Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous AN line size, quick question.

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 02:04 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick@HSW
Well first verify that those fittings are too big for the solenoid outputs before you return them...you might only need 2 3AN 90's.

Take your pick...
Earl's Blue
Earl's Silver
Russel's Blue

Nick
I never thought to see if they would work on the solenoid outputs. I assumed they were the same and wouldn't work.
Old 03-19-2010, 02:46 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

typical smaller kits come with -4 feed line (from bottle to noid) and -3 lines from niods to nozzle/plate. big boy kits come with -6 feed line and -4 from noid to plate/nozzle... up to this point eveyone was talking about the main feed line. thats not the line in question, everyone has been on a different page here. the line in question is a -3 like stated above. anything above 175 i recomend stepping up in line size IF you have big enough noids to support it. you will get better more consistant flow on bigger shots(200 up) with the bigger lines. but you have to have a big enough noid to suport the flow also...
Old 03-19-2010, 02:58 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I see you have our plate with some other brand components. I see the pictures you posted show and I can tell you this from what I seen.

We stock the 90 degree fittings. We have them in blue and black.

OUr plate systems comes standard with 3 an hose on the fuel feeding from the solenoid to the plate. On the Nitrous solenoid to plate we use what we call a race hose. Its a 4 an hose with a 3 an nut on the end that connects to the plate.

All our efi systems come standard with 4 an main feed lines as they can support up to about 300 hp. All our directports come standard with 6an hoses. You can upgrade any of our systems to a 6an hose at the time of purchase and I believe it cost roughly 15 dollars. The reason we do not send our efi systems standard with 6 an main feed lines is because the 6 an is bulkier and not as flexable to easily run through the car. We have found most efi guys are not spraying over the capabilities of the 4an hose unless they are running a directport. So why charge them for what they dont need. :-)

As far as our solenoids and plate they will easily flow 400 hp..
Old 03-19-2010, 03:43 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
I see you have our plate with some other brand components. I see the pictures you posted show and I can tell you this from what I seen.

We stock the 90 degree fittings. We have them in blue and black.

OUr plate systems comes standard with 3 an hose on the fuel feeding from the solenoid to the plate. On the Nitrous solenoid to plate we use what we call a race hose. Its a 4 an hose with a 3 an nut on the end that connects to the plate.

All our efi systems come standard with 4 an main feed lines as they can support up to about 300 hp. All our directports come standard with 6an hoses. You can upgrade any of our systems to a 6an hose at the time of purchase and I believe it cost roughly 15 dollars. The reason we do not send our efi systems standard with 6 an main feed lines is because the 6 an is bulkier and not as flexable to easily run through the car. We have found most efi guys are not spraying over the capabilities of the 4an hose unless they are running a directport. So why charge them for what they dont need. :-)

As far as our solenoids and plate they will easily flow 400 hp..
I sent you a PM
Old 03-20-2010, 05:59 PM
11 Second Club

Nitrous Outlet, could you show me a link to your 90 degree fittings with male and female ends?

Quick Reply: Nitrous AN line size, quick question.