has callies crank,rods, wiseso pistons ,hellfire rings, arp everything,etc.

Now if you don't like my couple of emblems on the door fine thats your choice. As said the emblems I have now say TWIN TURBO N20 408.
They go under the Trans am emblems on the sides. They are thinner like the pic ,matching in script and size and they are stainless not plastic or decals.

The back of car has only the TWIN TURBO emblem on it.

And the car is shown and does well. People seem to really like the plate and the emblems even though have not added the N20 emblem its on order.
Rice is stickers or big wings.
Car can do what plate says easily if you are talking engine hp.If couple extra emblems describing the car on the door make it rice whatever.If my plate makes it rice whatever.

Each to his own. Actually my plates and emblems keep cars especially the local honda boys from trying to street race the TA. Most don't figure they have a chance and they are pretty much correct. A TT built 408 is no slouch even at current low boost. Even without boost the built 408 is no slouch.

I don't street race anyway but do drive the car hard in industrial parts of town or out of town on usually sunday mornings. The car will see the dyno and few tracks mostly outlaw tracks this season or next as soon as have completed the 4l80 swap and finished up the dyno tuning.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:51 AM
TECH Veteran

Thanks you just confirmed Domestic rice status. I understand what nitrous does for a turbo. Id love to see you hit it with a 300 shot on twin 60's...... please video.
You have some attitude there guy.

My buddy/mechanic that worked with me building the car is no dummy to the track .He runs close to same times in your sig with NO Nitrous ,no turbos just an old big block chevy in a vega on alcohol with antique mechanical fuel injection.

He will be adding spray this season and likely will hit mid 8s. Car is certified to mid 8s I think he said.

My 99 is mostly street and show car. Its not lega currently to go faster than 11.5 at local NHRA track .It can only be run on a few local outlaw tracks many of which are 1/8th mile. But didn't built it to be track car. Built it to be fun street car ,good for shows and intimidating as hell to the real ricers and wannabe cars in my city. It achieves those goals just fine. And its very streetable, 9.5 compression, 3.54 gears, nice no lope no cam surge cam,
streetable power band, quick spool up. And yeah it traction limited on street tires but have et street radials for when want to play or track it .
Old 06-23-2009, 10:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice car! I'm not sure why everyone is hating on it. I'm guessing because you have the money to build something like this and they do not.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by MY99TAWS6
I don't street race anyway but do drive the car hard in industrial parts of town or out of town on usually sunday mornings.
I dont street race I just race on the street.

Old 06-23-2009, 10:25 AM
TECH Junkie

You car hasnt made 1000hp yet and your are claiming it does...

Make the power, not the sticker
Old 06-23-2009, 10:48 AM
TECH Addict

You have some attitude there guy.

My buddy/mechanic that worked with me building the car is no dummy to the track .He runs close to same times in your sig with NO Nitrous ,no turbos just an old big block chevy in a vega on alcohol with antique mechanical fuel injection.

He will be adding spray this season and likely will hit mid 8s. Car is certified to mid 8s I think he said.

My 99 is mostly street and show car. Its not lega currently to go faster than 11.5 at local NHRA track .It can only be run on a few local outlaw tracks many of which are 1/8th mile. But didn't built it to be track car. Built it to be fun street car ,good for shows and intimidating as hell to the real ricers and wannabe cars in my city. It achieves those goals just fine. And its very streetable, 9.5 compression, 3.54 gears, nice no lope no cam surge cam,
streetable power band, quick spool up. And yeah it traction limited on street tires but have et street radials for when want to play or track it .
No **** your buddies alcohol vega big block runs just slower than my 3600 lb street car . Awsome!

If you are advertising 1000hp and never dyno'd it raced it or hell probably never got past 50% throttle. It is rice! 100%
Old 06-23-2009, 10:49 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by deelong4002
Nice car! I'm not sure why everyone is hating on it. I'm guessing because you have the money to build something like this and they do not.
Thats it !
Old 06-23-2009, 10:52 AM
TECH Addict

I thought I explained that normally would be running maybe 7 to 10psi on current turbos and hitting it with maybe a 125 shot.

If upgrade to the 70lb/min turbos over winter would then again run maybe same 7 to 10psi and again hit it wiht a 125 or possibly 175 shot. Because I have the turbos don't need to run the top shots or run near full boost.

I am pretty confident that my fully forged iron 408 can take 1000rwhp.Have afr thick deck heads and don't see any big problems at that level.And the 1000rwhp would be likley only for dyno runs ,there is no need to run 1000rwhp on street.

I am pretty content running around at 7.5psi presently and maybe hit it with a 125 shot.

You guys are sure negative. I have tons of experience with turbo cars , I have owned many dsms and still have some. Some big power dsm builds running gt35R type turbos as well.And nitous is common in the dsm world with fi. Have had big block chevies with 6.71 supers, nitrous ,etc. I am not a kid, am 51 year old hot rodder.

Nitrous works excellent with FI if you are smart about it.Window switch,the right safety stuff.
I would only go past 1000rwhp if went to LSX block. I am not some kid that works at McDonalds.If I did kill my iron forged 408 would simply get an LSX this time around. No big deal.If you want to play in the big leagues you have to be prepared to spend the money.

As for tuning ,no its not a mailorder tune and its not stock tune.
I have been tuning my own cars for years both ls1 and lt1 and dsms. I have a good understanding of tuning. We have a few hptuner local guys that are pretty good too, although mostly with NA tunes.

I am runnning conservative with afr 11.1 and timing around 15 degrees max.
I am checking plugs and all that proper stuff.

Not sure if you guys are jealous of the build or what. As said nitrous works fine with FI.

But yeah won't just crank boost to max and hit it with the 300 shot without making sure things are up to snuff. My fuels system can handle 1000rwhp or bit more. Twin pump top of line Lonnies setup. I have low impedence 120 pound injectors to use if was going to go to full power. Wet shot like I run don't need bigger injectors.

I have dana 60, soon top of line 4l80 RPM trans. Engine has callies crank,rods, wiseso pistons ,hellfire rings, arp everything,etc.

Now if you don't like my couple of emblems on the door fine thats your choice. As said the emblems I have now say TWIN TURBO N20 408.
They go under the Trans am emblems on the sides. They are thinner like the pic ,matching in script and size and they are stainless not plastic or decals.

The back of car has only the TWIN TURBO emblem on it.

And the car is shown and does well. People seem to really like the plate and the emblems even though have not added the N20 emblem its on order.
Rice is stickers or big wings.
Car can do what plate says easily if you are talking engine hp.If couple extra emblems describing the car on the door make it rice whatever.If my plate makes it rice whatever.

Each to his own. Actually my plates and emblems keep cars especially the local honda boys from trying to street race the TA. Most don't figure they have a chance and they are pretty much correct. A TT built 408 is no slouch even at current low boost. Even without boost the built 408 is no slouch.

I don't street race anyway but do drive the car hard in industrial parts of town or out of town on usually sunday mornings. The car will see the dyno and few tracks mostly outlaw tracks this season or next as soon as have completed the 4l80 swap and finished up the dyno tuning.
I don't have enough time to laugh at everything you put here so il ljust laugh 1 time
Old 06-23-2009, 11:36 AM
TECH Veteran

No **** your buddies alcohol vega big block runs just slower than my 3600 lb street car . Awsome!

If you are advertising 1000hp and never dyno'd it raced it or hell probably never got past 50% throttle. It is rice! 100%
Whatever MR. TRACK STAR.

I bow down before your awesomeness. And I have gone WOT. With wideband and full scanning. Some real overly serious bozos on this board.
I put the 1000 hp plate mostly for fun. It was originally goal engine hp.
So you doubt my build 408 TT with spray can do 800rwhp which is 1000engne hp thru an auto?
Who cares what it runs at the track.Its a street toy. If you car runs at any nhra track and runs 8s its not going to be too nice and street friendly with a full cage and the other 8 second requirements.

I am so sorry a 1000hp plate and few emblems make me a ricer. Guess just have to live with that...oh the shame.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:42 AM
TECH Addict

FYI .If you had actually dyno'd it and or ran even once. we would give you way less crap.

Just remonds me of the guy who pulled up next to me ( in my unstreetable car as you say) with 500hp stickers on it. I asked what he had and he sadi " The corvett motor" it comes with 500 hp. now my car on motor made about 500 to the wheels at the time na so i procedded to show him what 500 hp can do. He decided not to pull up next to me at the next light. just stayed back 1/2 car. Good luck finding your nitrous emblems.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Who cares what it runs at the track.Its a street toy.
If you don't care what it runs at the track why would you need nitrous to spool the turbos? You should be able to make more than enough power for the street with the turbos alone.
Old 06-23-2009, 12:12 PM
Teching In

Sounds like a bunch of jealous people to me. What you have done with that car is quite awesome.
Old 06-23-2009, 12:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by VCV13
Sounds like a bunch of jealous people to me. What you have done with that car is quite awesome.
Track times make me jealous. Not guesses about how much power or what it SHOULD run.
Old 06-23-2009, 12:42 PM
TECH Junkie

I like subtle hints that something is different about a car. I plan on using on of these on the rear in blue and the 4th gen "SS" emblems on the front fenders

Old 06-24-2009, 10:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

Hey man F*** all the haters, it's your car, and if it makes you happy that's all that matters. Your emblems are very professionally done and I honestly think you pull it off well
Old 06-24-2009, 10:44 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by buzz12586
If you don't care what it runs at the track why would you need nitrous to spool the turbos? You should be able to make more than enough power for the street with the turbos alone.
As said several reasons. It can spool the turbos quicker and am planning upgrading the turbos to larger over winter.
It looks great when you pop the hood and is good at car shows as well. Always draws a crowd. Fact draws a crowd anywhere I take the car now with the emblems and liscence plate but thats fine with me.Not trying to build a sleeper.

I have enough power for a quick street car with no boost going into the built 408. But I still manage to use a fair bit of power especially in the higher gears. Obviously it will blow street tires off in the lower gears. But you can ramp in boost with rpm,etc and will have a set of et street radials mounted on second set of rims for track or whatever.

And yes the car currently is potential numbers no hard dyno or track times.
No intention to track it until get auto swap done in a few months.
Ditto likely on dyno. Might as well be numbers with final combo.
Would be very happy with a high 9 for track time at maybe near 140. Not trying to do 8s or whatever no interest in that. Way too much crap at track as soon as you run under 10s.Talking NHRA track. We have one couple hundred miles from here.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:57 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by kc533
Hey man F*** all the haters, it's your car, and if it makes you happy that's all that matters. Your emblems are very professionally done and I honestly think you pull it off well
Thanks for the compliments. Yes a lof of cars is personal taste. Some like stripes,some hate them.Some like black mags.Some hate them. Some like purple cars ,some hate them. Whatever all personal.

I agree it will be nice to get some hard numbers for the car ,dyno and track.
And yes the plate is not accurate technically until do get a 800rwhp dyno thru the auto.

But again who cares. Why are people so serious about this stuff. Its pretty funny. So a guys car does 8s or whatever. How does it corner,brake ,how driveable is it for daily use if person wanted to do that. I wanted a well rounded fun car ,traction limited not power limited. Thats why upgraded handling,braking, pretty much every area not just optimizing for 1/4 mile.

I know the car is already stupid fast with low boost and the built 408. I could be quite happy running just current power. But its nice to know that a lot more is just a touch of the eboost away or a jet change. Combo can easily hit 800rwhp . Anyone that doubts that needs to seriously look at the parts in the car. But should have hard numbers this season to back it up.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:15 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by juiSSed1172
I dont street race I just race on the street.

No BS. Mean don't run light to light down mainstreet type of thing.

Have played in past out of town on highway sunday morning alone or against buddies. Have run car pretty hard in industrial parts of town as well.

Didn't bother tracking car as until had new rear end on what was the point.And also wouldn't bother tracking car without drag tires.Now have dana 60 on the car and ordering in some drag tires for extra set of rims which have been backordered for months. But still won't race the car until get auto swap done. Clutch are t56 are sold with deposit down.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:41 AM
On The Tree

you have a nice set up i was kinda sceptical about the emblems untill i actually seen them......they are very classy and your car well it speaks for it's self and as for these guy's talkin down just tell em to line their's up to yours and see how much they talk after that

Quick Reply: pics of your exterior nitrous emblems on your car