Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NX Maximizer

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2004, 06:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow amazing news. thanks a ton.

please let me know if you could adjust percentages in each gear differently (from instruction book). I did so much searching and came up with nothing.

did u run 11.7@123 on street tires?????
Old 01-05-2004, 07:03 PM
TECH Addict

U are welcome, just glad I could help!

The bad part about moving 3 times in as many years, is that directions and other periperals from parts installs are sometimes mis placed or worse, thrown out!

I will have to continue my search for the instruction manual at my parents garage this coming weekend.

Yes the 11.7 pass was made @ LVD in upstate New York, on a very badly worn set of Yokohama 315 AVS's, http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....odel=AVS+Sport with a short time of I believe 2.3!
Old 01-06-2004, 06:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

LOL, let me know if you could find the instructions booklet if not oh well..

I assume the yokohamas you had were 315/35WR17 ?

How easy was it to hit 11.7s on those tires? Would you be able to repeat 11 sec runs easily? (I wanna know if your car was going sideways in that run because of the traction problems even with the maximiser lol.)

i drive an 02 ws6 making 360rwhp with just a cam, tuning and some bolt ons (TR224 114) cam. I wanted to spray a 100 shot (maybe a little more to hit 500rwhp ) but then i was worried about traction even on nitto 555 drag radials 275s. I hope the NX maximizer will solve my coming traction problem as i want to stick with the nittos. Do you think i would be fine?

I cant believe you ran 11.7s with a 2.3 60 ft not to mention on those yokohamas!

Did you dyno the car with the nx maximizer? If so would you be able to share the dynosheet with me? I gotta see that torque curve.

hope you can help. Thanks again
Old 01-06-2004, 08:44 AM
TECH Addict

I will work on the booklet this weekend!

Yes! 315/35/17's was the tire size!

Since then I have switched over to 335/35/17 BFG R1's, http://www.tirerack.com/tires/bfg/bf...ing_gforce.htm and this spring I will proably look into some 335 Michelin Pilots http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....el=Pilot+Sport to replace those!

To be totally honest the 11.7 was kind of a shock at the timing booth.

I knew I had lit the tires up a bit at launch, but nothing crazy out of control, it was kinda like a jack rabbit start from a red light on the street, a little noise, a bit of smoke, but very controlable!

I can however tell U that once the rpms hit 3500 it felt like a freight train!

The engine is WOT, and U know it, because U can hear and feel it, but once the N2O kicks on, well, it just keeps on picking up steam!

Many a passenger have said it feels like an old school muscle car with a big block, U get that slight nose rise upon engagement, and then U get the plant U in the seat sensation, followed by perma grin!

If U start with lets say 25% of the 100 shot as your starting point like I do, and U don't get to aggresive with the ramp up time to 100%, then yeah I think U could make it work!

Well as far as the the 2.3 60' goes that was caused by the 611 ft. lbs. of tq, but the 489 rwhp made up for all that on the top end charge!

I knew at the 660' I was flying, and all the lack of traction @ the starting line was made up for by the 660' I think!

As a matter of fact I have 180+ dyno pulls on the "little stock motor that could" and some of those on the 150 shot too!

I have no way of posting the sheets though. (no scanner here )

I can tell U that the TQ was 611 @ 3500 rpm and then dropped to 591 after the initial hit, then it stays flat till 6000 rpm when the window switch kicks off to allow the A4 time to shift!
Old 01-06-2004, 05:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

so is your torque curve fairly horizontally curved or does it spike up very hard at lower rpms?

hmmm wish you could email me the dynosheet but i guess im asking too much from you lol.

was the 611rwtq with the 150 shot or the 100 shot? (my guess is 150 but who knows)

hows the traction in street racing? If its a little troublish at the track i would assume its very dangerous on the street?

Did you have to modulate the gas pedal a lot in the 11.7 sec pass? or is the nx maximiser so good whereas you would just have go WOT all the way without any worries?

Also did you hear anything about the new NX maximisers? Are they more advanced than the one you have? Wish I didnt have to buy those palm pilots this nitrous stuff is going to cost me almost $3000 now

Ofcourse that amount includes everything from parts, labor, digital guages (hopefully) , the maximiser, palm pilot, and the tuning.

But im sure its worth it
Old 01-06-2004, 09:22 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 2002_TAWS6
so is your torque curve fairly horizontally curved or does it spike up very hard at lower rpms?
It is a spike to 611 tq @ 3500 rpm and then it levels off to 591 tq, and is flat all the way to 6000 rpm.

was the 611rwtq with the 150 shot or the 100 shot? (my guess is 150 but who knows)
Bingo! The 150 shot.

hows the traction in street racing? If its a little troublish at the track i would assume its very dangerous on the street?
Well I don't run the 150 shot as a rule on the street, the 75 shot is fully capable of taking care of most of what I run into on the street!

Both the 75 and the 100 are very useable on the street, as long as U use a small percentage out of the hole and do not shock the tires.

Did you have to modulate the gas pedal a lot in the 11.7 sec pass? or is the nx maximiser so good whereas you would just have go WOT all the way without any worries?
WOT all the damn way!

Also did you hear anything about the new NX maximisers?
I believe that there were two different versions that came out after mine! http://www.nitrousexpress.com/produc...loc=101&dealer

Now this one, http://www.noswizard.com/progressive.php was created after mine, but it was produced by the same company as mine "Highpower" of England!

Then there is the one U are speaking of! http://www.mrnitrous.com/maximizer.htm

I do know a guy from the boards that did indeed use the second one this past fall, he had it set up to spray a 50 shot at the top end of the track and lost a couple cylinders. He said it was very difficult to program, the instructions were very vague, and thinks that is what caused his engine damage.

Are they more advanced than the one you have?
I don't know if they are more advanced, but I do believe the second one I listed is a bit more complicated to tune/adjust, and because of that reason alone it is more likley to cause U some serious engine damage if not set up properly!

Last edited by Orange Krush; 01-11-2004 at 11:46 AM.
Old 01-21-2004, 12:48 PM
SSh
On The Tree

FJO Racing is who is making the new NX Maximizer. Yes you can control the % and ramp rate for each gear. The latest software also supports 6 gears instead of 5. Even with 4.10s you will never use 6th in the 1320 any way. I have not purchase one yet, but plan to and have already tried the software on my palm. It looks like the wideband O2 sensor support will be great for tuning as well.

http://www.fjoracing.com/index.htm?m....htm~MainFrame

Quick Reply: NX Maximizer