Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What gauges are needed?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 09:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default What gauges are needed?

I'm getting a HSW 78mm plate kit for my cammed and bolt on LS1 and I want to know what gauges I'll need or should have and what kind of switches I should roll with? I've seen some in the console, cupholder, and on the dash but not sure which way to go.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the importent gauge u need for the spray the nitrous pressure gauge , its a good choice if u installed AEM wideband A/F , www.emblempros.com offer nasty custom switches and in good prices
Old 03-09-2010, 10:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for the reply! They have a one that has up to 6 switches. I just need something for the spray so how many do I need? I plan on getting a purge kit too. So I know I need purge, on/off, bottle warmer?, not sure what else.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by W8S SS
Thanks for the reply! They have a one that has up to 6 switches. I just need something for the spray so how many do I need? I plan on getting a purge kit too. So I know I need purge, on/off, bottle warmer?, not sure what else.
welcome bro , all what u need nitrous on/off , purge on/off , purge , and heater . if u have cutout so u can add to those , its easy .
Old 03-09-2010, 11:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nitro dave has a few different switch plates also at Nitrous Outlet. Not sure if emblem pro's is a sponser but I know Nitrous Outlet is and they gave me great customer service and have great products so I don't mind recommending them.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:29 PM
FormerVendor

I'm getting a HSW 78mm plate kit for my cammed and bolt on LS1 and I want to know what gauges I'll need or should have and what kind of switches I should roll with? I've seen some in the console, cupholder, and on the dash but not sure which way to go.
I like the ashtray switchplates the best for these cars. Ours uses a two piece design so that it doesn't flop around in there.

As for the gauges...the 3 I generally recommend are nitrous pressure (the one on the bottle is nice but 90% of the time that you're wondering what bottle pressure is, its all the way in the back), fuel pressure, and a good wideband. If you're using the MicroEDGE in conjunction with your nitrous system and a wideband, you can have the microedge display the a/f and set the shut down values to kill the system if it ever goes too lean or rich. That would at least free up some space in the gauge pod.

nick
Old 03-09-2010, 03:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

**** you can't beat that Microedge from what it says it does. Here's my list of what I need. What do you think?

- 78mm plate kit
- 3 port purge kit
- Microedge
- Wideband gauge (not sure where to buy)
- Nitrous pressure gauge (not sure where to buy)
- switch plate
- Gauge pod (not sure where to buy)
Old 03-10-2010, 09:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Good recommendations here. You can get by without such an elaborate setup, however I wanted to cover all of my bases with a convenient "push button" setup.

Went with N2O pressure, fuel pressure and wideband O2 gauges (AutoMeter Cobalt was my preference) in a 3 gauge pod. Bought the pod on ebay -- dirt cheap and it works great.

As for the switches, I went with a "BEER" panel sold by Nitrous Outlet. Fit's up nicely under the radio and it has switches for Arming, Bottle Heater, Open/Close (remote opener) and Purge. I coupled those options with a FJO mini progressive controller (with window and WOT switch), so all I have to do is open the bottle with the remote opener, arm the system and slam it to the floor.

The setup is dummy-proof....just what I was looking for!
Old 03-10-2010, 10:07 AM
FormerVendor

**** you can't beat that Microedge from what it says it does. Here's my list of what I need. What do you think?

- 78mm plate kit
- 3 port purge kit
- Microedge
- Wideband gauge (not sure where to buy)
- Nitrous pressure gauge (not sure where to buy)
- switch plate
- Gauge pod (not sure where to buy)
Looks good. There's a few accessories that I would add in there as well such as a filter, spark plugs, heater and blowdown tube. Shoot me a PM and I can help put together a list for you.

nick
Old 03-10-2010, 12:46 PM
FormerVendor

You may take a look at the NANO System.

Feel free to browse around.

www.nanonitrous.com

Quick Reply: What gauges are needed?