Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock 09 Z06 vs SS big bottle

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 04:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert56
You better do your research bucko, ignorant is definitely your department. I control the "Official Z06 Fast List" and have for many years, since I started it. You can check it out, it is at the top of the page , a sticky, in the C5 Z06 section @ CorvetteForum.com. I have over 300 passes in my Z06 myself, and literally hundreds upon hundreds of fast time submissions. So i think i may have a little more insight into the Z06 than you do, LOL. your effort to be a "big-shot" just back fired on you big time. yes it's difficult to drive a 6-speed to fast times for someone whom doesn't know what their doing, and I stated 13's. however, like I said, if he has done something to his car, like add 150 shot, then it is a 9 second car. More than likely, if he has added some power for the strip, he probably can drive at least somewhat and 700hp will get the job done for even guys like you, lol. i went 10.8 on bone-stock long-block LS6, not even headers a few years ago, with a 125/135 dry shot. it was a record run and held for a couple years. Mike Moran ran a 9.9 or 9.8 with a 200 shot on the LS6 C5 Z06 and on and on and on and on. The fastest bone-stock C6 Z06 is at 10.7 IIRC. So in conclusion, you might want to do a little research before sticking your foot in your mouth, but hey, your the expert here, owning and racing a Z06, lol, like you do...
Robert
ScreaminRedZ makes the majority of the points I was going to make, but I would also like to point out that you said you ran an "11.71 stock" in your C5 Z06, and then proceeded to say that it was with drag radials. Last I checked, drag radials not only means "not stock", but they are quite a large ET-improving mod. You also stated that C5 Z06s run mid 11s stock. Based on your previous posts, I'm willing to bet you're the type of guy who says "stock" when what you really mean is "tires, tune, suspension, etc". You threw all of your credibility out the window for that "list" you keep when you called a car with drag radials stock.

But nice try, bucko.

Last edited by PewterScreaminMach; 08-18-2009 at 04:58 PM.
Old 08-18-2009, 04:57 PM
TECH Addict

nothing i said was difinitive in nature
Oh really?

Now if has done anything at all to the car he is looking at 9's.
So if he has tires and nothing else, he's looking at 9s? If he has nothing but a tune done? If he has nothing but a shifter? Like I said, the ignorance in your post is surprising.

...C5 Z06, but they run mid to high 11's stock. I ran a 11.71 stock.
Robert
You find me proof that ONE C5 Z06 has gone mid-11s showroom stock and I'll delete all of my posts.

Last edited by PewterScreaminMach; 08-18-2009 at 05:05 PM.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You better start picking on a C5 Z06, but they run mid to high 11's stock. I ran a 11.71 stock.
Robert
I just checked out your fastest list. A total of 6 C5 Z06's have run in the 11's and none of them were a mid 11. The average time for the cars on the list is 12.074. With a drag radial and cold air (the parameters of that list) the story changes, but that's not stock. The average for the top 20 cars on that list is 11.791. That's Goddamn fast, but even that isn't an average of a mid 11 out of the top 20 fastest. Making a blanket statement that they run mid to high 11's stock and then only 6 have done it? That's not even enough to prove that most of the cars out there are capable of it never mind the drivers.

A new Z06 with only drag radials will run well into the 10's, hell bone stock and stock tires run in the 10's
One has hit a 10 bone stock. 3 have done it with a tire. The average for bone stock is 11.5. The average for a tire only car is 10.99 but there are only 5 cars on the list. These are the averages for the ones fastest list.

Last edited by ScreaminRedZ; 08-18-2009 at 05:30 PM.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:52 PM
Teching In

Cooold Blooded!
Old 08-18-2009, 09:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

holy moly I forget to check my post for a day and everything explodes into argument lol. Anyway i'm still trying to get him out to do this, if he does agree I just need to decide what I can do to get his 350. I just shot him a text message not 2 minutes ago and am waiting a reply on if he will still do it.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
One has hit a 10 bone stock. 3 have done it with a tire. The average for bone stock is 11.5. The average for a tire only car is 10.99 but there are only 5 cars on the list. These are the averages for the ones fastest list.
So where's the list of sprayed Camaros that have hit 11.5 on stock internals and drag radials?
Old 08-18-2009, 10:23 PM
Staging Lane

i bet he doesnt give up the z even if you win.... i wouldnt bother taking it to the track either id save that 10 bolt for that one run...!!! but im willing to bet if you hook and spray it like you stole it you will win... im guessing hes never had a car with that much power... race him once and only once.. and what ever paycheck your betting... don't go into work for at least three days that week
Old 08-18-2009, 10:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by fccs
lol you would STILL loose with a 200shot, and you being a a4 would prob hurt more. And he may be cocky, but if his 350z is modded a little bit, that would prob. be a good race actually.

Your right! he will make the same hp as you with a 200 shot but is 600lbs lighter. You spray 200 shot and kaboom. Whatever you do race from a stop!

My notes, Get a yank stall, 3.73's, drag radials to go on stock wheels dont let him no, 150shot and from a stop you should cover him. I pulled one from stop 1st, 2nd, 3rd even up and said see ya in 4th. The sooner you let off the better because he will be coming up on you fast.

Last edited by SIC LSX; 08-18-2009 at 10:47 PM.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Fb0dy0nly
Take everything out you dont need!!!

spare tire and ****
all seats and belts
center console
Have under a 1/4 tank of gas
borrow some skinnies for up front
suspension mods for the freakin win (panhard rod, TA rods, Torque arm, springs & shocks)

get some sticky tires
STALL!!!!
....and pray you hook...

Yup saw this after my post. Forgot lca relocation brackets more important than any in my book. I cant believe what they did for my car. LCA's did nothing for my car and PH bar did nothing for me. Panhard,lcs's, t/a didn't nothing for my friends auto car 1.6 60ft b4 1.60ft after. LCA brakets 1.5's both were on 100% shocks and springs
Old 08-19-2009, 05:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
ScreaminRedZ makes the majority of the points I was going to make, but I would also like to point out that you said you ran an "11.71 stock" in your C5 Z06, and then proceeded to say that it was with drag radials. Last I checked, drag radials not only means "not stock", but they are quite a large ET-improving mod. You also stated that C5 Z06s run mid 11s stock. Based on your previous posts, I'm willing to bet you're the type of guy who says "stock" when what you really mean is "tires, tune, suspension, etc". You threw all of your credibility out the window for that "list" you keep when you called a car with drag radials stock.

But nice try, bucko.
If you actually go to the Fast List, you will see the two first catagories, BONESTOCK, Then STOCK with DRAG RADIALs and CAI as the only mods allowed. Go look at the list and you will see what I am talking about, then you won't have to try to split hairs with what I have said. Bottom line, the Vette is a brute in the correct hands. Would you like me to link you to the GMHTP magazine where they ran a 11.9 ET, and if IIRC it was BONESTOCK and it was an '02 Z06 with super low miles. But you will undoubly find some excuse as to why their runs are invalid, lol. I guess I need to spell things out better in my descriptions above, sometimes I forget that there are newbies with little knowledge or actual experiance with these cars. So yes you may be correct that I said stock 11.71, then said drag radials. But firgured you could figure out what i meant, I mean if I was trying to be dishonest, i surely would not have included the fact that DRs were used. I thought most knew the difference between stock and bonestcok. In the Vette world it is accepted and widely known that bone stock means 100% and stock tires, where as stock means no motor changes but can include drivetrain mods. Just like it is widely known that bolt ons do not include internal engine mods. So please forgive me for not being more in depth in what I mean or am trying to say. Most of what i have said has been covered many hundreds of times and I forget about the newbies maybe not knowing all of the angles.
Robert
Old 08-19-2009, 05:54 PM

If you actually go to the Fast List, you will see the two first catagories, BONESTOCK, Then STOCK with DRAG RADIALs and CAI as the only mods allowed. Go look at the list and you will see what I am talking about, then you won't have to try to split hairs with what I have said. Bottom line, the Vette is a brute in the correct hands. Would you like me to link you to the GMHTP magazine where they ran a 11.9 ET, and if IIRC it was BONESTOCK and it was an '02 Z06 with super low miles. But you will undoubly find some excuse as to why their runs are invalid, lol. I guess I need to spell things out better in my descriptions above, sometimes I forget that there are newbies with little knowledge or actual experiance with these cars. So yes you may be correct that I said stock 11.71, then said drag radials. But firgured you could figure out what i meant, I mean if I was trying to be dishonest, i surely would not have included the fact that DRs were used. I thought most knew the difference between stock and bonestcok. In the Vette world it is accepted and widely known that bone stock means 100% and stock tires, where as stock means no motor changes but can include drivetrain mods. Just like it is widely known that bolt ons do not include internal engine mods. So please forgive me for not being more in depth in what I mean or am trying to say. Most of what i have said has been covered many hundreds of times and I forget about the newbies maybe not knowing all of the angles.
Robert
I do think that the argument here was blown out of proportions, but to me stock means stock as in off the showroom floor. Apparently stock means mildly modified in the vette world, but this is not a vette specific site, so thanks for clarifying.

I have read the article that you are referring to in GMHTP many times and am well aware of what the cars are capable of. That being said, there are at least as many (and probably many more) stock ones running high 12's as running high 11's (referring to the C5 Z06). This is obviously due to the driver (and sometimes the other conditions such as elevation, etc), which I understand. The point I was trying to make is just that you are much more likely to find a car/driver combination that will run an average time (which would be more in line with the yuppy mag times in the mid 12's) than a time that would be seen on the fastest list.

As for the cars themselves, they are clearly amazing and badass machines that are capable of far more than most people can wring out of them.
Old 08-19-2009, 05:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
Oh really?

So if he has tires and nothing else, he's looking at 9s? If he has nothing but a tune done? If he has nothing but a shifter? Like I said, the ignorance in your post is surprising.

You find me proof that ONE C5 Z06 has gone mid-11s showroom stock and I'll delete all of my posts.

Like I said, if you really want to see the verified times, go to the list which i will link for you so you can see with your own eyes. Yea maybe you guys can point out discrepancies in my wording, but it's according to YOUR limited knowledge on how the Vette community has decided to list the Fast times. we have bone-stock, 100% and stock tires, then we have stock and DR/CAI only. I never stated that a show room stock car could go mid elevens. However, bone-stock has gone mid-high 11's, and stock with DR/CAI has gone mid 11's. All top 10 runs in each class have to be verified with a slip and witnesses, and some have videos. Check it out for your self and quit trying to pick things apart. Like I said, limited knowledge on your part, does make my wording suspect, sorry that I did not clarify that stock can include drive-train mods, my bad. So please relax, you seem to think that i have personally stated this stuff to be deceptive some how.

For those reading along, please note that the thread below has 40,738 people that have stopped by (the original Fast list thread is linked in the lead post and has 20k hits) and no where one time has my integrity come under fire like the two individuals above. It is the only recognized official Vette ET list considered by the entire Corvette community. Even our rivals, the Viper guys give it due respect. In conclusion, forgive me if I was not clear in my prior posts, I was trying to cover a lot of ground with minimal typing.

The-c5-z06-fast-list.html

here is the Fast List for the C6 Z06. I was off on my times here, but am not an owner nor the author. However, it's still a very fast car.
The-c6-z06-fast-list.html

Robert
Old 08-19-2009, 06:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
I do think that the argument here was blown out of proportions, but to me stock means stock as in off the showroom floor. Apparently stock means mildly modified in the vette world, but this is not a vette specific site, so thanks for clarifying.

I have read the article that you are referring to in GMHTP many times and am well aware of what the cars are capable of. That being said, there are at least as many (and probably many more) stock ones running high 12's as running high 11's (referring to the C5 Z06). This is obviously due to the driver (and sometimes the other conditions such as elevation, etc), which I understand. The point I was trying to make is just that you are much more likely to find a car/driver combination that will run an average time (which would be more in line with the yuppy mag times in the mid 12's) than a time that would be seen on the fastest list.

As for the cars themselves, they are clearly amazing and badass machines that are capable of far more than most people can wring out of them.
Thank you. I knew all along that you actually knew the abilities of the Z06. i get a little swelled in the head and give em the ultimate credentials like anyone could rum em in the 11's, lol, I know. My newest Hot-Rod mag has a little paragraph on a new C6 Z06 running a rodded El Camino. Well the time ran for the C6 Z06 was 13.29. I actually got pissed. that in no way represents what this car is about. Some dip sh*t buying a vette and embarasing himself and other vette owners. Many other makes surely got a laugh out of this run, thinking oh yea for 100, 000.00 bucks and it can't even run a 12, lol.
So if human nipple runs a guy like this, lol, he will have a new car for sure.
Robert
Old 08-19-2009, 06:26 PM

My newest Hot-Rod mag has a little paragraph on a new C6 Z06 running a rodded El Camino. Well the time ran for the C6 Z06 was 13.29. I actually got pissed. that in no way represents what this car is about. Some dip sh*t buying a vette and embarasing himself and other vette owners. Many other makes surely got a laugh out of this run, thinking oh yea for 100, 000.00 bucks and it can't even run a 12, lol.
Eh, nothing you can do about that. Look at all the LS1 cars running 13.9 or the 03/04 Cobras stuck in the mid 13's. Every car is capable of much faster than the average time. The average time and driver error is what makes it fun to run cars on the street that should be faster...the whole, "Am I about to get my head kicked in or am I gonna suprise the guy who just dropped 70K at the dealership?"
Old 08-20-2009, 10:38 AM
Launching!

Stall it, spray it and do a real drag race (no rorr racing). Unless he's an avid drag racer he'll probably be running 12s 1/4 times in his car.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thank you. I knew all along that you actually knew the abilities of the Z06. i get a little swelled in the head and give em the ultimate credentials like anyone could rum em in the 11's, lol, I know. My newest Hot-Rod mag has a little paragraph on a new C6 Z06 running a rodded El Camino. Well the time ran for the C6 Z06 was 13.29. I actually got pissed. that in no way represents what this car is about. Some dip sh*t buying a vette and embarasing himself and other vette owners. Many other makes surely got a laugh out of this run, thinking oh yea for 100, 000.00 bucks and it can't even run a 12, lol.
So if human nipple runs a guy like this, lol, he will have a new car for sure.
Robert
hahaha god I hope he does, he cut his hand up now so nothing is going on yet.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm sure even if you ran a 250 shot with all the right safeties. its not just going to go boom. that has to be one of the dumbest things i've read. yeah a 250 shot equals instant meltdown!!! I'd put a good stall with a trans cooler, and a 250 shot and with a set of slicks. there are tons of ppl with autos running the stock 10 bolt!!!!! i'm sure yours will last at least one good launch especially if the car is pretty stock at the moment..
Old 08-20-2009, 11:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I haven't read all of this thread, but based on your sig if you are hoping for 550rwhp on a stock car with a 200shot that's being a little liberal...

My opinion, throw a cam in that bitch, put on some drag radials on some 15" bogart wheels with the 200shot and kick his ***. Those OEWheels ZR1s will kill you, they are heavy as ****. They look cool as hell, but 28lbs a wheel and add the fact that its rotating mass and it hurts you more then it helps.

Good luck.
Old 08-24-2009, 05:56 PM
11 Second Club

02 Z-28 A4 here. With full stock style tubular rear suspension, gears, drag radials, cai and catback plus a 100 shot, I was running 11.5s all day long. The fastest completely stock c6Zo6 i've seen ran 11.3s but normally ran 11.4s or 5s. It can be done with a Z-28 at the drag strip but I doubt it from a roll. They pull hard on the top end.

Eric