Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Forgive me for the non LSX build...

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 07:23 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll bet distribution on those intakes is horrible... How much are you planning on spraying?

Looks like a very clean install! Make sure to post p some results when it's finished.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to the world of nitrous...................you might want to go back to a blower when this blows up...................lol
Old 02-24-2010, 09:06 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Canbarelygo
i dont make it up to the city super often but ill definately make a trip up there to see this thing on the street.

im am sorta curious tire wise as well because ive heard those vipers get nasty with some juice and make monster torque as the shot goes up.
any plans on a tire for everyday driving and still hooks decent when ya wanna thrash it a bit?
Speaking of tires:

Hoosier DR's. The ONLY 26" tall 335mm DR I can find for a 17" wheel. I wish M/T made one. The car is a weekend toy so I'm not too worried about rain. Also, on the torque, I'm hoping the progressive will control it on the hit, it'll get the 100's most likely on the hit and ramp up to the 250's over 1-2 seconds.

Originally Posted by Cliff
Welcome to the world of nitrous...................you might want to go back to a blower when this blows up...................lol
Lol, you jinx me all the time! I'm going to come up there and pinch your fuel lines! Lean mean detonating machine!
Old 02-24-2010, 09:08 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by BAKED
I'll bet distribution on those intakes is horrible... How much are you planning on spraying?

Looks like a very clean install! Make sure to post p some results when it's finished.
250's, and I bet you're right, lol. I'll get some results up hopefully this weekend. My tuner was learning the VEC III system today, took a few steps back before we went forward but he's got the hang of it, A/F looks MUCH better NA so far. I'll probably get the bottle filled Friday, he should be done with the tune N/A tune by then and finishing up the plumbing and hoping for the hose pull on Saturday.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:42 PM
Launching!

LOOKS GREAT...ive been talking to Brett lately as im interested in him tuning my nitrous 415ci vette...I went with the victor/spray bar setup. Im coming down there next week, will your car still be there id like to check it out?!
Old 02-24-2010, 09:55 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by awd2rwd
LOOKS GREAT...ive been talking to Brett lately as im interested in him tuning my nitrous 415ci vette...I went with the victor/spray bar setup. Im coming down there next week, will your car still be there id like to check it out?!
I hope it won't still be there! Lol. Let me know what day you're coming down and I'll drive it down. I work a stones throw away (on the industrial road that XP's through street is off, literally 20 seconds away).
Old 02-24-2010, 10:57 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 'Trust'
I hope it won't still be there! Lol. Let me know what day you're coming down and I'll drive it down. I work a stones throw away (on the industrial road that XP's through street is off, literally 20 seconds away).
Itll most likely be on Friday. Hopefully it wont be snowing...Im taking my girlfriend to see John Mayer @ the Ford center lol , but im going to come down early should be there around 3:45-4:00. I will be staying overnight though and should just be hanging out on Sat. Im going to call Brett and let him know im coming also, since this will be the first time ive visited XP, but he sure does seem nice/knowledge/helpful on the phone.

By the way Trust are you an OU alumni? I was there 2004-2008 Chem/Biochem

Sorry to hijack the thread, its funny I was talking to Brett about your car, I kind of had the same plan of finishing out the C5 project and selling it and picking up a 96-97 Viper GTS. Kudos to you my friend

Last edited by awd2rwd; 02-24-2010 at 11:27 PM.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:49 AM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is greasy

I can't wait to see it eat.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:54 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BAKED

Back in the day there were quite a few of these year Vipers I knew that were using nozzles infront of the throttle bodies spraying 250-300. They were doing it this way because they did nit feel they could plumb a directport on top and clear the hood. Being a 1500 dollar intake everyone was scared to attempt it. So we did.lol and the rest was history.. We plumbed have since then been plumbing directports on the top for the guys wanting to inject some serious amounts of dope.

But we knew there had to be a better solution than nozzles for the guys that did not want to go directport. Thats why we started making the plate systems for the vipers. I have not had the prevlidge of tuning one and reading the plugs but I am pretty sure it is safe to assume our plates should destribute much better compared to a nozzle. Only way to know where the horse power limit is going to be is to pull the plugs as you move up in the tuning process.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:54 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Trust,
Install is looking good. I love the blue car color. Thats my favorite.
Old 02-25-2010, 03:09 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Speaking of tires:

Hoosier DR's. The ONLY 26" tall 335mm DR I can find for a 17" wheel. I wish M/T made one. The car is a weekend toy so I'm not too worried about rain. Also, on the torque, I'm hoping the progressive will control it on the hit, it'll get the 100's most likely on the hit and ramp up to the 250's over 1-2 seconds.

Lol, you jinx me all the time! I'm going to come up there and pinch your fuel lines! Lean mean detonating machine!
thats a pretty intense setup your goin for as far as that crazy tire and sprayin 250 its gonna pull like a freight train.
im lookin into doin the whole turbo thing but i havent decided yet im still playin with the idea of spray but have you thought about the gear your gonna go with a bit later down the road?
i know that its a tough decision in a turbo car and it especially is for me being an auto car.
do ya think you might throw some more gear at it later or are the factory ones ok.

(i have no idea what they would be for a viper lol)
Old 02-25-2010, 03:09 PM
10 Second Club

Itll most likely be on Friday. Hopefully it wont be snowing...Im taking my girlfriend to see John Mayer @ the Ford center lol , but im going to come down early should be there around 3:45-4:00. I will be staying overnight though and should just be hanging out on Sat. Im going to call Brett and let him know im coming also, since this will be the first time ive visited XP, but he sure does seem nice/knowledge/helpful on the phone.

By the way Trust are you an OU alumni? I was there 2004-2008 Chem/Biochem

Sorry to hijack the thread, its funny I was talking to Brett about your car, I kind of had the same plan of finishing out the C5 project and selling it and picking up a 96-97 Viper GTS. Kudos to you my friend
Cool, it'll be there tomorrow still for sure. The interior is still apart so I doubt he'll get it done that fast, haha.

I actually went to UCO, so I'm UCO Alumni. When I enrolled there in 04' they had the best business program in the state so that was the choice. I was seriously considering pre-law but opted out of that idea so it was off to Edmond.

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
Trust,
Install is looking good. I love the blue car color. Thats my favorite.
Thanks man! I'm just ready to see what it'll do!

thats a pretty intense setup your goin for as far as that crazy tire and sprayin 250 its gonna pull like a freight train.
im lookin into doin the whole turbo thing but i havent decided yet im still playin with the idea of spray but have you thought about the gear your gonna go with a bit later down the road?
i know that its a tough decision in a turbo car and it especially is for me being an auto car.
do ya think you might throw some more gear at it later or are the factory ones ok.

(i have no idea what they would be for a viper lol)
Yea, hoping it'll hold up! The stock gearing in this car is a 3.07, and if I was staying n2o or NA, I'd put a 3.55 in it, but since it should eventually go TT I'm going to leave it. I play around a bit on the street and my problem with the T/A was running out of gear so I don't want that same problem here. The power should make up for a gear deficiency and I'm trying to keep this car as 'sacrifice friendly' as possible.
Old 02-25-2010, 03:38 PM
Launching!

man with those gears and it bein a stick car its gonna fly on the highway.

im sorta worried about the same bproblem i think im gonna end up with 3.23's by the time i get sorted out. 3.73 is just to steep in my mind for someone like me who has to drive it and put up with it everyday in an auto car.

and besides how bad is it gonna suck if im geared out goin to the I40 in a dumped downpipe turbo car on a saturday night headin to the city to cruise lol i kinda like my ears to not bleed

excelent car man i cant wait to see it when you have it in its prime
Old 02-26-2010, 01:48 AM
Launching!

Cool, it'll be there tomorrow still for sure. The interior is still apart so I doubt he'll get it done that fast, haha.
Wont be till next Friday the 5th
Old 02-26-2010, 08:34 AM
10 Second Club

man with those gears and it bein a stick car its gonna fly on the highway.

im sorta worried about the same bproblem i think im gonna end up with 3.23's by the time i get sorted out. 3.73 is just to steep in my mind for someone like me who has to drive it and put up with it everyday in an auto car.

and besides how bad is it gonna suck if im geared out goin to the I40 in a dumped downpipe turbo car on a saturday night headin to the city to cruise lol i kinda like my ears to not bleed

excelent car man i cant wait to see it when you have it in its prime
Yep, lots of people are against roll racing, but this car is just not built (not by me, from the factory) to be ideal for dig races, so when it goes WOT it'll be from a roll. The big goal is TT's and 1000RWHP, but then nitrous should be fun for awhile, hoping for 700RWHP 800RWTQ.

Wont be till next Friday the 5th
Ah, well if the weather is decent I'll drive it to work!
Old 02-26-2010, 09:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I want more pics, try to get vids of the car on the dyno with spray and in action on the street(not racing but just a spray pull). Cant wait!
Old 02-26-2010, 10:35 AM
11 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Damn man!!! Such a beautifull car. Cant wait to see some vids of this thing on the Jug.

I love the color so much that my black ss is paint with Viper blue flames up the nose. Good luck man. And boy am I envious of you....
Old 02-26-2010, 11:31 AM
11 Second Club

Good luck man everything looks great...

I can't wait to see this beast runs at TX2K10
Old 02-26-2010, 02:53 PM
Launching!

we dont do many dig races either we like the roll races better.

its gonna trap crazy at the track and its gonna be a monster on the highway with 1000rwhp.
the torque at that point has to be something nuts especially in a boosted setup i bet itll fry any tire at that point.

i honestly find it hard to come by people that really wanna race from a dig anymore.

and do ya think itll be single digits in the 1/4 kuz if you can get it to hook without demolishing anything i bet youll be there lol

any plans on a 2step or anti-lag or anything of that nature kuz im not real sure whats offered for vipers like that?
Old 02-26-2010, 04:53 PM
10 Second Club

we dont do many dig races either we like the roll races better.

its gonna trap crazy at the track and its gonna be a monster on the highway with 1000rwhp.
the torque at that point has to be something nuts especially in a boosted setup i bet itll fry any tire at that point.

i honestly find it hard to come by people that really wanna race from a dig anymore.

and do ya think itll be single digits in the 1/4 kuz if you can get it to hook without demolishing anything i bet youll be there lol

any plans on a 2step or anti-lag or anything of that nature kuz im not real sure whats offered for vipers like that?
On the turbos it should go single digits, but on the bottle, probably won't break anything but high 10's on the bottle though, it won't leave well.