Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pulled the trigger on the hsw dry plate kit!

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 05:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by tnmotown
dont mean to kinda bring this up from the dead, but do you get it installed? also any pics? and how are you liking it?

Im thinking about the exact same setup you have. I also have stock injectors/fuel pump so just want to do 100 shot dry.

Is HSW still doing 20% off?
I got the microedge installed, but thats it. Getting married on fri, so things have been on hold with the car. No worries tho, I will finish it up over the winter. The hsw 20% sale was for labor day, so yea that was awhile ago. I will post the a pic of the microedge install, looks pretty trick imo...
Old 11-23-2009, 06:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by john563
I've been thinking bout this kit myself..I have 42lb injectors..Does anyone know what rwhp(injectors) max out at? I'm H/C/I and plan on a 100 shot on top of this
you will be close to maxing those 42's with anything more than a 100 shot on your setup. I think about 550whp is the cutoff on those injectors.
Old 11-23-2009, 06:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kinglt-1
you will be close to maxing those 42's with anything more than a 100 shot on your setup. I think about 550whp is the cutoff on those injectors.
I put down 430rwhp but thats in a 4400stall...So if it were a 6speed it would be around 450rwhp,so I'm guess I may max em out on a 100 shot..May have to consider a wet kit instead

oh congrats on your wedding!
Old 11-23-2009, 07:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

I put down 430rwhp but thats in a 4400stall...So if it were a 6speed it would be around 450rwhp,so I'm guess I may max em out on a 100 shot..May have to consider a wet kit instead

oh congrats on your wedding!
I think you could squeeze by on the 100 hit, but yea a wet kit might be better for your setup!
Old 11-24-2009, 03:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i think i know why its all not installed yet. your girl doesnt know you just spent all that money on toys for the car just before the wedding, and your worried if she finds out then shell call off the wedding lol. congrats btw , but you have more patience then me, if its at the house, its goin on the car.
Old 11-24-2009, 09:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

I think you could squeeze by on the 100 hit, but yea a wet kit might be better for your setup!
yeah you may be right cuz when ever up the cubes and want to spray on top of it I'll def run out of injector
Old 11-24-2009, 10:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by itsslow98
i think i know why its all not installed yet. your girl doesnt know you just spent all that money on toys for the car just before the wedding, and your worried if she finds out then shell call off the wedding lol. congrats btw , but you have more patience then me, if its at the house, its goin on the car.
Lol, naw I always tell her when I buy something. There is never any issues in that department. I have been waiting since early october to get my car on the lift to start the install, but my dad had a couple things he wanted to get done on his 66 chevelle and his 69 camaro aswell. Now the wedding is almost here, so the install got pushed back a little further.
Old 11-24-2009, 03:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Here is a couple pics of the microedge installed.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 11-25-2009, 09:44 AM
FormerVendor

Here is a couple pics of the microedge installed.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
It looks like a little robot sticking its head out. What mounting system did you use for it? Looks like a cell phone mount maybe?

Nick
Old 11-25-2009, 05:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Nick@HSW
It looks like a little robot sticking its head out. What mounting system did you use for it? Looks like a cell phone mount maybe?

Nick
It's a pda mount. Theres not much room to put that big azz controller anywhere else in the car lol. The glovebox was perfect spot imo, close it and the car is in stealth mode.
Old 12-26-2009, 07:53 PM
Teching In

I too bought this kit. Mine is a sudden impace wet kit. The 20% was back for the christmas holidays so I jumped on the opportunity to get this kit at a great price. I dont know much about nitrous, but I was expecting my kit to have more than three packages. Instructions were missing as well and nothing is lables so I cant check to see if I have actually recieved ALL of my accessories for this kit...
Old 12-26-2009, 08:15 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kamarobuddy
I too bought this kit. Mine is a sudden impace wet kit. The 20% was back for the christmas holidays so I jumped on the opportunity to get this kit at a great price. I dont know much about nitrous, but I was expecting my kit to have more than three packages. Instructions were missing as well and nothing is lables so I cant check to see if I have actually recieved ALL of my accessories for this kit...
Post up a pic of what you got, and I'll let you know if you've gotten everything. Also, instructions are available digitally on the HSW site in the forums.
Old 12-26-2009, 10:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

I've been thinking bout this kit myself..I have 42lb injectors..Does anyone know what rwhp(injectors) max out at? I'm H/C/I and plan on a 100 shot on top of this
If they are the Green top Ford injectors they are actually about 48lb'ers at our fuel pressure due to Ford rating at 43psi. I ran the 644rwhp in my sig and was only at 78% DC, so still some room. the 80% rule is more for longevity sake and n/a specs. hell a 10 sec run at 87% will harm nothing.
Robert
Old 12-26-2009, 10:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

It's a pda mount. Theres not much room to put that big azz controller anywhere else in the car lol. The glovebox was perfect spot imo, close it and the car is in stealth mode.
here's another trick little mount that I use on certain installs. it fits perfect and works great in the C5 cup holder:

This one works great on the vent ducting screens:

Robert
Old 04-08-2010, 04:47 PM
Teching In

Wow that is a badass kit, I think I'm going to have to go with HSW instead of NX. Now just trying to figure out where to mount that bottle, I don't want to drop 100-200+ $ on a remote bottle opener and would prefer to mount it on the driveshaft hump.

What are the dimensions on these 10lb bottles mounted on their bracket?
Old 04-08-2010, 08:11 PM
Staging Lane

very sweet kit, i am jealous
Old 04-08-2010, 08:57 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by buddyleex
Wow that is a badass kit, I think I'm going to have to go with HSW instead of NX. Now just trying to figure out where to mount that bottle, I don't want to drop 100-200+ $ on a remote bottle opener and would prefer to mount it on the driveshaft hump.

What are the dimensions on these 10lb bottles mounted on their bracket?
We also offer a trans tunnel bracket to make mounting the nitrous bottle easier there.

Nick
Old 04-09-2010, 10:52 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Nick@HSW
We also offer a trans tunnel bracket to make mounting the nitrous bottle easier there.

Nick
Does that run extra? How much? Man this is such a sweet kit I just need to determine the exact width on my FAST intake/tb and I'm placing the order.

NM I see it's 69.99. Much better than 200+ for a remote bottle opener. I just want it concealed so I might come up with a MDF/Fiberglass enclosure and carpet it.

What are the advantages for having the filter kit and blowdown tube? I'm trying to justify buying the big 449$ kit but the only things I want are the controller purge and bottle heater.

Last edited by buddyleex; 04-09-2010 at 11:34 AM.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:58 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by buddyleex
Does that run extra? How much? Man this is such a sweet kit I just need to determine the exact width on my FAST intake/tb and I'm placing the order.

NM I see it's 69.99. Much better than 200+ for a remote bottle opener. I just want it concealed so I might come up with a MDF/Fiberglass enclosure and carpet it.

What are the advantages for having the filter kit and blowdown tube? I'm trying to justify buying the big 449$ kit but the only things I want are the controller purge and bottle heater.
Blowdown is to evac. the nitrous in case the bottle over pressurizes and blows the rupture disc. Rather than having the nitrous fill the car, the tube routes it safely outside the vehicle. It is required in most sanctioning race organizations.

Filter is to prevent any debris from making its way from the bottle to the solenoid plunger where it can easily get stuck and hang the solenoid open. It is something I highly recommend.

Anything else, just ask. Thanks.

Nick