Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Most ignorant Nitrous comment!?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 10:30 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 98camaro28
I have my back seats removed, and the bottle mounted on the trans hump. My favorite was my friend's little brother, who drives a riced out V6 firebird asked me one day.

Kid: "Did you take your seats out for weight reduction?"
Me: "Yeah, nobody is ever back there anyways."
Kid: "Then why don't you take your scuba tank out? It looks heavy."
Me: "Ha ha that is a nitrous bottle."
Kid: "No its not. All nos bottles are blue and orange."
I just laugh. "ok"
This is my favorite!
Old 12-05-2009, 05:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nitrous is like crack, once your on it, you can't get off it
Old 12-05-2009, 05:21 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by custm2500
It smells tottaly differant when you are spraying. Now when people smell it and it wasn't used then they are crazy. But it does have a smell and sound for sure!
I help out at a dyno shop and i've been around tons of nitrous cars and I've never smelled anything different. Unless the car still has cats and sometimes they get hot and put off a nasty scent.

The sound of the RPM's climbing faster is it.
Old 12-06-2009, 07:13 AM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Originally Posted by BAKED
I help out at a dyno shop and I've been around tons of nitrous cars and I've never smelled anything different. Unless the car still has cats and sometimes they get hot and put off a nasty scent.

The sound of the RPM's climbing faster is it.
I swear there is a smell. At a dyno shop I would assume the exhaust is ported outside so you wouldn't smell it.

How about others who run juice. You can smell it correct!? I am sure I am not crazy just like race fuel, alcohol and nitromethain has a smell.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:23 AM
9 Second Club

Where would there be a better place to smell it? I've been behind nitrous cars, I've been in my car spraying 400 and never smelled anything. Where have you smelled this "nitrous smell" ???
Old 12-06-2009, 09:33 AM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

I thought I remembered it with my probe years ago.

I know for sure when I took my truck to the track the first time, the nitrous noid was leaking so it started spaying wile idling. I had to shut the truck down quick turn off the bottle and hope she didn't blow when I started it back up because i was 1 car from staging. I clearly could smell nitrous 100% for sure. Now this would be nitrous that wasn't fully used since it was at idle and no added fuel but you could smell it for sure.
Old 12-07-2009, 01:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

I must be crazy too because I can smell something different. The exhaust smells different. Whats causing it? I don't know.
Old 12-07-2009, 06:56 AM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

What causes it is a differant fuel make up being burned. It is probably the extra nitrogen. Just like alcohol smells and race fuel smells differant. You throw differant wood into a fire and it will smell differant.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:29 AM
TECH Addict

theres sulfer in it. if you ever get a plume to the face it will take your breth away. never smelled it while racing or dynoing but while filling the bottle you can smell the sulfer when you crack the lines open.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:57 AM
9 Second Club

I know that nitrous has a smell, just not coming out of the exhaust. If you smell something different it's probably too fat and you are smelling unburnt fuel.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:13 AM
yak
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Once I was crusing around with a 03/04 cobra and he wanted some from a roll. My car is usually jetted for a 175-200 hit on the street but I was playing around with a 75ish shot for the day. Back when I had the 6 speed I loved how broad the tq curve was, and the car didn't mind taking a hit at around 3200rpm. So we come out of a light and I shift to third not thinking much, he's pacing winding out 1st gear at around 30mph. I look over and smirk and he takes off. I casually just bury the pedal in 3rd gear and after about a second the juice comes on and I'm immeadiately reeling him in, nail fourth and walk right past him, we pull into a gas station and he's like what do you spray that thing with a 200 shot? I'm like, not tonight just a little 75hit. His responce, I guess I kept up pretty good then. I just looked at him, smiled and said I just rolled into it in 3rd gear, I could have eaten a bologna sandwich during that 'race'. The look on his face was priceless.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I am sorry you got me I am thinking 6cyl. Obviously 4 cyl often have 2 my point being, it isn't like a most 8 cyl that have one cam. Regardless anyone who wants to learn about anything 8 cyl and is driving a tuner you should try to convert them!!!
I am pretty sure that you should not have started a thread trying to make fun of peolpe when you have A) no idea what you are talking about B) can be made fun of in your own thread about making fun of people C) spelling anything above a 3rd grade level pwns you.

Not all 8 cyls have 1 cam, not all 6 cyls have 4....
Speaking on averages, i would say that you are 50% right only 30% of the time.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Because it is stock. Stock ones are typically cast and often plastic just like LS motors. I am sure you have seen sheetmetal high rise intakes on race cars before. I will try to find a pic. Boils down to the line is for a movie but there is a tiny bit of possibility to the comment.
Here is an example,
http://weapon-r.com/english/index.ph...oducts_id=6292
Click the link and there are alot of pics.
i think you should go back to driving the probez and leave the LS engine alone. Your ignorance in anything car related is fairly huge.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

It smells tottaly differant when you are spraying. Now when people smell it and it wasn't used then they are crazy. But it does have a smell and sound for sure!
Does it smell like bull ****, cuz that what you must be hauling. AND sound? Does it sound like ........vroom vroom.......NNNNNNAAAWWWWZZZZ!!!!......

i forgot the Vtek in there somewhere but you get the point.

Please. Stop.
Old 12-07-2009, 01:09 PM
Banned

This is the best one ever. i heard this from a friend of mine, he has a trans am.

he said, "i don't like nitrous... it's FAKE power."

then i gave him a mushroom tattoo. true story.
Old 12-07-2009, 01:26 PM
11 Second Club

^ LOL @ mushroom tattoo!
Old 12-07-2009, 04:17 PM
On The Tree

me - yeah, it's got nitrous...
dad - THE COPS ARE GONNA KNOW YOU HAVE IT AND THEN YOUR INSURANCE WILL BE VOID AND THEN YOU'RE GONNA GET REAR-ENDED AND BLOW UP AND blah blah blah blah blah blah

lol.. true or not.. chill out...
Old 12-07-2009, 07:28 PM
9 Second Club

I swear there is a smell. At a dyno shop I would assume the exhaust is ported outside so you wouldn't smell it.

How about others who run juice. You can smell it correct!? I am sure I am not crazy just like race fuel, alcohol and nitromethain has a smell.
BTW, Race gas, alcohol, and nitro are all types of fuels. Last time I checked people don't run nitrous by it's self as the primary fuel.

LOL @ gectek
Old 12-08-2009, 06:05 AM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

nitrous isn't a fuel but it is buned along with fuel therfore changing the makeup of what is being burnt. Like I said there is alot of nitrogen being put threw the system and also someone else said sulfer. Those two gases can change a smell of a fire therfore there is atleast the potential for a smell. Maybe I am crazy or maybe a smell is when the tune is off by a bit like someone said. Rich or lean can change exhaust smell also.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

nitrous isn't a fuel but it is buned along with fuel therfore changing the makeup of what is being burnt. Like I said there is alot of nitrogen being put threw the system and also someone else said sulfer. Those two gases can change a smell of a fire therfore there is atleast the potential for a smell. Maybe I am crazy or maybe a smell is when the tune is off by a bit like someone said. Rich or lean can change exhaust smell also.
You really should stop, because you have no idea what you are talking about. You don't burn nitrous, and FACTCHECK: Sulfur is not a gas. Nitrous provides oxygen to AID in the burning of more fuel. You are still burning the same fuel, not a different fuel like when using race gas etc, that's why it smells the same. You are still going for the sameish a/f ratio using the same air and fuel. Get that part? Air/fuel ratio, meaning they are separate. Air and fuel. You are still using the same fuel, the nitrous just allows you to use greater quantities of it because it provides more of the A in the equation. You are not changing the makeup of the fuel, you are simply using more of it.

Quick Reply: Most ignorant Nitrous comment!?