Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Most ignorant Nitrous comment!?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 07:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by custm2500
Again it is ignorant but 4 cylender guys are used to having 4 cams, hell Mustangs have 2 in many cases.
QOHC? Quad overhead cam?
Old 11-17-2009, 07:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pwned
Old 11-17-2009, 08:20 AM
9 Second Club

Fat/rich = safe.
Wet makes more power than Dry.
Old 11-17-2009, 09:07 AM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"How big is your bottle?"

"Wow, you have two of them!"

"Every time you spray a motor it takes 10,000 miles off the life of it.... Seriously."

"Keep it a little rich to be safe..."

"If you are gonna spray your LS1 you better put some TR6's in it"

I've also had people tell me that they could smell the nitrous after I beat them, even when I wasn't spraying.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:20 AM
Banned

WOW this might win. Nitrous isn't a fuel. I am not 100% sure it won't burn by it's self but I am 99.9% sure it doesn't. So many people think nitrous is a "super fuel" when it isn't. It is nitrogen and oxygen. The who reason for running it is the oxygen! This was all at a shop that sells nitrous?
the way it works is the nitrous gas and oxygen in mixed and at lower psi it wont lite on fire. but when the engine compresses the nitrous it separates the oxygen. then you get a bigger bang in the engine. lol
Old 11-17-2009, 10:26 AM
Banned

i love it when you pop your hood and you can read in big letters TNT nitrous. or harris speed. or hell even edlebrock. and they say "you have N. O. S. on this" No dumbass it is nitrous.
Old 11-17-2009, 11:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

some old guy once told me that i was a fool, for using noss.
that it was goin to eat the engine seals. that if i wanted real hp, i should run lpg injection
Old 11-17-2009, 12:32 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Originally Posted by letsrunem
QOHC? Quad overhead cam?
I am sorry you got me I am thinking 6cyl. Obviously 4 cyl often have 2 my point being, it isn't like a most 8 cyl that have one cam. Regardless anyone who wants to learn about anything 8 cyl and is driving a tuner you should try to convert them!!!
Old 11-17-2009, 12:50 PM
Staging Lane

It seems like there are three types of people who make ignorant/funny comments. The "know it all" car guy who doesnt know it all, misinformed people, and anyone who doesnt understand the need for speed.

Ive heard them all!
"100 shot? thats HUGGGEEE, I would go with a 50 so you dont blow the motor"
"I know a guy that blew up a bunch of motors running dry, you need to switch to wet"
"How much horsepower does your truck have? Why do you want more"
"you shouldnt leave your bottle in your truck, its going to explode!
I get the how does it feel when you spray it question a lot too.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:27 PM
TECH Resident

I just get tired of people in stock cars saying I spray every single run...
Old 11-17-2009, 02:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jman54002
you are going to blow the welds off the intake....hummm sound fimilary? stupid RICERS.
show of hands...lets see how many people weld there intakes on!!! bolts are worthless....they will just melt with nawwwwsss ~~
Old 11-17-2009, 02:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

2 hours after i bought the z28, sitting at the gas station outside dallas texas, guy comes up to me,

guy"wow nice car what all do you have done to it"
me"nothing its pretty much stock i just bought it 2 hours ago"
guy" wow that thing is awsome, did you put naaawwss on it??"
me"no its stock I just bought it"
guy"you should put nawwwss on it, my son has one with nawwws and he runs X second quarter miles at the track"
me" peels off and heads back home... "
Old 11-17-2009, 02:50 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When I had my 02 Z28.

Random guy, "So, how many motors have you gone through."
Me, "It's the stock motor, so none."
Random guy, "Holy ****, you're lucky, how much are you spraying?"
Me, "Just 125."
Random guy, "Just 125? You're ******* crazy!"
Me, "Nah, not really, thanks."
Old 11-17-2009, 02:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

OH and a little info...while Nitrous itself isn't flammable it does have potential for explosion when put under extreme pressure. Having worked in in the oil field, we worked a lot with Nitrogen, "N2", and of course when you bring oxygen into it, "with all the chemicals we pumped down hole N2O would be a common bi-product", well let's just say I've worked with it...

Anyways Nitrogen when cooled off, "warmed up", expands in like a 6000/1 ratio. So if you had say, even 10lbs of Nitrogen, if you were to over pressurize that bottle, it would be the equivalent to probably like 100lbs of tnt *guessing I didn't do the math on that one". Given that's NOT the kind of explosion we see on TV....

But its like anything under pressure can explode, Nitrogen though has potential for ....bigger bangs.... but not the fire and flames you see on tv...just a big BOOOM and shock-wave.

Also, no one quoted the new movie... "your running meth like a ***** when you should be running nos" vin diesel.... lol
Old 11-17-2009, 04:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by baalic
OH and a little info...while Nitrous itself isn't flammable it does have potential for explosion when put under extreme pressure. Having worked in in the oil field, we worked a lot with Nitrogen, "N2", and of course when you bring oxygen into it, "with all the chemicals we pumped down hole N2O would be a common bi-product", well let's just say I've worked with it...

Anyways Nitrogen when cooled off, "warmed up", expands in like a 6000/1 ratio. So if you had say, even 10lbs of Nitrogen, if you were to over pressurize that bottle, it would be the equivalent to probably like 100lbs of tnt *guessing I didn't do the math on that one". Given that's NOT the kind of explosion we see on TV....

But its like anything under pressure can explode, Nitrogen though has potential for ....bigger bangs.... but not the fire and flames you see on tv...just a big BOOOM and shock-wave.

Also, no one quoted the new movie... "your running meth like a ***** when you should be running nos" vin diesel.... lol
Lol didnt he say the guy was running nitromethane? Lol when i heard that i turned the movie off and just watched family guy. How many guys do you know running Nitromethane like its nitrous? Haha
Old 11-17-2009, 04:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

custm2500; I get were your coming from but yea you had to be there. The kid was looking for a race not information. Most of the tuner guys that live in the Twin Cities usually bite off more than then can chew. Don't get me wrong they are some really fast 4cylinder cars out there too. To most of these tuners' a fast car is high 12s.
Old 11-17-2009, 05:44 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

show of hands...lets see how many people weld there intakes on!!! bolts are worthless....they will just melt with nawwwwsss ~~
Many 4 cyl intakes are made of sheetmetal and welded at all of the joints. Many of them are made similar to a header with a flange and welded runners to a main pipe that goes to the filter. Thus if you had a nitrous backfire it would possibly take out a seam that was welded as apposed to just blowing a hole in the intake like it would on an LSX motor. Not talking about welding the intake to the motor.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:17 PM
10 Second Club

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

one nite at the track i'm sittin in the staging lanes next to a 68to71 chrysler thats a total race car. back halved,caged...etc. old guy that owns it sees my n2o kit and tells me "that **** is for guys who dont know how to make real horsepower"

long story short we race and i kick his dick in. he only mustered a 11.8 in his big block wonder and i ran like 10.50. we get back to the pits and he seems a bit salty. so i walk over and i ask him, "was that real enough for ya?"
Old 11-18-2009, 01:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Many 4 cyl intakes are made of sheetmetal and welded at all of the joints. Many of them are made similar to a header with a flange and welded runners to a main pipe that goes to the filter. Thus if you had a nitrous backfire it would possibly take out a seam that was welded as apposed to just blowing a hole in the intake like it would on an LSX motor. Not talking about welding the intake to the motor.
I have a 4 banger in the driveway........I still don't see how it would "blow a weld"..... it is neither of the type you describe......
Old 11-18-2009, 05:35 AM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

I have a 4 banger in the driveway........I still don't see how it would "blow a weld"..... it is neither of the type you describe......
Because it is stock. Stock ones are typically cast and often plastic just like LS motors. I am sure you have seen sheetmetal high rise intakes on race cars before. I will try to find a pic. Boils down to the line is for a movie but there is a tiny bit of possibility to the comment.
Here is an example,
http://weapon-r.com/english/index.ph...oducts_id=6292
Click the link and there are alot of pics.

Last edited by custm2500; 11-18-2009 at 05:44 AM.

Quick Reply: Most ignorant Nitrous comment!?